4.0 out of 5 stars Best Bluetooth headset I've tried, but still not perfect
I travel a lot with my job and I use a cell phone as my primary work phone. My current phone is a BlackBerry Bold 9930 Phone (Verizon Wireless). I have a lot of interstate highway driving time that can be productive if I can safely use my phone.

Published on December 14, 2011 by Buzz

1.0 out of 5 stars not good
Have had this head set for 1 month will not charge.Only tried to charge twice first time ok . Now it will not charge at all.I am not hard on my items.So I just think it is not made well.
Published on January 22, 2012 by wingtap

4.0 out of 5 stars Best Bluetooth headset I've tried, but still not perfect, December 14, 2011
Buzz (Birmingham, AL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zelher P15 Over the Head Wireless Bluetooth Headset for Cell Phones. (14 Hour Talk Time) 4x Noise Cancelling 1 Year Warranty (Wireless Phone Accessory)

As cool and lightweight as the tiny, hipster Bluetooth earpieces are, I've never found one that really worked great. My last attempt on those was the BlueAnt T1 Rugged Bluetooth Headset. I wasn't satisfied because callers complained that they couldn't hear me clearly. Those small headsets share a common design limitation. The microphone is closer to your ear than your mouth and your voice is being projected away from the microphone. The voice tranmission quality is compromised. If you need to present yourself as a profressional to clients on the phone, you need something better.

Wired headsets work better, but it is hard to find a good quality one. The small ones have a similar microphone problem as the Bluetooth sets. The best wired cell headset I had was a full boom mic like this Zelher. When it broke and I couldn't get an identical replacement, I went looking for a replacement with a similar design.

That is what drew me to the Zelher P15. I liked the fact that the microphone was on a boom. It looked like a Bluetooth version of my favorite wired headset.

I've asked several clients that I know well about the sound quality and they usually say it is great and they couldn't tell I was using a headset. As far as I'm concerned, that is about the highest praise you can give. However, I have had situations where the other party said they were having trouble hearing me. There are lots of variables in cell phone quality, so I don't know if that was headset related or something else.

This is the best Bluetooth headset I've tried, but I'm giving 4 stars due to some relatively small, yet annoying, issues.

Positives:
- Excellent microphone placement provides clear voice transmission to the caller
- Good volume from the headset
- Very good battery life. I haven't personally verified the 14 hour claim, but I have had no issues at all with the battery draining in a day or two of heavy use between charges.
- The headset has the same Micro USB charger slot as my BlackBerry. This is a big plus for travel since one charger covers my phone and headset.

Negatives:
- The headset makes a tone sound when the phone ringing, call answer, and call end. I find the pitch of the tone annoying, but that isn't the biggest problem. In order to hear conversation clearly, the volume on the headset needs to be turned up. The volume on the tones is significantly louder than the conversation volume. The tones are uncomfortably loud. I wish this were programmable to lower the volume or at least select a lower pitch tone alert tone.
- The over the head spring band holds the headset tightly. This is great for security of the headset, but it also presses the sides against my head snugly. This gets uncomfortable after awhile, so I take the headset off when I finish a call. I don't have a huge head, so I can imagine that it would be really uncomfortable for someone with a bigger noggin. The padding on the ear piece side is thin and firm, so the pressure on my ear gets uncomfortable.
- There is no way to tell the battery charge level. I've never run out of battery life, but it would be nice to have some way of knowing. Maybe they could have the one LED flash a battery status.

Other comments:
- The headset weighs about 1.5 oz (42g). I'd guess that a lot of that weight comes from a battery big enough to provide 14 hours of talk time. I definitely feel the weight of it more than a tiny (but useless) smaller earpiece.

Bottom line: It is a no frills unit and not perfect, but it works better than any other Bluetooth headset I've tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bluetooth, February 15, 2012
I've had it for a couple of weeks and I haven't had any problems. Believe what I say I drive a truck for a living and people think I am at home when they talk to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, January 23, 2012
Being a truck driver and the new law that has gone into place banning cell phones for commercial drivers I was looking for a product that you could hear well and also have the people you are talking to hear you also. Every other bluetooth that I tried you either couldn't hear or it had an echo in it when you talked. This product is excellent. You can hear things crystal clear and the people that you are talking to say it is very clear. I would recommend for any truck driver to have this product!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great headset for IPhone, June 2, 2012
I've had several headsets - from wired to Bluetooth- and this is one of the best headsets I have owned. Great reception, callers say they can hear me clearly. I primary use this headset for work calls. I have used it when working from home and in the car. Easy to use. I have used it for 8 hours straight without any issues. I charge it every night to make sure I have full charge the next day. No issues so far. I would recommend it for anyone with an IPhone.

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, January 22, 2012

2.0 out of 5 stars Would be perfect - if it would charge, February 8, 2012
Charged it once. Charging jack broke loose and would no longer take a charge. Sounded great and worked great while it was working. Hope you have better luck with it than I did - mine was returned.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zelher headset, February 1, 2012
Best I have owned. I have hearing aids in each ear, so a standard bluetooth is not optional.The earpiece works very well with them.
Battery time is amazing. No complaints from callers on sound either. loud and clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Non-Distracted Driver, January 2, 2012
A little background first. I am on the road between 2 to 3 hours each day. I am on my cell working either before my day begins or after my day ends. I have been looking for a Bluetooth headset that would simply do the following; let me hear the speaker clearly and let the speaker here my clearly. No bells, no whistles.

I have owned 3 different Jawbones, 2 different Plantronics, 1 Jabra, and 1 Microsoft wireless device. I have also had four different wired headsets. You know the problems; you can't hear them, they sound muffled, you sound muffled, they can't hear you, too much background noise... I had sworn off of buying anymore wireless headsets. These units get pricy and I felt cheated after each purchase. They promise the world, but each time, junk. Well, hope spring eternal and I have a short memory. By luck, I found this unit when I did one last Google search looking for the clearest sounding Bluetooth headset. Compared to this Zelher P15 unit, every one of those units I just mentioned is garbage.

I'll make the rest of my review simple. This P15 unit is fantastic! Everyone can hear me clearly with very little background noise. I can hear everyone speaking to me clearly without any issue. I actually have to lower the volume at times, Wow! This unit beats, by far, every wired or wireless headset that I have ever used. I currently own a Droid X phone with Verizon as my provider and for the last two weeks, I have been extraordinarily happy. Thank you to all of you truck drivers out there who recommended this unit, you guys know what you're talking about.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked well, good sound quality, until on/off button broke, December 31, 2013
I initially rated this headset with five stars, but that was after only one month. After a few weeks more the on off button broke -it actually got stuck and no longer functions. For this reason I am sending back the headset.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother..., October 25, 2012
Worked well until, as many have pointed out here......it stops being able to take a charge, thereby rendering it useless.
Constant pugging in & out of the charger eventually breaks the connention in the unit.
The charger still works, I just need something that it will work with!

Rate and Discover Movies