5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to learn, hard to master
I love this game. Everyone can lay pieces right away, which makes it more appealing to guests/1st timers. The deepness however comes in play later on. There is some luck in the equation, but a good tactician will beat a newbie everytime. The multiplayer options are great, you can have players discretly allying to take down the top player.
Published 10 months ago by K. Tsai

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Tiles
I would like to warn customers to check the game when you get it to make sure you are sent the correct number of tiles. The copy we received was faulty, and the process to return it was unsatisfactory.

Published 4 months ago by Michael C. Imhoff

1.0 out of 5 stars Missing Tiles, May 31, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)

Instead of a new game being sent to us we were given a full refund, had to return the game through UPS, and would have to order the game again if we wanted a new one. This is a lot of work on the customers end when the expectation should be that a working product is sent out in the first place.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to learn, hard to master, December 19, 2013
K. Tsai (SANTO DOMINGO, DN Dominican Republic) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, missing tiles, April 26, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
I have had a lot of fun playing this game so far, but unfortunately I am missing several tiles and have several extra tiles as well. It seems like they added an extra sheet of tiles and removed one I needed. Amazon was very quick in helping me and offered a refund so that I could order again. Hopefully the new box will have all the correct tiles and pieces!

UPDATE: New box came quickly and with all the correct pieces and tiles. My entire family loves this game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and Challenging, September 14, 2014
Richard Neal (Loveland, Ohio United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
Very easy to learn the basic rules, but challenging to master the strategy. Each game is different because the order in which the tiles are selected causes the board to "grow" differently every time. The main challenge to the game is balancing early opportunities to score against future opportunities. You need to use followers to score now, also keep enough followers available to score more on future turns. It's easy to tie up all your followers and then not be able to score on later turns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 12, 2014
Best game ever

5.0 out of 5 stars Something real you can touch and have fun together in the evening, July 3, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
A classics that will always be interesting. Something real you can touch and have fun together in the evening. None of the games is the same, and basic rules are simple enough for a kindergardener to understand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 2, June 10, 2014
Wlfgmr (SANTA CRUZ, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
I got this game to play with the family during our weekly game night, it was fun. A few nights later my wife and I were looking to spend some quiet time together after the kids were in bed and decided to give it a shot with just the two of us; so glad we did! Now we play Carcassonne almost exclusively as a 2 player game, mix an expansion in here and there and no play-through will ever be the same. An excellent mix of strategy and relaxation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, a family favorite, June 10, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
We love this game, it's quick and easy to learn, the rules are simple, but there is lots of strategy involved that you can learn over time as you play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully illustrated and a joy to play., January 21, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
My husband and I played the app. version of this game and liked it. We decided ot purchase the board game and we have had a lot of fun playing it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and Fun, January 12, 2014
This review is from: Carcassonne Board Game (Toy)
Got this for my sister-in-law for Christmas. We played it together with our significant others for the first time, picked it up right away, and had a grand ol' time. I liked it so much I might buy it for myself!

Carcassonne Basic Game