4.0 out of 5 stars Phone PLUS MP3 Player
Published 4 months ago by vuniv

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone with terrible charger.
Okay so let me start out by saying that this charger was the one that comes in the box, so I have all the reason to leave feedback for it.
First of all the phone:

Published 3 months ago by casselkid

4.0 out of 5 stars Phone PLUS MP3 Player, April 11, 2014
vuniv (Geneseo, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ZTE Z431 Unlocked GSM Phone with 2.4" Display, 2MP Camera, QWERTY Keyboard, GPS, SNS Integration, Muisic Player and microSD Slot - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I purchased this phone for several reasons and it has proven to be a great purchase. First, I needed a new MP3 player that was rechargeable, played for at least 12 hours per charge and would handle free library Overdrive books. My small clip-on Sansa disk players were great while they lasted, but completely unreliable. After the 6th $40 player quit after only a couple of weeks I gave up on them. I also needed a prepaid phone that would allow me to text with ease, but discovered that a prepaid plan for a smart phone was always at least $10/mo more, even if I never used data. I have a tablet and don't need an expensive smart phone too. With the unlocked Z431, for $30 I was getting a good MP3 player, a phone that made texting easy and only had one item to carry with me instead of two. In addition, this phone has bluetooth so I was able to ditch the earbuds with cords that kept getting in the way. I can use the phone for talking and playing books for several days without having to charge it (never done that with a smartphone). The phone was AT&T unlocked so I could get a free Sim from PureTalk USA which has a unique plan allowing me to pay as little as $10/month for minutes or automatically adds blocks of time if I need more, with extra minutes rolling over. I use anywhere from 200 to 800 minutes a month so this flexibility means I don't run out, and don't pay for minutes I never use as I did on a previous StraightTalk plan. The phone/media player is not perfect (hence 4 stars}. I wish it played wma as well as mp3 format books, but since most are available in both formats can live with that. A 5-star phone would also have a sleep timer and flashlight.
Adding books was a definite learning process so I am including the steps to doing that here.
1) You must purchase and insert a memory card.
2.) Download the software and Overdrive books to your computer using your library site.
3.) Connect the phone to your computer via USB and wait for Windows to load drivers
4) Go to Computer to find the player symbol under Players with Removable Storage and double click
5) A window with "U Drive" should pop up. Single click (important) on U drive.
6) Wait for a couple of minutes - it takes time to load and I was sure it was not working the first few times I tried it because I did not wait long enough. The first file menu that pops up is for the phone, when a second longer menu appears you will be able to use the Overdrive transfer option from your computer to get the files on to your phone.
These steps were from my Windows 7 computer.
Other things I like:
The calendar with audio reminders of my appointments.
The keyboard that I find easy to use in spite of the tiny keys. Maybe it works because the keys are raised. The numbers are small, but since most of the phone numbers I call are stored, I rarely have to enter a phone number.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good GSM Phone, November 16, 2013
Good phone. Keep in mind it is a GSM Network phone, so be sure to chose a phone and Network that best suited for the area you will use it the most. The only drawback I have with this phone is; I want to use the shortcut key (left, right, up, down) to access the Messaging folder, and I have not been able to do that from the shortcut keys. I do like the light weight and slim feel of the phone. For the money I think I made a good buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it!, January 11, 2014
We do not need all the fancy applications and stuff, just wanted a good mobile phone and this one fills the bill very nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beat smart phone data requirements, February 12, 2014
Easy to use. Beat smart phone data costs. Great battery life. Not a smartphone but easy to call, receive and text. Dependable!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic simple dumb phone -, April 25, 2014
Juliebug (Martinsville, IN, United States) - See all my reviews
First, let me say that I am not a techy person and I use my Kindle Fire with my ATT data plan. I didn't want a smart phone. Something went wrong with my ATT LG and I was still under contract with ATT so I came here to find an unlocked replacement. First I bought the Pantec P7040 Link. I was very disappointed with this phone, so many things that it couldn't do (see review of it elsewhere) But I just thought I'd suck it up until I could get another freebie with ATT. Luckily, the port was messed up so it became very difficult to charge only three weeks after I bought it and I was able to return it. Then I bought this phone to replace it. So many good things about it. The phone book is better than any phone I have owned. For example,if you accidentally miss pressing the first digit that you are calling but hit the next 3 or 4 digits, it pulls up and lists ANY number that has those 3 or 4 digits in a row. All of my other phones just would read "No such contact" or something to the like and you had to reenter the number. This phone was very easy to pair with the Sync feature in my Ford Escape, works great. The alarm function is much better than any others I've had too. The Pantec would only allow me to set a certain time alarm for "Once", "Mon - Fri" "Fri-Sun" or "Everyday". I work M, W, Th and get up at 4:00 a.m. so this was a serious limitation for me. This phone can be customized very easily. It is also of putting out the LOUDEST alarm that I have ever heard. I am a very light sleeper. So light that I wear earplugs and have a noise machine cranked up so I can't hear a pin drop. This works great but some phones aren't loud enough to overpower the loud noise and my blocked ears. This one does it easily. Shortcuts work well. Messaging is easy. I will say that the one downside is that the buttons are very small. This doesn't matter to me since I am very small, but a larger person may have trouble with the keys.

If you don't care about all the bells and whistles of the smart phones and just want a very good phone with pretty good features that are easy to use for little money, this one is for you. I love it. If ATT offered me another phone for free right now to re-up with them, I would decline.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Phone with terrible charger., May 1, 2014
First of all the phone:

I got this phone for my mother about 3 days ago she wanted something like her flip phone because she doesn't like touch screens. We ordered this phone and its great. Its fairly fast, good call quality, and easy to use. 5/5 for the phone part.

Now the charger:

The charger where do I even start. First of all on the second charge... Yes 2nd Charge of the phone, it stopped working. Now my first thought was the outlet, so I changed the outlet, Nope. I thought then what the hell Im just gonna take it apart. And what did I find..... One of the capacitors exploded inside the casing of the charger. Thats just horrible I would have been more than happy to have a problem with the charger a year from now but on the 2nd charge?? Come on now... And another thing about the charger is that it outputs to 5.7 volts at .6 amps.... wut.... no one sells chargers like that. Very disappointing.

A good product ruined by bad accessory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cell Phone I ALWAYS WANTED!, February 21, 2014
I LOVE THIS UNLOCKED GSM PHONE , I HAVE RECOMMENDED IT TO MY FAMILY AND FRIEND. ALL THE FEACHERS WORK.

5.0 out of 5 stars ZTE Z431 phone, March 2, 2014
I like my new phone. I ordered it to facilitate texting, although I don't use the data and internet features.

5.0 out of 5 stars good phone for the price, January 30, 2014
the phone for the price is good, a little slow but well, I recommend it and is released, buy it for use in Venezuela and served perfectly. this does not appeal to the foreign friends that want pure expensive phone so recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars works well, March 17, 2014
Wanted this phone to use with Consumer Cellular service. Works well, so I didn't have to change my service provider.

Rate and Discover Movies