Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ZANheadgear Vampire Glow in the Neoprene Face Mask (Black/Red)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

Style Name: Glow Vampire|Change

on January 22, 2011
I got this for my sister and it fit her perfectly. And yes, she looked awesome in it. Then we had a wicked blizzard, with 50 mph winds, and I lost my scarf. So I borrowed it for the shoveling.

It fits my ginormous head just as well as it fit hers. It was surprisingly comfortable to wear for my 3 hour shovel-a-thon. I was able to slip my glasses in through the eye holes so I could see, I got enough air through the nose hole so I didn't pass out, and it somehow even managed to warm the air up a bit. Meanwhile, the snow that was being blown at my face like a sandblaster that literally had me cracked and bleeding within 5 minutes had no effect through this mask.

So to sum up, it really IS one-size-fits-all, it's comfortable, it protects your face and nose and lungs wonderfully, you can wear glasses with it, and it looks incredibly badass. Oh, and it washes easily and the print hasn't been effect yet. And it was priced very reasonably. Five star product all the way.
11 comment|92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 18, 2009
This mask is probably not going to fit your face perfectly, no one size fits all usually does.

PROs: It is warm, especially on the ears. I would wear mine with a stocking cap on top and that would keep my head very warm. Good visibility from it too. Velcro in the back makes it easy to adjust to correct fit and neoprene stretches to accommodate.

CONs: For me the biggest problem revolves in the fit around the nose and mouth. The mask is only fitted so much, so you get these small gaps on either side of the nose. For me that means every time I breath out, the air travels up to my eyes. The air holes around the mouth are too small, hard to breath solely out of them. All that trapped moisture usually left the front of my mask from the nose down to the chin wet. It was a little gross.

Be advised this does not cover the neck. It seals around my jawline and chin pretty well but very little coverage beyond that. I would wear a full head to neck open face mask (Carhartt) with it when it's really cold.
on January 5, 2012
This Mask was a great purchase it was cheap and it works. I was nervous it was not going to fit since I have a huge head (8") but that wasn't the case it fit nicely and there is room for adjustment to fit any size of head big our small. Material is neoprene it helps keep my face warm. It is fairly water resistant. Non restricting as I forget that Im wearing out on the slopes. For the price this is a great face mask cant really complain.
on April 5, 2010
I purchased this item in hopes of getting some protection from the cold during my morning bicycle rides. The material and the cut of the fabric seem to be done well. It is a thin neoprene (or neoprene like) material and it is effective at keeping my face warm.

The problem I am having is that the side pieces which are supposed to attach at the back of my head are barely long enough. I have to move my chin close to my neck to get the velcro fasteners to touch. Once attached if I move my face forward, either the velcro comes undone, or the whole mask shifts down on my face so the breathing holes no longer line up with my mouth and nose. Even though this may work for someone with a below average size head, the problems with the fit render this item pretty much useless for me. I do not have a gargantuan head as I buy fitted hats off the shelf and fit the "large" size quite comfortably(XL size usually too big). This mask is really for those who have small/medium sized heads. I hope in the future they offer a size that will fit me.
on October 30, 2008
Im in Afghanistan right now, and it gets down in the single digits in winter here. I bought 5 of these for the guys in my squad and they are amazing. They keep any kind of wind out, making you so much warmer than normal. Much better than a gator neck.
I know for a fact Ill be using this for paintball when I head home too. Its so lightweight that it could definitely be used during summer as well. Maybe not 120degree heat, but they wouldnt be that bad for any normal summer time.
One last thing. Yes, you do look as cool as you think you would in this. :)
33 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 18, 2010
This is a really great mask for airsoft. It fits great, feels comfortable and has easy breathing acsess. For the price, its worth it. If you need to, you can also waer saftey goggles underneath it.

The only real reason I got it was because of the "idiot in mask" airsoft gun reviews because he wears the same mask.

I am ver happy with this product, and the time it took to get to my house was very fast.
on March 1, 2013
I like the out of doors more than a treadmill and bought this after trying many different masks. This one is stiff enough that it doesn't suck into your mouth as you breath. It doesn't slide down my face when running but I also wear a hat (I have very short hair) which may help keep it in one spot too.
on October 2, 2010
I needed something to cover my face because i didn't like the camo face paint tubes. It is very east to breath and hear. It doesn't cut down your vission at all. It's efective, comftrable, and a great deal.
on October 12, 2015
I purchased a mask like this for my son last Christmas. He loves it. This is my first winter in Montana. It is cold here but the constant wind with the cold weather is a b@*^h. (the wind makes the summer lovely though)
I noticed some reviews said it didn't work . I guess it depends on what you are doing and if you are sweating under the mask. It will keep the wind from biting your face.
That smell.
Well yeah if you have a sensitive nose, I highly recommend letting it air out a few days. You can even run it through the wash, just don't dry it.
The fit
The mask I purchased for my young son is too big for my head. This mask seems to fit snug, which I like.
The velco straps attach together at the base of your skull. I noticed someone didn't like that. Being a military family, my husband has made sure I know how to use cover straps.
The cool
Cool enough. Although I feel a little like Hannibal.
I love these mask. By nature, I stay cold constantly. If you are seriously in need of a mask, all the little quirks you will figure out to keep warm!
review image review image review image
on February 1, 2013
I was surprised in the quality of the mask. It is very comfortable, easy to put on and take off. I got it for myself and my 10yr old daughter and it fits both of us nicely.