- Shipping Weight: 4 ounces
- ASIN: B00GGBVPGK
- Average Customer Review: 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (19 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #16,339 in Camera & Photo (See Top 100 in Camera & Photo) Product Warranty: For warranty information about this product, please click here
- Date first available at Amazon.com: August 7, 2013
ZJchao Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal with Gyro 2 Axis FPV PTZ for Gopro 3
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
However, the gimbal just didn't work. It buzzed and vibrated for a few seconds and then went dead. I tried with different power cells with no change. I spent more than a little time finding a firmware update that was in Chinese but I'm fairly technical so I got through it. No help. It was defective.
While inconvenient, I realize that defects happen and so I reached out to the seller for perhaps some troubleshooting advice and worst case, for a replacement part or two. Rather than advice or a refund I was immediately challenged that the item could not be defective. They literally said "Each of our products has been checked before sending to our customers... I really don't know how it can be broken". I assumed the seller was just a bit embarrassed that they shipped a defective part or that it was something lost in translation. I asked for help getting the gimbal to work. The seller's response was to ask "If u think there is really something wrong with it ,pls give me some pictures in detail". I felt like it was like taking pictures of a car that wont start and asking the mechanic to diagnose what was wrong but I did as I was asked and sent three pictures of a non-working gimbal.Read more ›
UPDATE - Disassembled the pitch motor and found that the insulation on the magnet windings was binding and causing resistance. After adjusting the location of the wire, gimbal works well and without any jitter.
As far as usability goes the footage is really good and I have had not issues with jitters in the motors. It does not add too much weight and only decreases the battery life about 2 minutes. I have never owned a Zenmuse gimbal but from what I read they are not much easier to set up and I don't think the footage looks any better. The only benefit I saw with the Zenmuse was it looks much nicer and hides the wiring better. For double the cost I did not think it was worth it.
Time will tell if this holds up well after continuous use. Right now the only con for me is how difficult it is to attach and remove the gopro. It fits in really tight (which probably makes it more stable) but it is hard to get in and out and you have to screw it on with two screws. You also cannot charge the gopro while attached so make sure you have a full charge before attaching it to the gimbal. I would recommend this to anyone who want improved video quality for their Phantom.
They shipped this out pronto and I got it from them within a week which was super fast. Especially since it was coming from I believe Hong Kong.
They are very responsive to any questions you may have also.
Only reason it isn't 5 stars is my unit was defective and didn't work. Though, I am going through the process of getting that corrected.
- A week later I got the replacement very fast as well. Though, same issue. It seems to be something with the Firmware. I had even taken it down to my local RC shop and the owner and I worked on it for about 4 hours. We couldn't get it to work. He was having the same issues with other Tarot Gimbals he has sold. The firmware will update the unit and everything. The Software recognizes the Gimbal and will give telemetry. Though the motors simply don't turn on. And they are unresponsive.
The seller was great to deal with though this product seems to be defective.
|Length: 0:09 Mins|
- does the stabilization job wonderfully
- much more affordable that the official DJI phantom gimbal. Although some DIY modifications are required such as the legs' height, the fixation mechanism, and the power and pitch control wiring.
- can be easily used for other purposes (e.g. put it on a motorcycle helmet)
- the gopro is fixed with screws, not ideal for an easy take on and off
- little heavy, reduces a lot the flight time (~8min on the DJI phantom)
- the pitch control doesn't offer a angle position control but an angle SPEED control, make sure to have a spring loaded lever which will come back automatically to neutral. This was not the case on the dji phantom's back 5th channel so it is not easy to find the neutral after modifying the pitch
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Worked well with my DJI-Phantom 1. The only problem was lack of instructions & updated/downloads information. Took me ages to figure it out.Published 15 months ago by Faisal Ihsan
I had vibration problems after using a couple of times.Published 17 months ago by James L. Gilliland
It works just like it said it would, but it took many hours of frustration to get it to this point.Published 18 months ago by Adam
I previously purchased a generic gimbal that was delivered with a counterfeit controller card so I decided to spend a little more for a higher quality unit. Read morePublished 18 months ago by EzE
It was bit of challenging put it together and connecting to the radio controller. I had to do some research on youtube to do this. Works great.Published 19 months ago by BM
I wanted it for my Phantom 2 but I could never figure out the wiring for desired config. Checked a bunch of very wrong instructions on YouTube. Read morePublished 20 months ago by West Coast 46
The Tarot gimbal is nicer than the cheap ones being sold on eBay and all over. Its designed specifically for the GoPro 3 and will not work with older GoPro's I like the screw clamp... Read morePublished 20 months ago by William L Bongle
This is a trolly amazing Gimbal, but you need a phantom or phantom 2 mount and Servo extension cables to connect the Pitch Slider.Published 20 months ago by R. Morales
I love how the Chinese prepare instructions in the English language. Sometimes I wish I can read their language and compare if their instructions are just as bad. Read morePublished 21 months ago by marcin