Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: I'll Be Home for Christmas: An eShort Story
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on February 5, 2013
I wasn't going to post a review, but after reading the five star reviews, I felt compelled to say something. If I could just save one reader from wasting 14 minutes of their life that they would never be able to get back...I must post a review and save them!! It is my solemn duty. {dabs forehead} For those readers who gave 5 star ratings and said that they love this short, it was intense (huh?), a change of pace, etc., they have been perhaps paid or seriously mislead. I was taken aback by the almost sophomoric and immature nature of this short. It was predictable, lacked depth and could have perhaps been found in any 10th grade student's notebook as an English assignment. Come on Zane!! You are a name brand, a household word and this is what you serve us! Perhaps I expected more...
on November 21, 2012
As always, Zane's writing was spectacular. However, what was the point of this story? Is there more coming? I love Zane, but "I'll Be Home..." left me confused.
on January 9, 2013
After 13 years, Noelle finds the courage to return home after walking out on her family in the middle of the night. While her mom receives her warmly, her sister and father are another story. Will Noelle's explanation be enough to bring this family back together or has too much time elapsed?

"I'll Be Home For Christmas" is not a typical Zane project. Those familiar with the author's work will be pleasantly surprised by her softer side. I expected some strange twist, but Zane kept it simple. She humbly gave us a well-executed and heartwarming holiday tale of family and love.
on December 6, 2012
I enjoyed this short read from Zane, my only complaint is that there wasn't more. It was as almost odd for me because the story seemed to start in the middle of a timeline. So much had happened prior to the start of the book and obviously so much would happen afterwards. However, Zane did a marvelous job of explaining the important moments that led up onto the beginning of the book.
on April 9, 2013
You can hardly call this a short story. The author decided to throw a couple of paragraphs together, most likely an Introduction to some other book, as a teaser and called it a short story. Shameful! If you want to give a free sample of your book just say so, but don't play games and trick people into downloading this crap by calling it a short story when it clearly is not.
This was very short. Everyone was angry and then suddenly they all made up even though only two of the characters talked. Somehow I don't see the sister just magically getting over all that anger just because she was told to. There was just a revealing of the backstory and then basically an okay everything is all better now, the end. Thus, this fell very flat with me as there wasn't really a story here. An outline of a story maybe...but no real story. Then again, from the other titles by this author, maybe they aren't used to actually having to write a story, but instead just write sex crap with no story-line. I don't know for sure, but I do know I will make sure to stay far away from Zane books from now on. At least this one had no sex scenes though.
on January 27, 2013
So glad this was free. So glad this was free. Nothing more to say. Nothing more. Nothing. Not a thing. End.
on December 29, 2015
It's been thirteen years since Noelle had left home, and she isn't sure how the family will respond when she arrives unexpectedly for Christmas: but it is time to go home and try to make things right. She is surprised by her sister's outburst, and she almost leaves when her dad storms out of the house. But her sister's words stir her to action: she will not run away again!

Read this beautifully told tale of a daughter's past as it is revealed to an angry father, and see the forgiveness and healing that come as love fills this home for Christmas.
on May 3, 2013
I am a big Zane fan so I was excited to get this for my Kindle. I know it is a short story but this was TOO short. I was a little disappointed because I really did not get a chance to get to know the characters before it was ending.
on December 26, 2015
I'm not sure if these characters are connected to another story, as I've not read any of Zane's books before. This is just a few pages of a daughter coming home after running away 13 years. Noelle was 15 when she ran away to NY with her boyfriend. She was pregnant, scared and embarrassed, so she ran.

Her sister and father aren't happy to see her, but after explaining everything to her father, all is forgiven. It is, after all, the season of giving and for family togetherness. Still, it just didn't make me feel anything. A meh read.