4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good
I am so happy with this filter set, but do recognize that at ten bucks, these aren't the best performing filters with the most durable construction. Still, I highly recommend them, and am very happy with their performance...especially considering their cost!

Published on March 6, 2010 by Cinnamon

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price, but not multi coated, so buyer beware
These are advertised as multi coated, but they are not. Not that one would expect good multi coated filters at that low a price point. Under normal lighting conditions the filter works fine, but at low light conditions the reflective nature of this filter (due to poor multi coating) potentially ruins the picture.

I wish it was not advertised as multi coated.
Published on July 15, 2009 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good, March 6, 2010

To start off with, I am well aware that most serious photographers would probably benefit from getting higher-end filters from bigger brands than Zeikos (i.e. Hoya, B+W), especially if they have premium glass. That being said, I'm also aware many people are on tight budgets- myself included - and it sometimes seems excessive to spend so much on expensive filters, especially if you are new to photography. This is a great solution to someone interested in learning more about what effects various filters can have.

CONSTRUCTION
These filters are cheap, and they feel cheap/weak, too. That was fine for me since I knew for ten bucks that was to be expected. I don't expect these to last forever, its more to get my feet wet with filters than any long term investment. For roughly three dollars a filter, I'm very happy with my purchase, even if these are cheaply made as the other reviewers have noted.

AUTOFOCUSING
I noticed from my personal experience when I use the filters with the kit lens that came w/ my Canon Rebel, the 18-55mm IS, auto-focus is fine. With my cheap telephoto, however (the 75-300 non-IS, non-USM), auto-focus was very non-responsive. This was in broad daylight, so I don't think it was an issue of too little light. (If someone knows why this is the case, feel free to let me know!) Either way, aside from the strange focusing w/ my telephoto, I was VERY happy with the performance on my other lenses.

QUALITY
Image quality was fine (for the most part), and the filters - especially the polarizer - without a doubt made a very noticeable difference. I will try to upload images to illustrate this point. I must note, however, that as of now I have only tried this on relatively cheap lenses...if one were to use this on expensive, high-quality lenses, there might be a more noticeable degredation of quality from these filters. My experiences, however, have been positive.

CONCLUSIONS
My assumption is, if you're seriously considering an intro filter set for ten dollars in the first place, you probably will be happy with this set! More likely than not, you're going to benefit from trying these out, and worse comes to worst, you one day upgrade to a better set. O personally think that for the price, this is a very worthwhile purchase.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good price, but not multi coated, so buyer beware, July 15, 2009
Amazon Customer (Alpharetta, GA, USA) - See all my reviews

I wish it was not advertised as multi coated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised, April 21, 2011
I have a Sony Nex-5 and it screws on perfectly onto both my kit lenses. The lens cover also fits perfectly over these filters. Doesn't blur the images or cause any strange halos/glare issues. Also comes with a very nice case for all three filters.

1.0 out of 5 stars you get what you pay for, July 19, 2008
The filters are plastic, no glass. I needed some cheap filters and well that's what these are. Don't be fooled by the supposed $60 price that has been marked down to $10. The filters came dirty and one has a spot that will not come out. If you have an expensive camera/lense don't try and cut costs on the filter, buy a Hoya.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not multi-coated, October 26, 2009
This filter set was advertised as "mult-coated". None of the filters are coated. I do coatings in my job, so I speak from experience. Even so, it is a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a deal, March 16, 2010
A. Long (Atlanta, GA) - See all my reviews
I always buy a UV filter for my glass to protect it, and saw this little three-pack and snagged it. So far I've had great success with it.

The UV filter does what it's supposed to -- pictures are clear as ever, no haze from UV light, no complaints.

The polarizer is the best thing about this. It's a great filter and would alone probably cost four times as much as this whole kit. You don't get the real dark blue skies that a higher quality one would give, but it does darken them slightly. Getting rid of reflections and and glare has been superb. It has performed as well as higher grade polarizers. If you've never used a polarizer, it's a must have for some awesome quality and neat looking pictures.

I haven't found much use for the FLD. It does normalize the color tones of your pictures (makes them slightly rosy colored), but all in all I think it's a matter preference on that one. I managed to get it stuck on my UVF, and could not unscrew it for the life of me. I had to resort to breaking it off with pliers. Turns out the threads started separating from the ring, however I'm not sure if it's from the build quality or from putting it on a little too tight, but most likely the latter.

It's a great buy for $6 (at least, that's how much it was when I bought it) and works great, despite negative reviews I've read on other Zeikos products.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fair quality filter set, October 18, 2009
Hao (Burlington, VT USA) - See all my reviews
This filter set is of fair quality. The glass seems to be of high quality, but the coating is minimal, at best. It does not have a greenish or bluish taint that is typical of coated filters. I have used the UV on a Nikon lens. So far I have noticed almost no difference with or without the filter -- a good sign. The polarizer seems to be doing what it is supposed to do as well -- darkening the sky and reduce reflections. Given the fact that the price is very reasonable, I would recommend it to those of you who are looking for a set of inexpensive starter filters.

4.0 out of 5 stars Terrific for the price, July 14, 2010
D. DEGEORGE (Ellicott City, MD USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This filter set is working fine for me, and one certainly can't beat the price. Reviewers have noted some problems; let me add my two cents' worth:

1. There is no problem attaching these filters to a Panasonic Lumix FZ35 if one follows Panasonic's instructions for attaching filters. There is one fact, however, that another reviewer mentioned in a comment, which anyone attaching any standard filters to a Lumix FZ35 should know: the ring into which the filters screw, itself is free-turning. If you are not aware of this (as I was not), you will wonder why the filter never seems to screw in completely. The solution is simply to hold the free-turning ring as you screw in the filter; then you will find that it screws in perfectly and completely.

2. On the issue of whether the polarizing filter is linear or circular, it looks to me as if it is linear (and am I missing something, or isn't linear what most people want anyway?). The description should be corrected.

3. These filters show no obvious signs of anti-reflective coating; as another reviewer has noted, they seem to reflect as much light as ordinary glass. Furthermore, the product packaging makes no mention of special coatings. Again, the description on Amazon and at Cameta Camera should be corrected. They are still good filters, though; and one would have to pay several times the price to get the special coating. An unfortunate result of the lack of anti-reflective coating is that it is not advisable to use these filters when shooting into the light and thus it's probably not a great idea to leave the UV filter on all the time, which is what most of us would like to do in order to protect the lens. On the other hand, I have used UV filters lacking anti-reflective coatings for a long time with little noticeable ill-effect; but I suspect that I could have had even clearer pictures in some situations had a bothered to remove the UV filter. So, in short, I don't consider it a big deal; but I certainly respect those who are willing to pay the premium for an anti-reflective coating.

4. The filter for use with fluorescent lighting serves little purpose in this age of digital photography. If the camera's own automatic white balance fails to take the green out, the fastidious photographer can fix it in any PC or Mac photo-editing software, much of which is available for free. Given the lack of anti-reflective coating, I would recommend against digital photographers' using the fluorescent filter; it's not worth even the small effort to attach it or the ever-so-slight haze it might add. For those still using film, this is a valuable addition to the set, however. At this price, if only two out of the three filters is useful, one still gets more than his/her money's worth.

1.0 out of 5 stars Skip this, save your money, August 4, 2010
Dave E. Khor "CampDad" (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
Based on some of the positive reviews here, I bought this 52mm kit from amazom.com. Big mistake. I tested the CPL filter on my Nikkor 50mm f1.8 (on a Nikon D90). The base reference was my Tiffen UV filter. I took about 20 pics of varying turns of the CPL filter and ALL the pics were worse off than the ones taken with the Tiffen UV filter. The pics were blurred and reddish. I have another CPL (of a different brand) on my wide-angle zoom and that was a fantastic CPL filter. The sad part about this is I also ordered a set of 67mm Zeikos filters from amazon.com before this review. Those have not yet arrived. I'm hoping that the 67mm is better. I'll post my review once I get those.

But as far as this 52mm kit, forget it. Save the $ and move on to another brand.

2010-08-09 UPDATE: I received and tested my 67mm Zeikos CPL filter on my Nikkor 18-105mm lens. Pics were slightly better than those with the 52mm. But neither kit is acceptable. I'm returning the 67mm kit too.

2.0 out of 5 stars threads do not fit properly, March 1, 2011
Unfortunately, I had to return this product soon after I purchased, because the threads did not fit on my Canon 18-135 lens properly. Particularly the purple filter was the one I had the most problems with. When I screwed the filters on, I had to spend about 10 minutes trying to pry them off. I couldn't get them to unscrew without extra force, and at times I thought that I would damage my lens. I didn't want to have to deal with this every time I wanted to switch filters, so I decided to return them. Before having the threading issue, I took about 50 shots with each filter. The quality of the filters was decent, but just not worth potentially damaging your lens for.

I guess I wasn't too surprised, based on the price. But given the generally decent reviews, I was hoping for the best. Maybe I just got a bad batch, but it's something to watch out for.