5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, and no-mess solution to peeling garlic cloves.
If you buy refrigerated jars of chopped garlic because you are always in a hurry and can't face the thought of peeling fresh garlic, this garlic peeler is a terrific alternative to that.

Published on September 26, 2005 by Mary Whipple

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad
It works, but so does putting your garlic inside of two inverted bowls and shaking, and the bowls are easier to clean and can do multiple cloves simultaneously.
Published 11 months ago by Dan

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick, easy, and no-mess solution to peeling garlic cloves., September 26, 2005
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)

Nothing could be easier to use. Just open the plastic tube, take out the 5" long sleeve, which feels like rubber, and pop an un-peeled garlic clove inside the sleeve. Roll the tube back and forth a few times with the palm of your hand, feeling the garlic, and then shake out a fully peeled garlic clove. The skin stays inside the sleeve. Rinse the sleeve or put it in the top rack of your dishwasher, and you are done--a whole garlic clove rubbed clean of dry, tissue-thin skin--no mess, no fuss.

I have given at least a dozen of these as small gifts and stocking presents, and they are a perfect (and useful hostess present. Everyone loves them. I haven't had to buy a jar of refrigerated chopped garlic in the two years that I've had this gadget. n Mary Whipple

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the easiest way to peel garlic, March 3, 2011
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
I had one of these before and my wife threw it away one day. I was glad to replace it with another. I make a garlic anglehair pasta soup that calls for 40 whole garlic cloves and this little peeler makes it much faster. The peels do stick to it due to a static charge that builds but they blow off easly. Great gadget to have if you work with garlic.

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!!!, January 18, 2010
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
I was so skeptical about buying this item. It REALLY works as advertised. We have stopped buying the crushed garlic in jars and are now back to buying real garlic since it is so easy to peel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me!!!, December 3, 2010
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
Wow - this is my new favorite kitchen gadget now! After reading all of the reviews on this product and another similar one, I was fully aware that this might be a disappointment. So, I was very pleasantly surprised to find immediately that it works! It is easy! No more of my least favorite kitchen jobs - peeling the garlic - and half the time getting some stuck under my nails (OUCH!). I just bought two for friends for Christmas just 'cause I love this so much. It's cheap, SUPER FAST, doesn't take up much space, and it gets the job done. You just stick the clove in there and roll it with light pressure. That is IT!!! I did apply too much pressure a few times and it will break apart the cloves, but since they're always going to be minced anyways that is not a problem. I can't believe that I don't have to peel garlic cloves by hand any more. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple - yet effective., April 10, 2009
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
I love garlic- I hate peeling it with bare hands; even after whacking it with a knife first to crush it. The skin of the garlic sticks to my finger tips and I've to rinse my hands a couple of times before I'm done with peeling one clove of garlic. I don't have to do that anymore since I got this peeler. This peeler is simple and very effective. No hesitation in recommending this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the best, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
I bought a bunch of these to give as gifts as I have one and love it. However, the one I have is not a Zak design one and regrettably I don't know which brand it is. The difference between this one and the one I have is that mine has ridges on the inside and the main body tube is thinner. The ridges on the inside make it peel garlic faster but this one still works rather well.

5.0 out of 5 stars From the "Why didn't I think of that?" Files, July 15, 2011
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
Pop quiz: What's 6" long, pliable, has an funny-shaped end, fun to use, even in the kitchen, and after you've experienced it, will never go back to limp, boring or tasteless again?

.......

Give up?

The E-Z-Rol Garlic Peeler. Seriously, this is a little rubber tube; about 5-6" long, has a ridged edge, and once you've used it, you cannot, in good conscience, use jarred garlic again. You have to hand it to the people that came up with this - the simplicity belies me - you insert a clove or two into the open end (even those giant Chinese-hormone induced cloves you can get at Wal-Mart Food Center), apply a little gentle pressure manipulating the clove-loaded-tube against the counter, and alas, you are presented with naked cloves ready for further use. The peels are left inside the tube and can be rinsed down the sink or deposited into the trash (though you will have to rinse the tube to remove the sticky peels).

I've bought these rollers for my entire family, after enjoying the use of mine so much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Bad, November 22, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Garlic lovers should have is, April 30, 2013
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
I bought this as a gift for my boyfriend and he loved it. Then his mom tried it and loved it! His dad had a stroke two years ago and he is able to use it. Very simply to use!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, February 16, 2013
This review is from: Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler (Kitchen)
This is your basic garlic peeler and it does what it's supposed to do. I would have given it five stars, however, it comes up a little shy of the material used in the similarly styled Pampered Chef garlic peeler.

Zak! Designs Red Silicone Garlic Peeler