ZP90 Can a person just by the ZP90 as a stand alone, to use in conjunction with an exiting wireless network? For example, will the unit recognize content streamed from my Mac? Will it recognize content from the internet? I can use my Ipod touch as a remote, right?
asked by John on October 6, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Yes to all.
Richard Hefter answered on July 18, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sonos ZonePlayer 90 Wireless Multi-Room Music System for Home Theater or Stereo

Do I have to use the ZP 90 with an Ethernet connection if I have a wireless router? My router is nowhere near my stereo and won't be.
Tommy answered on August 27, 2011

A
Yes. There needs to be one sonos unit hardwired to the network to begin a sonos system. You can also purchase the bridge (BR100) for about $50, which is the most common scenario, as there are very few people that want speakers where their router is located.

Source: Owner of an A/V Installation company.
dcknoxville answered on November 27, 2011

A
I have two problems to solve that I'm not sure Sonos can address: HD Tv through the TV speakers is difficult to hear the conversation at times because of the background audio that I presume is coming from the rear or side speakers at times. My theory is that the "stereo speakers" within the TV cannot discriminate sophisticated sound signals meant for a home theater sound system which HD is sending and therefore my sound sometimes sounds garbled or hard to discern. If this understanding is true, can the Sonos system with only "stereo" provide a cleaner TV sound?
The second question concerns a piece of equipment I would dearly love to continue using: an Escient "Fireball" hard drive system for storing all my CD's. Could the Sonos system incorporate this music storage device into its world? dvoswego
Darrell Voitik answered on June 26, 2012

A
If you buy the bridge you don
Christine L. answered on December 2, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product