5.0 out of 5 stars Best engine additive bar none!, November 7, 2010
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
I have a 1992 GMC Suburban with a 5.7L (350 cu. in.) that I've had since 1996. I religiously changed the oil every 3,000 miles. I currently have 332,000 miles on the original engine and was burning about 1/2 quart between oil changes before using ZMax. Immediately after using ZMax the oil usage went to zero! Since 2008 I've had no oil usage between oil changes! I know this sounds impossible but it's true. I've used many other products of this type but this is the 1st one that actually met it's claims.
ZMax recommends that you use their product a couple of times a year but I now use it after every oil change as I think it is cheap insurance against engine wear and ultimate replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Z-Max Engine oil treatment, April 3, 2012
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
Despite regular oil changes with synthetic oils, my high mileage 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L has a noisy sticky lifter on an exhaust valve which could not be addressed with any engine flushes (including Seafoam). But when I use Z-Max it's only noisy when the engine is cold and quiets down as soon as the engine reaches operating temperature; this is the only additive on the market that can acheive this (beleive me, I've tried them all). Since having this condition professionally repaired is almost as expensive as a remanufactured long block, I decided to wait. Z-Max has continued performing in this manner for over 9 years and over 120,000 miles at this point (the long block is now appropriate and is finally scheduled for this year). The fact that Z-Max can accomplish this feat that no other oil treatment can and keep the hunting/bad weather ride going, speaks for itself; I use it with every oil change in the Jeep and my Mercedes Benz. If only Amazon stocked this product and I could use my PRIME membership for free shipping, instead of taking a trip to the Auto Parts Store...

5.0 out of 5 stars Zmax WORKS!!, February 20, 2013
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
I normally don't write reviews for products but after using Zmax I felt I had too. I have owned five vehicles over the years and I do all my own oil changes and maintenance. My previous four vehicles I tried everything under the sun in oil and fuel treatments and never seen much if any results. Zmax is a different story.

When I bought my currant vehicle in 2009 I had already gave up on any additive working and stopped buying them. My currant vehicle is a 2005 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V and it had 27,000 miles on it when I bought it, currently it has 81,000. Every time I fill up I reset my trip odometer and calculate my mpg manually, even though my car has a computer that is supposed to do that (but it's rarely right). Over the last 3.5 years of driving my vehicle I average 25 mpg and usually have to fill up on Friday. I have a 13.2 gallon tank and my low fuel light usually turns on around 240 miles. I would usually fill up around 260 to 270 and put in around 11 gallons of gas, and I do use the same gas station every fill up. Then one day my brother-in-law (who drives a Honda CRV 150,000+ miles a year for a delivery route) was talking about how he started using Zmax in his vehicle. He claimed he was getting 3 mpg more than before. I thought I'd give it a try on my next oil change at 80,000 miles.

The first week and tank of gas I had Zmax in my vehicle I didn't notice a difference in the power or mpg. I thought another waste of money. Then half way through the second tank my car started running differently. I thought the accelerator was being too touchy and responsive. I was a little worried at first and then I realized that I was feeling more power! The second tank ran down and I went to the gas station to fill up. After I calculated my mpg on the second tank I still averaged 25 mpg. It was at that time that I gave up on any mpg increase and decided the extra power wasn't worth the cost of Zmax. I then went on my normal driving routine and after a week I noticed that my low fuel light wasn't on. The trip odometer said I was at 243 and I had 1/4 of a tank left?! I flipped the computer over and it said I was averaging 29.4 mpg. Of course I wasn't convinced by that at all. It wasn't until Sunday that my low fuel light turned on at around 300 miles and at 314.7 miles I stopped to fuel up. I put in 11.04 gallons of gas in which gave me a mpg of 28.5, I was shocked. I never drove the car any differently from my normal weekly routine or did anything different. Currently I am on my fourth tank of gas, I have 1/4 of a tank left and I have traveled 250 miles so far!

Now some time for math! I change my oil every 10,000 miles and plan to use Zmax at every change. I've also bought some for my wife's car. I've calculated that we will use one bottle every 9 months or so per car. That comes out to approximately 3 12oz bottles a year. The 12oz bottles are around $20 at the local stores. That comes out to approximately $60 a year for Zmax. Assuming that I maintain a 3.5 mpg boost I will be getting 38.5 miles more per 11 gallon fill up. That adds up to 2,002 more miles and 70.25 less gallons used every year. If gas stays at $3.59 a gallon (HA!) that comes out to $252 dollars per year I will saving in my car alone. If my wife sees similar results that will be over $500 a year in savings for $60 a year in Zmax! And if Zmax is actually working in the power and mpg area I can only agree with its other claims of a cooler, cleaner running engine and longer engine life. I'm not going to be taking apart any engines to check that claim! Overall I am very happy and I will continue to buy and use Zmax in all my vehicles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a HUGE difference - but don't buy it here, February 17, 2014
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
This product is actually sold for less $$ on the actual zmax website. As of this writing (Feb 17th, 2014) the single treatment lists here for $15.31 + $9.99 shipping. You can make the same purchase on the zmax site is a few dollars less. And, for $3.00 more you can get the entire 4 part kit on the same site. Be sure to click on specials to obtain the free shipping discount code. (HINT: The bottle of Small Engine Forumla can be used in your car engine. It's the same stuff as the engine treatment. So the kit is an even better deal).

Now for two amazing zmax stories:
Story #1: I had just bought a Honda Accord with 110K and an automatic transmission. Upon taking it on the freeway I noticed a problem with the tranny that I hadn't picked up on while test driving the vehicle (darn it). Once the car hit about 60MPH the overdrive cut in (effectively a 4th gear). But the moment I backed off on the accelerator the overdrive would instantly disengage, then re-engage a moment later. The effect was quite jarring and happened every time.

Out of desperation I bought a bottle of the zmax transmission treatment and added it to the car (I had seen the old commercials on TV where they drive a car treated with zmax hundreds of miles with no oil in the pan). Within a couple of days of adding the treatment the bucking of the overdrive cutting out and in had completely stopped, and NEVER HAPPENED AGAIN AS LONG AS I OWNED THE CAR.

Story #2. This one's even better. I had a Toyota Corolla, again with the automatic transmission. Out of the blue the tranny started making a noise. A loud noise. It happened mostly while backing up (gear shifter in reverse). It was a terrible scraping noise that sounded like metal on metal, like two garbage can lids being rubbed together. Again, out of sheer desperation, I bought a bottle of the zmax tranny treatment and poured it in (and no, the transmission was a tad low, but not empty of fluid). I swear, the sound stopped and HAS NEVER RETURNED!

5.0 out of 5 stars I was a doubter..., February 4, 2014
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
I had tried them all before. No additive was helpful over the years. But when my heavily loaded Suburban (4x4 2500, 32" mud tires) was getting 8.5 mpg, I had to do something. Headers, chip, and dual exhaust with Flowmasters got me up to --- 9 mpg. So I tried zMAX and got 11 mpg according to the internal mpg meter. This was at about 27k miles. The mileage has improved over time, and I can now get as much as 15 mpg on the highway. AMAZING. I add it every oil change, and add a bottle in one tank of gas every few months. I use it in the tranny and the power steering, and have started mixing it with other lube for use on my firearms.

zMAX soaks into the metal. IT IS NOT AN OIL TREATMENT! It treats the METAL itself. Their aviation product, AVBLEND, is the ONLY thing the FAA allows to be used in piston aircraft engines. The FTC allows them to state that they improve mileage, reduce deposits, and reduce wear. Nobody else can claim that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for Carroll Shelby? then it works for me, July 14, 2013
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
I put in a bottle with every Oil Change. you should too. It soaks into the metal of your engine giving you the best possible protection.

5.0 out of 5 stars 173K on a tiny car and 50 MPG after ZMax and an Air Filter..., September 16, 2014
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
2001 Toyota Echo, manual, 173,000 Miles, New air filter and added Zmax with the last oil change and I noticed an immediately greater power an smoothness in the running of the engine... I was excited but guarded. Then My MPG shot up to 50.114MPG on the first tank fill...

Now, admittedly this is a small car and I am driving it like an adult, I expected maybe 45; but not 50. Can the air filter really make that much of a difference? I think not...

Zmax will now be going into my pig of a Hyundai Tuscon that barely gets 23 MPG.

5.0 out of 5 stars its NOT a Snake OIL !!!, June 25, 2014
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
REMEMBER - use it when your car have at least 60 or 70 thousands miles with decent engine condtions !!! add it and drive your old car for about 1 or 2 hundred miles (it doesn't not work instantly -just be patient ) you can feel the difference afterward how your old car runs . I have 4 OLD old cars - 91 Honda civic (180,000 miles) , 91 chevy camaro Z28 ( 145,000 miles) , 74 chevy camaro z28 (unknown miles) , and 97 BMW 328i . (140,000 miles) . all my old cars WORK WONDERFULLY with the Zmax !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, October 13, 2014
This review is from: ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
I have a 95 Volvo Turbo wagon. It would occasionally have a high/ irregular idle only in Park or Neutral. I found several mentions of this problem in forums but noone had a solution. Z-Max cured this. It probably does all the other stuff too. I don't know honestly. But just correcting that problem has been enough for me to keep adding it every 5k when I do an oil change.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 5, 2014
I gained 3 mpg instantly

ZMax Engine Treatment (12 oz.)
$21.96