ZTE Force 4G LTE Prepaid Android Phone (Boost Mobile)
Price:$110.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on May 23, 2013
I have been using Boost mobile for over a year now and I wanted to get a new 4G capable phone. Went to Target, Best Buy and other places to find the HTC but they were out. At Target, there was one ZTE Force left and the saleswoman tried to steer me away from this phone. After her getting on her own phone and checking out details about this phone, she quickly realized this phone was bang for your buck. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on a phone and on a plan, this phone is actually quite nice. The saleslady also told me that I will need a larger SD card than I already had. I am currently using my old one and it is still working perfectly. I have downloaded tons of apps and games and still lots of space. The camera takes great photos outside but inside - not the best. Overall, this is much faster and better than a 3G-only phone and I am satisfied with it. So far, no real glitches (when there is an incoming email and I am already doing something on the browser, sometimes the screen will freeze but I just have to go back Home and reopen the app)and no real complaints. The battery lasts a long time - no need to charge again in the day. If you want to get a 4G phone but don't want to shell out the money for a larger brand, this one will definitely do.
99 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 5, 2013
Verified Purchase
As one of the earlier buyers there are a few glitches.
PROS: 1. Good Battery Life if one disables what one won't use and downloads easy task killer from the Android Market.
2. Good resolution and sound
3. Boost mobile only charges me $40.00 a month for 100% data, phone, and full internet @ LTE 4G Speeds
4. Reasonable price of $200.00 for the phone

CONS: 1. Sometimes when I shut off phone and re-start it freezes AND I have to remove the silicone protection cover I put on and the flimsy back to remove the battery for a minute and re-install battery, back, and silicone cover and then I can restart the phone--bothersome.
2.Sometimes lose signal for a short while while on Internet or an application on-line.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 6, 2014
Verified Purchase
It's the cheapest Android 4G phone I have phone that is of high quality. Fast dual processor makes this phone a dream. I use WiFi Tether to make it a hot spot for my laptop and iPad. I used the WiFi Tether for Root Users (very easy to root) at code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether.
on June 29, 2013
Verified Purchase
My Samsung Galaxy Prevail had been acting up recently. Decided to look at my options. Figured If I'm upgrading, I'd try to get a 4g phone. This phone was very good price on Amazon, plus I had some Amazon credit, so an even better deal.

I'll just say WOW!. Moving from an Android 2.3 phone to this is a night and day difference. Nice screen, decent cameras for a phone. Still learning some of the features of this phone. Very loud volume, easy to hear, even on speakerphone. Can have multiple browser windows open and doesn't bog down. Really nice when I am in a 4G area. So far, GREAT! Very good battery life.

I was already a Boost customer, and due to on time payment s for 18 months, had my payment down to $35 a month for unlimited everything, from the starting point of $50 a month. I asked before switching what would happen to my rate, since the unlimited plans now start at $55. They said I would not restart at the $55, I was only moved to the $40 level, the lowest under their new set up.

My only complaint so far, I wish the charging jack was on the bottom of the phone and not the side. Will update if things change.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 28, 2014
i bought this phone form a site (freedompop) because it advertised 200 voice min free 500 text and 500mb of mobile data each month for free. it was an enormous mistake. the phone itself is underpowered. and the handful of apps i have on it? frequently crash the phone or take a good long time to startup. i dont know how a phone that supposedly has two 1.5ghz dual core processors can be as slow as a turtle trying to pull an abrams tank. i would not recommend you get this phone or the freedompop service. i live in brooklyn and the mobile data should be good,well on the speed test app my mobile data is no more than 300kbps download 1.67mbps upload, according to the service (freedompop) i should be getting anywhere from 6-8mbps. in laymens terms you cant even watch a youtube video or any kind of video hosting site, there is just not enough speed to stream the video. so i walked all over my neighborhood in an effort to get perhaps a better signal,no such luck, even an ope space in the park the data rates are the same. when i asked freedompop's tech support they were annoyingly baffled and suggested i use the phone near a window or an open space. and the supposedly free service,if you have a credit card on file with freedompop and you happen to go over your limit in data? your card will be charged a $10 dollar top-up fee,or all services on your phone will cease,it will become a useless brick until you pay the top-up fee to keep your service,so much for a service that supposed to be free. it is your choice to but this phone, but i suggest not using the freedompop service,its tempting when you hear free but the service is awful.
1111 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 26, 2013
Verified Purchase
Super fast shipping coming from Amazon. The phone looks amazing and I love the android operating system. I rely heavily on my phone and it's battery life is doing pretty well. This phone is also known as the Sprint Force or the Boost Force on their carrier websites. After shopping around, the best price for this phone brand new is from amazon.
on April 11, 2013
Verified Purchase
Came from LG Android phone - this is much faster - love that. BIgger screen, love that too. Time will tell.
on January 29, 2014
Verified Purchase
I wanted this phone the first time I read about it. I bought a used one at Amazon, a few snafu's that were resolved quickly! It is awesome! It is totally what I hoped it would be. I don't understand why Best Buy stopped selling it for Boost Mobile, hmmm.
on February 14, 2015
This ZTE Force phone was purchased from FreedomPop for 99.00 plus shipping.

This is the lowest priced phone they offer with their plans.

I purchased one for myself and one for my Mom.

Here's what happened:

I received these phones yesterday.

The first phone I was sent was damaged and used and actually dirty.

The charger it came with had BITE marks on the rubber end of it. The screen had been touched with someone's dirty hands. I've washed my hand ten times already today. UGH.

The second phone, which I meant to give to my Mom, came out of the box and was already ON and had some person's information already on it !!!

No one told me I was buying used, damaged, dirty phones. I was under the clear impression that I was buying two new phones and spent almost an hour on the phone with a FREEDOM POP representative placing these two separate orders, asking many questions, and going over every single detail.

I was never told once that I was being sold used phones. I will most certainly be reporting this deceptive company to my local attorney general's consumer office and I am hoping others will see my warning on this website as well.

One phone will not turn on at all and as I said, the other phone has someone's information embedded in it, also with apparent computer glitches, since it's impossible to navigate. Both arrived dirty and used.

Truly disgusting.

Further, once I called them to cancel, they sent some RMA numbers to return these garbage phones and there was NO printable shipping label. I have to return these useless phones at MY expense.

There's also a little clause in the fine print of their cancellation email that says this:

"Products that are returned damaged are subjected to a fee which will be taken out of your device's original cost.
All devices are subject to return processing fees, including connectivity testing to ensure the device is returned operational."

So, they send me damaged items, but they dare to say they don't accept damaged items back?

Then, they say I may have to pay a processing fee to have these crappy phones returned? Seriously?

I already have to pay return shipping and waste my time going to the post office...what a slap in the face!

So, today I immediately disputed both charges on my credit card, including what I paid for shipping and then, put a permanent block on my account, via Chase bank, so these nitwits can't charge any more fees to my account.

I suggest that anyone getting caught in FreedomPOP's web of lies and fraudulent business practices, do the same exact thing!

Be sure to tell your bank that this is a deceptive company.

Also, check out the California BBB and see the many pages of complaints against them.

Oh, I wish I had researched these people beforehand.

What a waste of my time.

I hope someone sees this and it helps them avoid the same nonsense and disappointment that I went through.

It is possible that this phone would be okay if it were brand new.
I'll never know. Yet, if that many phones are being returned and bought by fraudulent companies like FreedomPOP in order to re-sell to unsuspecting customers, then I thought it was important to try and save all my fellow Amazon customers some time and effort, and help them also avoid FreedomPOP so that they don't go through what I did.

So many wonderful Amazon customers have taken the time to steer me in the right direction in the past, so I like to return the favor when I can.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 22, 2014
Verified Purchase
I've been using this phone for months with Boost Mobile. I used to use Sprint and bought their latest phones. I find no reduction in service, the data streams are good, the price of the phone and Boost is good.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations