The ZTE Fury is an Android Smartphone with a 1GHz processor, 3.5'' display, 512MB RAM, 4GB built-in storage, and 5MP camera. Naturally, it is accompanied by the platform's usual connectivity features such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
Mobile Hotspot capability
powering Wi-Fi for five devices
Capture high-resolution images
and video clips with the 5.0 MP
camera / camcorder
ZTE Fury Overview
The ZTE Fury is the best choice for those seeking the latest Android device with robust capabilities at an affordable price. This device has an elegant and slim design with a 3.5 inch high resolution touch capacitive display. With 4GB of internal memory, sharing pictures using the 5MP camera helps you easily stay connected to friends and family. Effortlessly update your favorite sites like Facebook and Twitter or customize a unique mobile experience with Sprint ID.
Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Operating System
The Fury runs on the Android 2.3 operating system which allows access to the Android Market with thousands of the hottest apps, games and widgets. Plus seamless integration with Google apps like Gmail, Contacts, Calendar and Google Maps. A few of the 2.3 system updates:
- Keyboard: Improved version of the on-screen keyboard for faster typing, editing, and word suggestions based on the initial letters
- Power Management Tool: Monitors power usage of apps and estimates the remaining battery life before another charge is needed
- Near Field Communication (NFC): Similar to a credit card, this feature allows you to touch or swipe your smart phone to pay for goods or services (where NFC is accepted)
An additional phone feature is GPS access, where you can instantly find everything you need around town or across the country, whether you’re after the best gas prices or the hottest restaurants. And when your not downloading apps or tracking your location you can easily email and text friends using the Fury's touchscreen keyboard. This phone is right for the budget conscious Android fan who still wants a stylish and thin touchscreen device without the huge price tag.
With Wi-Fi turned on, you can connect just like you do on your laptop, your phone will automatically search for available networks and you may even save extra bars on your battery. When your not by a Wi-Fi connection, you can experience Sprint's 3G network (where available) and broadband-like download speeds. The average download speeds range from 400 to 700 Kbps with peak rates up to 2 Mbps. Sprint also offers the Sprint Zone - your one-stop source to access your wireless account, phone tips, news, a list of top apps and more. Access Sprint TV, GPS Navigation, Sprint NBA Mobile, NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM and Sprint Music Plus.
- Dimensions: 4.65 x 2.46 x 0.47 inches
- Weight: 4.94 oz.
- Talk Time: 8 hours talk time, 1500 mAh Standard Li-Ion Battery
What's in the Box
ZTE Fury smart device, removable lithium ion (Li-Ion) battery (1500 mAh), AC travel charger w/adapter, micro USB sync cable, 2GB SD card (inserted), guides: user guide, get started, sprint features guide, and terms and conditions of service
- Fast 3G connectivity
- Android 2.3 operating system
- Bluetooth (version 2.1 + ERD) includes profiles for communication headset and hands-free car kits
- Display: 3.5-inch touch capacitive display
- 1 GHz processor
Communications & Internet
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text and email
- Wi-Fi connection
- 3G Hotspot capability (supports up to 5 users)
- 4GB Internal memory + 512 RAM
- 5.0 megapixel camera with LED flash and auto-focus
- Camcorder to capture video clips
- Mobile entertainment through streaming TV, radio or using the MP3 player.
- Sprint ID
- Android Apps thousands of available apps through the Android Market
- Calendar feature keep up-to-date with reminders and meetings
Also Available for This Android Device
| || |
Amazon Appstore for Android
Get a great paid app for free every day.
| || |
Buy a book once and read it everywhere with our free Kindle Reading App for Android.
| || |
Shop 15 million songs and stream your Cloud Drive music directly from your Android device.
| || |
Find local movie showtimes and TV listings, watch trailers, and search the world's largest source of entertainment information.
| || |
Download audiobooks directly to your Android device, then listen wherever you go, get audiobook news, earn badges, and more.
| || |
Shop for millions of products, get product details, and read reviews--right from your mobile device.
Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA), also known as CMAS, is a part of a national alerting system called IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) that enables emergency management officials to rapidly disseminate the warnings and safety information via text alerts to wireless phones based on the phones’ geographic location. The Federal Emergency Management Agency or FEMA is responsible for receiving the alerting information and forwarding the alerts to participating wireless carriers such as Sprint. Such alerts may come from the President of the United States; the National Weather Service, state or county public safety officials. This system is integrated into the same national alerting services that serve television and radio today.