The Zeiss Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 ZE Lens for Nikon F Mount
is a precision ultra wide-angle lens built with a Carl Zeiss T* anti-reflection coating that yields images with depth, contrast, and brilliance even under difficult lighting situations. It also delivers photos with contrasting edges, without color fringing. This ultra wide-angle provides the photographer with a tool that enables dramatic perspectives and creative possibilities. Its useful for landscape photography, interiors and other subjects that require its unique spatial organization. It focuses to 9.84" (24.99 cm).
The manual focus 15mm f/2.8 supports all key modes (e.g. aperture priority, shutter priority, program AE or manual exposure settings) on camera models equipped with an electronic interface--current Nikon DSLR cameras. The Distagon T* 15mm f/2.8 comes with an F bayonet (ZF.2) mount for Nikon film and digital SLRs. It has an M95 x 1.0 size filter thread and a built-in lens shade.
- Extraordinary chromatic aberration correction
- Prevention of color fringes caused by chromatic aberration almost without exception.
- Two aspheric lenses, special types of glass with exceptional partial dispersion and the floating elements design, guarantee high image quality from close-up to infinity.
- Anti-reflective coating and the advanced treatment of the lens edges with special dark black lacquers ensure insensitivity to reflections and stray light.
- Whether salt crystals or drops of water-its integrated lens shade and standard filter thread afford the front lens optimal protection from wind and weather.