4.0 out of 5 stars cute distraction -- I do enjoy it
I haven't found any problems with this application; and it works nicely. It should be fun to take tis out instead of a coin next time I need a coin toss.
Published 19 months ago by S. Haslett

2.0 out of 5 stars ... $2.99?
Published 19 months ago by M.V.

2.0 out of 5 stars ... $2.99?, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
I feel utterly perplexed when I try to figure out who would pay $2.99 for this app when for $2.98 less you could have an actual coin to flip. Sure, it might not be a Canadian dollar or a British pound, but it will serve the purpose of which this app is claiming to be aimed at serving. If you're looking for an app to show off to your friend because of its 'cool features,' I hardly think this is the one to do that. For the $2.99, you'd think they'd have every coin in the world, but they don't. There's a 'cheating' feature, but I feel like even that defeats the only purpose of the app.

Even as a free app, I'm tempted to delete it out of shear annoyance that every currency is a separate download. And half of the currencies don't even fit the 'heads or tails' criteria. Be prepared to play the alternative and less fun 'crest or giant number. '

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh my!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
What is the point of this game? It says you can have different coins but when you say you want another one it says that the other coins can't be found. Plus I got this app on the only day it is free. Who would pay $3 to flip a coin?...virtually? I am deleting this app from my device after I'm done writing this review.

1.0 out of 5 stars Flip ya for it!, June 11, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
Extremely simple coin flip app. Ten different coins to choose from. You can not change the speed of the coin but, can turn sound and vibration features on or off. You can even set the odds in your favor. Next best thing to having a coin in your pocket However, it is certainly not worth $.99 let alone a price of $2.99.

2.0 out of 5 stars "Theres an app for that!!", June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
$2.99 for a coin flipping app? You can flip a real one for less and you don't even have to spend it!

1.0 out of 5 stars No point, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
I really don't see the point in this app. I would never trust this if someone was using it to decide something since it has a cheat feature. "Let's flip to see who picks up the tab for lunch..." I never flip a coin to decide something on my own. The FAOTD only includes the American coin. The option to get the alternate coins has been disabled. Would have been nice to at least see the other coins. Would never pay $2.99 for this , but someone might be okay paying $.99 if it included all the coins.

1.0 out of 5 stars Glad it was free, June 12, 2013
Matt Wills (St. Albans, Vermont) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
One of the more frivolous, unnecessary items I have ever encountered. I don't know which deserves more pity: the person who prices it at twice or three times what we pay for something that's actually useful, or the person who paid for it. It's not even all that smooth.

Cheat? Think about that for the briefest of moments. Doesn't one person call it while the other flips? How would you know which side to favor, far enough in advance that you're not seen fiddling about? Cheat against whom? Yourself? Bad decisions are made easily enough without launching an app to do it for you.

Someone who is physically incapable of flipping a coin might find this worth having, but only if it was always free.

3.0 out of 5 stars why $2.99? Price Drop to $0.99, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
**Update** They dropped the price by $2 to just $0.99 That's definitely good, but my main issues of it being overpriced is less but not gone, I feel that for what it is it is still at minimum $0.50 too expensive... but hey the price drop did warrant a 1 star increase in rating...

First it is exactly what it says... A coin toss.. (the only reason it got 2 stars not 1) You have to download other coin styles in-app, so natively this app is pretty light... It does have some features like the ability to adjust probability, but in reality if you are actually trying to flip a coin that's cheating...

My biggest complaint is the cost, $2.99? Seriously?

Glad I did a test drive before buying, for $2.99 I expect way more than what should be a .25 cent app even without ads.

Skip this one if you just really want a coin toss app.. Get an ad free for under a buck or use a free one with ads...

Skip this one though....

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless, Overpriced, Junk., June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
How else can I describe an app like this? Yes, I picked up this app during the faotd and I STILL feel ripped off! I can't imagine anyone ever paying anything at all for this app, not to mention the $2.99 regular price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fail to see the need, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
Save yourself $2.98 and just use a coin. Plus the real coin has better 3D effects, sound effects, and doesn't drain your battery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Almost got me killed!, June 12, 2013
This review is from: Heads or Tails Ad-Free (App)
I don't carry change. When you're on the move and need to be quiet, the last thing you need is a pocket full of change rattling around.

I downloaded this app on a lark because I could fix the outcome. Thought I could take advantage of a couple of suckers down at the bar. Next thing I know, I'm in a dark alley, staring down the business end of a Desert Eagle 44. Not the first time that's happened, not in my line of business anyway, but it's something you never get used to.

The guy on the other end of the piece didn't look like he was in a good mood. I'm guessing he was having a bad day. Not as bad as mine, of course, but people in good moods don't stick Desert Eagles in other peoples' faces.

He tells me "You flip a coin and live or die." Perfect! I have no coins, but I have this app on my phone, and it's set to come up tails 99 times out of 100. I tell him I don't have a coin, but I have this app on my phone, and says "Good enough."

With the app fired up and ready to go, I get my next surprise when he says "Heads you live, tails you die." Nerts! So much for even a 50/50 shot. Without removing my gaze from his, I held the screen away from my face and tapped it, just waiting to hear the coin hit the table, and feel the hot lead scramble my brains.

When the coin settled, the man laughed and took my phone, and crunched it into an unrecognizable mass under his enormous booted foot. He laughed even louder, slapped me hard on the back, and said "You are lucky today my friend, but one day you won't be." With that, he lowered his piece and walked away.

I'll never know if I beat 100:1 odds, or if he was just looking to give someone a day they'd never forget. Doesn't matter because my brains aren't scrambled. The next day I got a new phone and saw this app, ready to be downloaded. "Not today" I told myself. A guy doesn't get that lucky twice in his life.

Heads or Tails Ad-Free