5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out quite well
Published on April 22, 2011 by A. Cheng

1.0 out of 5 stars Things you should know...
Installing this product will be a hit or miss affair not matter how well you plan or your attention to detail.

I watched the video, laid out the pieces did a dry run and then had at it and of course the result was fail!

Published on March 23, 2012 by W. Allen

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Turned out quite well, April 22, 2011
This review is from: ZAGG invisibleSHIELD GARGPS62STS for Garmin GPS Map 62ST -Screen (Electronics)
The installation for this product is unlike other screen protector. You need to moisten the screen protector with the included applicator spray. ONce that prep work is done, installing it onto my gps unit went pretty easy. Far less air bubbles/pockets formed after install (maybe had something to do with the prep procedure - not sure) and the included squeegee made the installation easier.

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars NO Problem adding it, April 8, 2011
Bill Cole (Phoenix, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
I followed the instruction & had no problem centering the shield & removing all the air bubbles.

FOLLOW the INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS.

I bought it on 17 Feb 2011 & as of today, 20 May 2012, the shield shows no sign of any wear or scratches. I carry my GPS with me at all times & use it daily.

In other words, the LCD screen on my GPS is still as good as new.

1.0 out of 5 stars Things you should know..., March 23, 2012
W. Allen (Desert Southwest) - See all my reviews

I have to take some of blame...but maybe not... The thing is it's very difficult to keep the shield in place and squeegee . Mine was perfectly lined up and one last squeegee sent it off kilter. When I tried to move back it folded up and I had to peel it off before it stuck weirdly. A second attempt provided a better fit but a very orange peel look to it.

The above could be considered my fault IF the shield was sized more accurately. I assume you have a 62s or the like and are aware of the shape of the screen. The shield does not cover it entirely levying about a 1/16 inch gap around the face and DOES NOT drape over the edge which I feel is an area that will receive damage in my use. So IMO it is about 1/8 inch too small on both sides; 1/4 inch over all. IF the fit had been better the shield would have self indexed better and not floated around to bad effect.

IF I had gotten lucky and got it on right I would have given a 3 star based on fit.

One star too low? Well Zagg has had ample opportunity to respond to my polite emails and I have heard nothing so far. I am willing to amend this review if I do hear from Zagg in short order but as of now I suggest you think twice about tossing $15 at this as it may very well just become a hassle as is my experience.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to install but smaller than expected, December 31, 2012
Heath Stewart (Kirkland, WA USA) - See all my reviews
The directions were easy enough to follow but the dimensions of the shield were a bit smaller than I expected, making it hard to align the shield so it looked nice. There was a fair amount of space been the edge of the screen and the shield. After having Ghost Armor installed on my old phone I expected some space, but not this much. We'll see how well it performs out in free hikes. Hopefully the edges do not catch on branches.

4.0 out of 5 stars GPSMAP 62 Screen Protector, July 5, 2012
Zagg screen protector for the Garmin GPSMAP 62 works fine. The fit is less than I expected - doesn't wrap around to the angled sides of the front face.

3.0 out of 5 stars Zagg, June 6, 2013
Wanted something to protect the glass screen on my GPS. Found this to be somewhat
difficult to correctly position - took a couple of attempts before it was correctly placed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, June 4, 2013
I to followed the instruction's to the letter and it's rubbish I fitted one to a garmin GPSMAP 60 and that was great,this one has that much adhesive on it you only get one shot and then if you try to peel it off it stretches,it's cloudy and got 3 or 4 bubbles in it,buy something else.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to align perfect and not as clear as i hoped, March 12, 2013
I've installed a dozen or so screen protectors on blackberry over the years and can get them on perfect. this one is a bit different than most and uses a solution on the plastic screen protector when you install it. it was difficult to align the screen protector and get out all the bubbles without the screen protector sliding out of position a bit. you have to hold down a corner of the protector while you squeegee out the bubbles and solution. The protector i got seemed to make more glare in the sun. it doesn't cover the beveled edges of the screen either. I gave 2 stars just because the material itself seemed pretty tough...i still returned it and got a refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars ALways secure but touch demanding, November 3, 2011
The application is always the most important, do it carefully. This fortunately is not a touch screen so I don't have the issues I had like with my Android phone screen sensativity. It definatley improves the protection factor to your screens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tough as nails!, April 6, 2014
I really abuse my gear hiking, climbing, and hunting in pretty extreme conditions and this zagg shield keeps my expensive garmin gps protected no matter what i through at it. Worth the money. Get it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›