ZFOsports® - 80LBS ADJUSTABLE WEIGHTED VEST
|Sale:||$97.95 + $48.49 shipping|
|You Save:||$122.04 (55%)|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Note: Buyer must purchase through MiR Weighted Vest on Amazon for warranty to be valid.
- Trademark & Copyright 2010 by Z Fitness Inc.
- 80lbs. max weight limit. 80Lbs included.
- Total weight can be adjusted.
- One size fits all.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
As to the details, the ZFO vest is very similar in design to the xvest, a padded clam-shell design, in this case the weights are not 1-lb. iron rods as in the xvest, they are 4-lb. tightly packed bars of sand (in completely enclosed sleeves) that can be slipped into the many pockets on the back and front (two rows on each side) of the vest. So there are twenty of these bars and twenty pockets. Each row has a flap that you velcro fasten over the pockets and there are two straps with connectors and velcro that you use to secure the vest to your body. You can adjust the length of the straps to get the fit you want. The fabric of the vest is thick and strong (again, similar to the xvest) and the quality is good.
I'm happy with the purchase, but a complaint...the two boxes the ZFO come in had no instructions (and there are none on the website) for how you put the vest together, no suggestions as to how to use it (the xvest website is very helpful for suggestions as to the safe, proper use of a weight vest), and no suggestions for maintenance and cleaning!
This didn't bother me as I was already pretty knowledge from having used the xvest. Still, what would it hurt to give the buyer a little guidance? Shame!
Cons - 1. First of all, the thing doesn't come with an instruction manual, and is actually pretty confusing on how to assemble. The only way I was able to do so was that I read a review from someone else on Amazon that made the same complaint and said that you have to go to their site to determine how to put it together. They didn't even bother mentioning that, and the instructions on their site don't have pictures to show you just how to put it together (just text, which is not even close to as helpful as pictures would have been).
2. I bought it to run with AND do pull-ups, which I'm guessing most people buy it for. Running with it is fine but I cant use it to do pull-ups because, when I raise my arms up, the two straps over your shoulders are pushed closer into your neck to the point that they actually start hurting your neck and most likely can end up injuring you (if the straps were thinner or more spaced out this wouldn't happen). This is obviously a big deal.
3. Lastly, it comes with sand bags, which is fine, but they are enclosed in these cheap cloth sacks with cheap stitching which began opening almost immediately after I purchased the thing and a little bit of sand keeps ending up everywhere when I work out. I didn't expect it to be super top quality but come on, they definitely should have anticipated this problem and made the cloth sacks a little more durable.
Whatever the case, because I am a lenient reviewer and because there really is no better weight vest on the market I give this product three stars. However, they should really fix the problems I mentioned above, especially if they care about their customers and their business.
One caution: I sent a question to the manufacturer via e-mail using the contact form on their website, and never received so much as an acknowledgement, much less an answer. I don't know whether the form is broken or they simply ignored my message. Either way, that could have been very frustrating had there been some kind of problem with my order.
If you have every used a weight vest they are fairly uncomfortable...but the MiR ZFO fits very well. It doesn't move around too much even during plyometric exercises. If you never used a weight vest 80lbs is A LOT weight. It is a challenge to get this on by yourself with all 80lbs...but once on very comfortable. My one complaint is it goes down below my belly button..but also I am only 5'7" so it makes bending at the waist a bit difficult.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Not the best weighted vest i have ever used, but does the job. As far as reliability, has stayed in tact for 3 years, its just not the best setup, and moves around alot when... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Dustin
I've been using this vest 6 days a week for months. No problems at all. A little tough on the shoulders but one would expect that with 80 lbs. over 3 to 5+ miles. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
A beast of a vest. This thing is great. The weights are perfect and are removable. Velcro is nice and strong and holds everything in place. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Charles Vandyke
This product is amazing its helping me get ready for my marine training. That 80lb rucksack isn't gonna phase me! OO-RAH!Published 4 months ago by Joshua Rivera
It feels more like a hundred than 80 but once you strap it up rite it is a great workout item just be careful when doing hitt training or Any cardio.Published 5 months ago by Jamaal
It comes in two pieces, so you can adjust with Velcro, other than that it works well and gets the job done.Published 6 months ago by Les P
I purchased this because I got sick of putting weights in a backpack for my push-ups, pull-ups, and jungle gym rows. This vest is a great improvement over that method. Read morePublished 9 months ago by Billy C