1.0 out of 5 stars Shut off for no reason, have to remove/reinsert battery for it to start up again., May 20, 2012
Terri "Terri" (Charles Town, WV) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Bought the Fury because I was sick and tired of my HTC Evo.

Pros: quick start up, quick reboot, quick camera shutter, no bloatware

Cons: shuts off for no reason, whether the battery is fully charged, halfway, etc. the ONLY way to turn it back on is to remove the battery for a few seconds, then reinsert it, then try to turn it on. If that doesn't work I need to put it on the charger then turn it on. It'll be fully charged yet not turn on.

I returned it to Sprint and got another Fury. Did the same thing. Found out that many others have had this issue.

Sprint found nothing wrong with both phones, which to me means there is an issue with the phone itself since I'm not the only one with issues of it shutting off for no reason (but I had to pay to replace it anyway, ugh).

One star because I cannot do zero stars because of the shutoff issue. The first phone did it three times in the first two days I had it, the second one did it two times in the first three days I had it.

I am now with an LG Viper and so far am happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do NOT Buy It!, December 20, 2012
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone has an annoying habit. It turns itself off randomly and then you have to remove the battery in order to be able to restart the phone. You do not want the headache. Spend your money on something else, a Happy Meal maybe. Sprint says there is nothing wrong with the phone and ZTE techs say it isn't their problem. Don't buy the phone.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality for a bigger monthly charge, February 15, 2013
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This phone is a complete piece of garbage AND they charge you more a month for it. It turns off randomly, all of the time, for no apparent reason. You have to remove the battery to get it to restart. I was sitting on my couch one day, listening to Pandora, when it turned off 22 times in less than 2 hours. I counted. I called Sprint and they've told me that it needed to be updated. I updated it and it's no better. I HATE this phone. It is a complete source of frustration for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this awful phone., February 8, 2013
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
This is a horrid phone, same probs as everyone else.
Also takes really bad pictures, arghhhh
and am stuck with it for another year and a half.
Shoot me now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total junk., November 21, 2012
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Within a couple of weeks of getting this phone, it started randomly shutting off. Sometimes it would not come back on for hours, even after removing/reseating the battery and connecting it to charger. Sprint cannot fix it. This seems to be the same problem everyone else is having with it. Worst phone I've ever owned.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs!, October 14, 2012
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I got this for my wife, who wanted to move into the Android arena. It was cheep, looked like it had everything she'd need. including a nice display, good responsiveness when running apps, and enough memory for someone who doesn't use the phone much beyond being a phone and a few small apps. And it mostly does though.

However, within the first week, the phone would shut off and require the battery to be pulled out in order to restart. I can't highlight this issue enough, as it happens almost every day now, and it makes the phone even more useless than it otherwise already is given the other issues.

Meanwhile, the voice quality on the phone is such that sometimes she can't hear the person on the other end, sometimes they can't hear her, and there's a lot of beeps and vocal distortion on her end that makes it potentially painful to talk to her (think loud mic feedback and cracking/beeping about 20 dB higher than the voice volume). Even when it's not adding the sci-fi soundtrack of effects, her voice can sound like she's moving the phone away from her face even when she's not. Voice quality when it's at it's best is worse than any Sprint phone I've ever owned (customer since '99).

So, bad voice quality and shutdowns, but that's not the end of the woes of this phone. The battery life, even when it doesn't shut down, is generally bad. Maybe 2-3 hours of talk time, if the phone doesn't get too hot to talk on first. The phone even when on doesn't always ring (anecdotally, 1 in 6 times when calling the phone repeatedly from the same room). Now, why didn't I replace this? I did. The phone new phone does the same things. So, save yourself the frustrating, and try something else. It's not worth the frustration.

Pros: Nice looking screen, responsive in apps for the price, not much bloatware.

Cons: Bad voice quality, bad battery life, shuts down randomly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Get something else! Powers off all the time!, April 13, 2014
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I wish I'd read more reviews before getting two of these for my wife and me. They both power off randomly, and need a battery pull to turn back on again. Don't bother buying...unless you enjoy being unreachable by phone at random times of day a perk.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid at all costs, December 30, 2013
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
I got this for my wife, who wanted to move into the Android arena. It was cheep, looked like it had everything she'd need. including a nice display, good responsiveness when running apps, and enough memory for someone who doesn't use the phone much beyond being a phone and a few small apps. However, within the first week, the phone would shut off and require the battery to be pulled out in order to restart. I can't highlight this issue enough, as it happens almost every day now, and it makes the phone even more useless

1.0 out of 5 stars worse phone on planet, September 20, 2013
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
this is the most frustating item on planet shuts down often doesn't receive calls everytime volume is too low nothing good to say about it Sprint should be ashamed to sell this phone and then ignore the complaints without assistance or replacement

1.0 out of 5 stars ZTE FURY shutdown issues, January 17, 2013
This review is from: ZTE Fury, Black 4GB (Sprint) (Wireless Phone)
Have had same issues as previous reviewers. Phone shuts down 3-4 times a day. Can only get it going by taking battery out and reinstalling! A real pain. Will have to purchase a different phone ($$$$$$$) or wait it out until I am due for an upgrade from Sprint.

ARRAY(0xa3e5e120)