5.0 out of 5 stars The essential iPad companion
Published 18 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Keyboard -- Case stinks.
The keyboard it's self is very nice. Has a good touch. I've used it in a dark room, and I felt that the back lighting was not very useful. More light shines from under the keys than through the keys so its hard to see the letter unless you're looking straight down on the keyboard.

Published 18 months ago by R. Masci

5.0 out of 5 stars The essential iPad companion, March 14, 2013
This review is from: ZAGG PROfolio+ Ultrathin Case with Backlit Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad 2/3/4-Black (Personal Computers)
I've been looking for a long time for a good solution to be more productive with my iPad. The on-screen keyboard is alright but you can't work on that for any extended time. Then it seems that most solutions are either hideous, bulky or just not portable. This, however, is perfect. It protects the ipad. The keyboard is really thin. It definitely adds to the weight but that's a given. The keyboard is very comfortable and the keys respond very well. You get used to the special keys very quickly (home screens, play/pause, volume, ...)

2.0 out of 5 stars Excelent Keyboard -- Case stinks., March 26, 2013
R. Masci (Atlanta Georgia) - See all my reviews

Case wise. I am very disapointed. First the case is loose, there is no latch or anything to hold it together when it's closed. So the top and bottom can slip as far as a quarter of an inch which doesn't give a positive feel. There is only a magnet to keep it closed There is no hinge. The part between the keyboard and cover is just a thin peice of material.

I expect my device to be portable, therefore useable at more places than a desktop. This case is for desktop use only, and landscape mode only. The way you see it pictured is the only option that is usable. The iPad slides out easy enough, but when I am out standing in line answering emails, or on a bus, or using a landscape app, the case becomes clumsy. Unlike other cases you can't really fold the keyboard behind the device, doing so causes stress on the back "Hinge" and you can see the glue coming off. I would suspect that extended use like this would not be good and cause further problems with the keyboard / iPad slipping mentioned above.

Final thoughts are that this keyboard / case costs $120. iMountek 3-in-1 case $35. While I like the keyboard of the Zagg, the keyboard on the iMountek isn't terrible. The case of the iMountek is leaps and bounds better than the Zagg. My advice is that if you're going to be using this case at a desk 80% of the time, this is the case for you. If you're going to use this case and be more portable with your ipad, buy the less expensive iMountek.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty,Brains and Muscle., May 5, 2013
This product is a combination of beauty, brains and muscle.

Beauty.
The look is very attractive.
The backlit keyboards have 7 different light colors. I like the indigo.
The packaging is attractive as the product.This is one package I stored away.

Brains.
Very intuitive design.
Very comfortable, placed on the laps.
Can type easily with one or both hands.
The keys are well sized and spaced.
When the lid is closed the iPad turns off and comes back on when the lid is opened.
Excellent battery life.Automatically turns off when idle.
The keyboard light intensity is easy to adjust or turn off if not needed.
IPad sits comfortable in its grove.
Perfect size and design for the iPad.Wits match wits.
Not heavy.Very easy to carry around and sweet to type on.
The magnetic cover is so effective that the case stays closed when it is closed.I have read reviews of other brands flipping open during carriage.
Very functional. The bluetooth syncs easily with the iPad and retains the memory.

Muscles.
Very, very, very sturdy material yet light and portable.
Effectively doubles up as a sturdy protective case cover for your iPad.

Durability: Unknown, time will tell. With the built if properly handled, it might outlast ZAGG corporation itself, with the speed corporation come and go these days.

Cons: None yet. I thought the price was a lot, I got mine for $150.00 at bestbuy. When I read complaints people had with other brands, I am more than pleased with this product. Good investment.
My only gripe is that the keys pick up fingerprints easily, not enough to take away a star from the rating.Not close at all, but may matter to some folks.
The delete key also doubles as the backspace key, again this is not a deal breaker.

This keyboard makes me like my iPad the more. When a product compliments another product so well, you begin to wonder if both products were made by the same company.

If you can live with the cost, it is worth getting.

This review was typed on this key board.

5.0 out of 5 stars The PROFOLIO+ is RATE so high for a reason!!!, May 1, 2013
I don't Rate or Write Reviews very much, but when a product exceed my expectations I tend to want to share the NEWs!!! I did a lot of research before I bought this product (ZaggKeys ProFolio+) and this bluetooth keyboard kept coming up a lot, along with the Clamcase. I was looking for a Bluetooth keyboard to use with my iPad 2 and this product fit my needs very well. I didn't want a product that made my iPad a Laptop, like the Clamcase, if you are looking for a product to do so, then Clamcase is your best bet. However, I was looking for a product which allowed me to easily go back and forth between using my iPad on it's own or having a great Bluetooth keyboard when needed. I also did not want my iPad to look like a small Laptop (draws more attention to it, theft wise).

Now that I'm using this keyboard, I find myself loving it more and more each day. It is so useful, it has changed the way I use to use my iPad and now I don't hardly need to take or use my laptop very much (I use my iPad for both personnal and buiness use). If you have the right Apps, you can do most pretty much everything that you need to do and much faster. If I am checking my emails, doing a quick websearch or needing to write a out a document, I can do it much faster now. Everything about this product is great, I like the way it looks as well as the way it functions. The keyboard is very responsive and build quality is very good. The backlit keyboard is very nice, it has several brightness setting and allows the user to select the right brightness to suit your needs. One of the greatest things about using this product, other than being a great keyboard and folio case, is the battery life, it last very, very long (up to a month) and recharges quickly. People say it is expensive, but I say it's worth every penney. If you are looking for a cheaper bluetooth keyboard, there are plenty of them available for you to select from, but you do get what you pay for. And with this product you get everything you need and expect when buying one of the highest rated bluetooth keyboards on the market. Stop your search and pick up one to these, you won't regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly Perfect - for 5 Months, May 27, 2013
I agree with most of the 5 star positive comments. The light up keyboard is great at night when typing in a dark room. The keyboard would be nearly perfect (as a small keyboard can be) if it had iPad screen brightness keys, since that would also enable quickly adjusting screen brightness when in a dark room. Another request (I hope Zagg reads these) would be a lock key that required a quick double tap (or 1-2 second hold) to "lock" the iPad, since it is easy to hit instead of the delete key when "touch typing". While they're at it (for the next revision of the product), having the light shine through the letters (as with Apple's keys), rather than around them, would be an improvement.
However, I say nearly perfect "for 5 Months", because after ~5 months of daily use, the thin faux leather cover, which also acts as the (only) hinge, stretches out, allowing the ipad to tip back just far enough to make it somewhat unstable, tending to tip out of it's (non magnetic) slot. This is not a problem if sitting perfectly flat on a table top, but if on your lap or other slightly angled (down) surface, that has become a significant problem for me.
If Zagg reinforced that area (&/or made the slot magnetic), and made the other modifications mentioned above, it would not be nearly perfect, but PERFECT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid and comfortable design, October 12, 2013
I have had the 4th generation iPad for over a year and since buying it I have always longed for a real keyboard. Sorry Tim Cook but the virtual keyboard is good for the quick one or two sentence reply and logging into a website but for anything beyond that you'll find yourself going across the house to grab your MacBook.

That having been said, I have spent too much time looking for the perfect companion for my iPad. There are countless keyboards ranging in all shapes sizes and materials. I had such a headache trying to figure out which way to go. What I wanted was one of the aluminum body ones that would give my iPad that MacBook look and feel that I was used to. After reading dozens of reviews and watching endless YouTube unboxing's I determined that the ones that looked the part were not the most reliable, convenient, comfortable or cost effective. I am also one of those that buys the case for the iPhone and iPad before I can get my hands on the device so protection was important to me. Using the iPad itself as part of the case was not a very appealing option to me.

After reading the feedback and reviews for the Zaggkeys Profolio+ and watching yet another round of YouTube unboxing's my decision became very easy. I have had the keyboard for a coupe days now and haven't stopped using it. I find the design is ideal for my needs where I'm toting my iPad to and from work everyday and then from room to room around the house. The case is thin and protects the main body of the iPad. The keyboard was very easy to pair, the backlight feature is nice and the case feels very durable. It took me no time at all to feel at home typing on the keys the only issue I keep running into thus far is hitting the equals key instead of the backspace key but that's just a matter of getting a bit more aquatinted with the keyboard.

Finding the right keyboard for my iPad was a compromise in some places but ultimately led to some gains in other areas such as protection and based on the reviews I have read a gain in reliability. Hopefully I will still have the same opinion in six months and a year from now.

I have not had any issues with pairing, double letters typing and keys sticking or falling off. I do like how thin the keyboard portion off the case is and when folded its not much thicker than the iPad was in the Apple Smart Case. Plus another feature that I noticed several people missed or didn't understand is that the rear facing speaker when in the case has a cover on it designed to redirect the sound towards you. No it doesn't turn your iPad speaker into a high end surround system but it does help to improve your ability to hear what your listening to without having to cup your hand around it or prop a book or cereal box behind it.

Good luck with choosing the keyboard that's right for you. I would recommend this keyboard/case combination to anyone that is concerned with ease of use, typing comfort and protection for your device.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was good for awhile, November 6, 2013
Product worked great for the first six months. Battery life was great. Barely ever needed to charge it. Blue tooth worked flawlessly.
It even looked good. Then about about 6 months into it use the material (false leather) covering the outside started to peel away from the body of the unit.
Looked horrible. Then the battery receptical inside the unit came out with the plug, therefore, making the unit completely inoperable. I am looking for another blue-tooth keyboard and it won't be from Zagg!

4.0 out of 5 stars Zaggkeys Profolio Plus is simply great! (Revised), August 22, 2013
I ordered the Zaggkeys Profolio Plus after (reluctantly) switching from the Windows Surface RT tablet due to the lack of quality apps. I wanted to replicate the benefits of having an integrated keyboard and I am happy to report that this product fulfills that requirement nicely! The form and fit for my iPad 4 is perfect and the keys on the keyboard are very nicely spaced with good travel and tactile response and it is the only keyboard I have found that is backlit! The case itself has a nice leather texture and closes using the iPads integrated magnets. When closed, it sports a very thin profile (albeit a little heavy). The only criticism I have is that you cannot easily use your tablet AS a tablet without removing the iPad from the case. I highly recommend this keyboard folio.
***UPDATE: After a few days of use, I have decided to revise my review due to the lack of viewing angles. The Zagg Profolio sadly has but one viewing angle using a fixed slot just above the keyboard for your iPad to sit in.It also will not fold back onto itself in order to use as a tablet. This combination often makes it awkward to use on your lap or while lounging in bed for media consumption. Other than those observations, it is a great keyboard folio combination and I will undoubtedly miss the backlit keyboard! Due to these limitations I have revised my review and reduced it from 5 stars to 4.

5.0 out of 5 stars The keyboard for the iPad....bar none., April 20, 2013
I've really only tried one other keyboard and it was the Logitech one that just came out for the iPad. It is a very good keyboard so when I got this one, I thought, another keyboard trying to imitate another one. Well, I was VERY wrong about that. The new Zagg not only lights up in less light (along with 7 different colors) so you can see the keys better but the "feel" of their new keyboard is pretty close to the feel of my MacBook Pro 13 laptop keyboard (which may be the best one out there). Hands down, this is possibly the best keyboard for the iPad out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, August 12, 2013
I bought this at the recommendation of a friend. When it arrived, it looked all right but was not of the same quality as hers. After less than two months of use, the attachment of the cover has come undone and the slot into which the keyboard fits does not hold the iPad securely causing it to slip out easily.

Rate and Discover Movies