Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 22, 2011
The installation for this product is unlike other screen protector. You need to moisten the screen protector with the included applicator spray. ONce that prep work is done, installing it onto my gps unit went pretty easy. Far less air bubbles/pockets formed after install (maybe had something to do with the prep procedure - not sure) and the included squeegee made the installation easier.

Highly recommended.
on March 23, 2012
Installing this product will be a hit or miss affair not matter how well you plan or your attention to detail.

I watched the video, laid out the pieces did a dry run and then had at it and of course the result was fail!

I have to take some of blame...but maybe not... The thing is it's very difficult to keep the shield in place and squeegee . Mine was perfectly lined up and one last squeegee sent it off kilter. When I tried to move back it folded up and I had to peel it off before it stuck weirdly. A second attempt provided a better fit but a very orange peel look to it.

The above could be considered my fault IF the shield was sized more accurately. I assume you have a 62s or the like and are aware of the shape of the screen. The shield does not cover it entirely levying about a 1/16 inch gap around the face and DOES NOT drape over the edge which I feel is an area that will receive damage in my use. So IMO it is about 1/8 inch too small on both sides; 1/4 inch over all. IF the fit had been better the shield would have self indexed better and not floated around to bad effect.

IF I had gotten lucky and got it on right I would have given a 3 star based on fit.

One star too low? Well Zagg has had ample opportunity to respond to my polite emails and I have heard nothing so far. I am willing to amend this review if I do hear from Zagg in short order but as of now I suggest you think twice about tossing $15 at this as it may very well just become a hassle as is my experience.
on July 27, 2015
It's hard to beat the InvisibleShield for protecting your electronics screens. It's not particularly easy to install properly and if you screw up, you are out of luck and need to buy another, but installed properly it will protect your screen and probably outlast your device.
on December 31, 2012
The directions were easy enough to follow but the dimensions of the shield were a bit smaller than I expected, making it hard to align the shield so it looked nice. There was a fair amount of space been the edge of the screen and the shield. After having Ghost Armor installed on my old phone I expected some space, but not this much. We'll see how well it performs out in free hikes. Hopefully the edges do not catch on branches.
on January 25, 2015
Has stood the test of time. I use this GPS every time I go backpacking (14 times in 2013 and 5 times in 2014) The screen has one light dash shaped abrasion about 1/4 inch long from being hit at some point, otherwise the screen is still perfectly visible and clear with no bubbles.
on September 12, 2014
I like it. Fits good in my GPS. A little hard to put it in the right place, but with you are patient you will do a god job. No claims about it. Very helpfull. My old GPS, a 60S got a big scratch on the screen as I touched it on a stone table. I hope this will not hapen with this new one.
on November 3, 2011
The application is always the most important, do it carefully. This fortunately is not a touch screen so I don't have the issues I had like with my Android phone screen sensativity. It definatley improves the protection factor to your screens.
on March 12, 2013
I've installed a dozen or so screen protectors on blackberry over the years and can get them on perfect. this one is a bit different than most and uses a solution on the plastic screen protector when you install it. it was difficult to align the screen protector and get out all the bubbles without the screen protector sliding out of position a bit. you have to hold down a corner of the protector while you squeegee out the bubbles and solution. The protector i got seemed to make more glare in the sun. it doesn't cover the beveled edges of the screen either. I gave 2 stars just because the material itself seemed pretty tough...i still returned it and got a refund.
on February 2, 2013
I just purchased a Garmin GPSmap 62st and since I will primarily be using this for Geocaching, I wanted to protect the screen of the unit.

This ZAGG shield was easy to use; went on perfectly and I had NO bubbles or problems getting it into place. Using their "wet everything including your hands and fingers" method, it makes the job simple and hassle free.

I highly recommend this product.
on February 19, 2013
As screen protectors go, you get what you pay for. The cheap ones last only a few months before the edges start to peel up. Protecting the screen on a $350 GPSr is important. If you register your Zagg screen protector, they will replace it for the lifetime of your Garmin for a small shipping cost. You will have to return the old protector to them. It's a great deal. The Garmin itself doesn't have a square screen, so lining up the protector with the various corners is very tricky. The only downside is that now I get weekly emails from Zagg advertising products. More clutter in my in box.

See 1 answered question