VINE VOICEon October 22, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I ordered this because I desired a portable and lighted alternative of ToiletTree's famous fogless mirror. So, I shall be comparing the two: the Zadro LED portable and the ToiletTree basic fogless and piveting mirror. The Zadro lights but the ToiletTree pivots; the Zadro is almost twice as much too.

First the basic setup: the ToiletTree shower mirror comes with heavy duty silicone glue. It's rock solid on the shower wall. The Zadro has a portable suction cup option, or a piece of flimsy two sided tape. The suction cups worked OK, but the unit constantly slid down if the shower wall wasn't completely and thoroughly clean of all residue. I also immediately noticed how insecure the water tank/mirror sat on the base of the Zadro unit. This is probably why the unit does not pivot like the ToiletTree version. The ToiletTree unit sits much more solid. When I opened the Zadro package, the water tank fell off the base and cut my finger. Not a good way to get on my good graces! This tottering mirror is fated to come crashing down on many a shavers foot; I can just see it now.

Do note that the Zadro water tank purposely leaks all of the water out of the tank, which means you don't have to remember to empty it, but it also shortens the time you have to shave before the mirror fogs (or you stop everything and refill the water tank). It's an even split on this point relative to user preference.

What I didn't like at all about the Zadro shower mirror was the distorted effect when looking into the mirror. The ToiletTree shower mirror is completely natural and has no distorted effects. One could get dizzy looking into the Zadro.

What really upset me as much as tottering mirror and its distortion was that the Zadro LED light requires a tiny jewelers screwdriver and 3 of my own batteries for the LED light to initially work. If the batteries are inside the compartment (I don't have a jewelers screwdriver to check) than this mirror's LED is broken out of the box. What a cheap mirror I thought to myself and was glad that I tried this via vinevoice and didn't pay good money for this mirror else I would have been angry. I really was looking forward to the LED light use right away, and for the asking price, I was shocked the company couldn't have tossed in three batteries to get this thing up and running without delaying gratification (or that is was broken out of the box). (I also hate when devices use odd numbers of batteries when batteries come in even number bulk packages and when getting to the batteries becomes a chore).

As for product build and innovation: note that once, while toweling off, I banged my ToiletTree mirror and the adjustable lever came loose and flimsy. I emailed ToiletTree, and they sent me a "new and improved" sturdier pivet free in the mail. The very good ToiletTree mirror had become even better, for free! I haven't phoned the Zadro company about the LED situation and no batteries included in the box (or broken out of the box) or the rickety water tank connection because I got this unit as a tester, but there is a difference between a company improving their rock solid products and upgrading as needed (for free!) and products that don't work with confidence or without a hassle when brand new. You be the judge. To be fair to the Zadro, the plastic is very nice and solid, and the shaving razor holder is excellent: I have one razor that has a battery for vibrations while shaving and is very thick, and this holder takes it securely. The ToiletTree just has a simple shelf that I use only temporarily as any razor is surely set to fly if one towels in the shower (as I do). Oh, to be thorough, both units have a squeegee that works great.

After my brief time with this mirror, I am so glad that I bought the ToiletTree model and that it is my main shower mirror. This Zadro seems a second rate afterthought of a mirror that distorts. It wants to compete with ToiletTree's higher end LED model, but it can't hold its own against ToiletTree's basic unit when it comes to simple functionality of being safe and solid on the wall and during use.

Thus, overall and having both in my possession and using both with an open mind, I can't recommend this over the Fogless Shower Mirror with Squeegee by ToiletTree Products. Guaranteed Not to Fog, Designed Not to Fall. #1 Selling and Ranked by Amazon Customers. (I haven't tried the ToiletTree LED version, but I shall soon, as I see from the reviews it does come with batteries and only requires a coin to open the battery compartment.)

I hope this helps those in the market for a fogless shower mirror.

Michael
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My husband recently made the switch to an old fashioned double edged safety razor from an electric shaver. So this was something that has a very practical use in my home.

The mirror is the same kind of shatter resistant plastic that is used for some locker mirrors, foil like and highly reflective. The mirror lifts out of the holder to fill with warm water to keep water from condensing and fogging the surface. There is a small LED light, but that doesn't get used often. The base is plastic, and looks heavier and more substantial than you'd guess by the weight.The razor holes are lined with a rubber like flexible gasket which fits both my slim razor and his thicker safety razor handles. It comes with two methods for hanging- sticky tape or suction cups. It's on my plastic shower wall with the suction cups and has stayed on there just fine.

It's been wonderful. I asked my husband what he'd rate it on a scale of 1-5 and he said 5. Instead of leaning over the sink to shave, he's able to do it in the shower when the hair is nice and soft. Safety razors need more attention than cartridge type razors or electric shavers and this is working out just great for him. I use it mostly for making sure I got all my make up off and as a place to keep my razor. I went 4 stars because I wish it were a little thicker to make for a larger water reservoir and the plastic mirror does have a little bit of distortion. But because of how well this works, 4.5 stars. Recommended, especially if you use a safety razor.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I received this product from the Amazon Vine program but I am reviewing it as if I had paid the near $50 for the mirror. I just don't see a need for all the work you must put in to having a fog free shower mirror. 3 batteries...I am lazy about replacing batteries anyway and when the ones I have now run out the chances of me buying more and bothering to put them in the mirror are fair to middling at best! Keeping the little reservoir filled with water? A hassle. The quality of the mirror itself is cheap and just not really worth the price or the upkeep. You can buy a less expensive mirror and wipe it down with shaving cream to keep it from fogging up. I don't even think this would make a thoughtful gift.
VINE VOICEon October 24, 2013
This is just ok.
To keep the mirror from fogging up, you need to fill a reservoir on the back of the mirror with warm water, each time you use it.
That's not convenient, and I could see myself getting lazy and not emptying it or using it, and it getting moldy.
Frankly, it's too much work compared to my static one, that was doing just fine.

Overall, it's functional, but not very practical.
on March 15, 2013
Verified Purchase
The mirror is cheap...not actually a real mirror...more like a thick foil....it distorts your face. It does not fog and the light is bright.
VINE VOICEon November 20, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is very functional, it works and does what it says it will do, which is why I am going to give it three stars. I think it would be a nice gift for a man you have to purchase a gift for, but that you don't know very well. It is a little inconvenient though as you have to fill the mirror with warm water every time you use it (and then empty it.) I'm also not a huge fan of anything that requires three batteries and having to replace them relatively often if you're using the mirror everyday to shave.
VINE VOICEon November 19, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a "mirror" for use in the shower. I got it as an item to review so thankfully I did not put out cash for this. I found it awkward and pretty much gave up on installing it in the shower.

The item is plastic with a shiny surface to use as a mirror. Unfortunately it distorts your reflection like a fun-house mirror, which is not fun at all if you want to see your face clearly. The LED light uses three AA batteries which are not included. You need a small Phillips screwdriver to install them. You are supposed to fill a compartment with warm water which theoretically makes the mirror fog-proof. Unfortunately there is a tiny hole in the back of my unit so as soon as I filled it, water started leaking out!

I tried to mount it using the three suction cups that are included. I cleaned the tile first, as instructed. Two of the suction cups stuck to the tile but the third one did not. As I pressed and pressed in an effort to make it stick, one of the other little cups pulled through it's hole so I had to start over. Finally I gave up because it's not worth the effort.

Perhaps I'll stick this up somewhere else as an extra emergency light. LED lights usually last a long time.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've preferred to remove my make-up in the shower for years. It is so much easier to do there, with the heat of the shower really helping to remove mascara and everything else. I discovered fog free shower mirrors many years ago and have used quite a few since. I've used cheap ones from the local Wal-mart, more expensive ones from The Sharper Image store, and everything in between.

They are never really `mirrors' - all of those that I've owned have been some kind of film or foil that offers your reflection, but aren't actually made of glass. I'm not sure if it is possible to have a glass mirror that is fog free, but I really wouldn't want a glass model in my shower. Why? Well, they do fall occasionally, and when they do, I'd rather not step in broken glass in my shower. Most of them hang with suction cups and some of them come with adhesive strips as an option. I avoid the adhesive strips since I rent and the suction cups for most are fine.

The Zadro Z'Fogless LED Light Water Mirror has three large suction cups on the back and so far it has held firm. I suspect this will be very important with this particular mirror as there will be frequent manipulation of the mirror. First of all, it comes with LED lights that are activated with a button on the front of the mirror base. Secondly, the razor holder is more narrow, making my thick handled razors a tight fit. And last, this mirror requires you fill the back with warm water to keep it fog free.

This is the first shower mirror I've ever seen that needs to be filled with water to work. I'm really not sure what I think about that yet. My first inclination is that I expect to forget it most mornings until the mirror fogs up. We'll see. In order to allow you to fill it, the base of the mirror remains attached to the shower wall either via the suction cups or the provided adhesive strip while you lift the mirror top off the base. You then fill the back of the mirror with warm water, and slide it back onto the base. So far, this insertion and removal process hasn't been difficult.

I do like the light on the mirror. This will make it especially easy to remove make-up. These lights do affect positioning of the mirror, however. I first placed it at the same height my old mirror was at, but found the lights shined directly in my eyes. I moved it a bit lower, to a more comfortable level, and can still see my face in the mirror without being blinded. The button that controls the lights is conveniently located and easy to press.

I mentioned that the razor holder is narrower than I am used to. When I first saw it, I was sure my razors wouldn't fit in it. I was pleased to find that this holder has a malleable rubber piece in it that holds items securely while allowing for thicker handles like on the razors I use.

If you plan to use the light on this mirror, you'll need three AA batteries. The battery compartment is screwed on, and you'll need a very small Philips Head screwdriver to access it. Luckily, you can find a cheap set of tiny screwdrivers at most Dollar Tree stores for just a buck if you don't already have one.

As for whether the mirror remains fogless, well, it mostly did. Like all the others I've used, it fogged up a little at the end of my shower. Interestingly, I checked the water reservoir and I believe it was empty by then. I'm not sure how that would go empty so quickly, but I'll be watching that to verify.

I like the mirror, mostly because of the light. I'm not sure it is worth the $49.99 price it is currently being sold at, but that largely depends on the buyer. While I like the light, I can do just as well with a regular mirror that costs a lot less. Now, if this mirror was also a Bluetooth speaker, it might be priced more reasonably.
VINE VOICEon October 29, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is quite possibly the worst item I've had to review in a long time. The Zadro Z'Fogless LED Light Water Mirror arrived without any mounting supplies--no sticker, no suction cups. I was on my own to figure out a way to get it on the wall. While it may be fogless, the paper stuck to the mirror leaves so much sticker residue on the mirror that it was a pain to clean off. The entire piece itself is plastic and cheaply made, definitely not worth the $44.99 SALE price. Filling the back with water and then remembering to empty it so it doesn't get moldy--no thanks. One bump in the shower and the top fell off. I cannot recommend this product, and sadly, mine is going straight in the garbage. I'll stick to shaving at the sink.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using a very simple shower mirror, the InterDesign Fog Away Suction Mirror. It's a really simple setup: suction cup, fill with water, hang, shave, dump. That's all it does, no wires, gaskets, drain holes, switches. And now after about a year, it's got a very slow leak somewhere, but it's still great at what it's supposed to do.

And along comes this product. More of everything, yes, all of the shower mirror bells n' whistles. But I question if this really adds value to the product. For over $40, I wonder if it's worth it, given my old mirror was all of $10, and is still doing a great job coming on two years later. You decide.

Mounting: three choices of mounting come in the package, and that's a definite plus. The three suction cups are in good positions to keep the mirror stable. I also like that you can more or less just lock them into the back of the mirror, then just push it onto the surface. So far it's held well. I did not use this product with the provided adhesive tape.

The light: this is a pretty big selling point, but let's examine it a bit. First, when you mount the mirror so that it's even with your face, the light is below your chin. This means that, very unlike the highly flattering photo on this product's page, the very white light of the four LEDs is lighting you from below. I look like I'm telling a flashlight ghost story around the camp fire. A better placement for the LEDs would be at the top of the mirror. Yes, this would mean they'd be mounted in the top of the removable water reservoir, but that's for the cheeky Zadro water mirror engineering experts to figure out.

The light switch is a bit ambiguous. There is no click or distinct on or off tactile feedback, so you just have to keep pushing the button until it stays on, and push it repeatedly again until it stays off.

So far the light is lasting well with the battery power. Don't know how long it will be until the batteries need changing.

And the LEDs have to have a power source--that's three AA batteries. You have to have a small Philips-head screwdriver to open and then close the battery box. In my book that's usually a minus, having to go get a tool to put a product into use. And yes, the battery box is gasketed. This doesn't make it waterproof, but it should lessen the onset of corrosion of the metal parts.

The three-hole "flexible accessory holder" is pretty good. I don't use it as I've got a shelf in the shower that's better. I note that the interior/action part of the holder is bendy/squishy, so when you drop your razor or toothbrush in from the top, all you have to do to put it back into action is pull it down, through the device. That's pretty smart design.

Mirror: as others have pointed out, this is shiny silver foil, and not a silver/glass mirror. For the purposes of my shaving, the clarity was just fine. I do recommend, though, that Zadro use a different adhesive for sticking their copy to the mirror surface, as it took me way too much effort to get that glue off the mirror face after getting the product easily out of it packaging.

The mirror size as just fine, and seems to magnify just a little, with no distortion.

Is it fogless? With the reservoir full of shower-hot water, it worked just fine every time.

Reservoir. You've got to pull this product apart to get the hot water into it, and it just seems this was engineered for looks and not for function. You don't just pour water in but have to angle it in (see the product copy). Mounting it back on the mirror body is achieved with a sort of V-shaped mounting wedge, and the bottom fits inside a small lip. This is not hard to do, but is also not something you can do with just one hand; you have to take your time or it won't seat properly and may come off.

The detachable part of the mirror (the reservoir) doesn't seem to sit very securely. The weight of it filled with water pulls it down into its V-shaped notch, but I always have to be very careful to make sure it's seated correctly, as I'm afraid it will fall off.

The auto-draining water reservoir is a pretty good idea. But this means that the thing is dripping from the second you fill it. In the time it takes me to shave, the reservoir drained just about completely. You do have to pull it off the set again and shake it out (per the product instructions), as the drain hole doesn't get it all. Now, if I'd designed this I'd have put the reservoir drain hole on the bottom of the reservoir, not near the bottom on the back (vertical) face. Given that any remaining water in the reservoir will lead to the growth of gunk, this placement of the drain hole doesn't make a lot of sense.

And, it drains into the lower section of the product, via two holes on each side. These both drain out the bottom of the mirror. Pretty good, but this lower section is sealed, so it's a given gunk is going to grow inside this inaccessible location.

Per the product copy, I emptied the reservoir by hand each time, and yes, it had just about drained fully. But, the reservoir is lipped all around, so you can't just pour it out, you've got to shake it to make sure the water is out. Smarter design would be a flat/flush surface for simple draining of the reservoir.

There is a little squeegee, and it is the same width as the mirror, for one-pass efficiency. It stores right there on the side of the unit, and holds there pretty well.

There is no user manual. But then again it's a shower mirror--who needs a user manual? There is detailed copy and instructions in the packaging; keep that if you need reference material.

Both the packaging and the product page show contrast-color markings for the product title and the light on the mirror body. This was not the case on the one I received. Raised lettering was just part of the molded plastic.

For the rabid xenophobes out there: made in the USA.

Bottom line: This is a relatively good product, with a modicum of value-added. But, it performs the exact same function as a shower mirror less 25% of its cost, and I'm not convinced that the added goodies on this product--light, accessory bar, squeegee--are really worth that much.

----------------------------------------

Update, 6 December 2013:

And it's a night light, too!

I wake up this morning to find that the light is on, albeit at a low level. I've got a customer photo to upload of this phenomenon, but can't add images to this product's collection. And I can't turn it off, or up or down. The push-button switch has no control over the light now. It's just on, and the only way to remedy this is to pull the batteries out and leave the product alone for a day or two to dry out.

Seems clear that moisture has gotten into the electrical circuitry and created a short. This is after less then six weeks of routine daily use. That's not good value for a product at close to $40. I've dropped a star from my original rating of four.

---------------------------------------

Update, 31 December 2013:

There is now a lot of condensation inside the light compartment. And both sides and the bottom of the mirror surface are starting to bubble up, from the outside of the frame. This is about 1/4" now, and is progressing surprisingly quickly. I expect the mirror will be so unsightly and bubbled it will be unusable within the next 90 days--let's see.

Further downgrade of this product's star rating from three to two.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations