5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes! Great Buy!
I bought these shoes on short notice for a wedding that I was going to be in. I bought these shoes a .5 size bigger than I normally would so that I could get them in sooner. However they fit great still.

Published on June 28, 2011 by T. Deblieux

1.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Mind
Published on March 9, 2011 by Donald S. Rogers

1.0 out of 5 stars Changed My Mind, March 9, 2011
This review is from: Zengara Men's Z30028 Oxford Tuxedo Shoes (Apparel)
I purchased these shoes for a New Years party. When they arrived they seemed fine. They were comfortable and had minimal odor. I only wore them the one evening. Jump ahead 2 and 1/2 months and we notice a foul odor in our house. It turns out to be the shoes, they are giving off an unbelievably strong foul odor. They are now living in the garage awaiting a trip to the dump. I would like to take this time to apologize, ahead of time, to the dump for placing such a foul odor at the dump.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stinky shoes weren't worth the money, January 9, 2007
I bought and received beautiful, STINKY shoes! They smell to the point that the first time I wore them, my date commented that there must be a refinery in the area because of the strong smell. Despite their beautiful looks, they are stinky to the point that they are unwearable. I plan to give them to a charity I don't normally give to, and hopefully a less fortunate person with no sense of smell will like them. Terrible!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes! Great Buy!, June 28, 2011

They did have a strong rubber smell out of the box, but it wasn't overwhelming and I definitely didn't notice them while I was wearing them. Really, I could only tell the smell when I brought it close to my nose. They look great and are nice and shiny. Shoes strings perhaps a little long, but not bad.

The shoes were very comfortable. I was on my feet throughout the wedding and for dancing after the wedding. I had no rubbing and it did not cut into my ankle. I would most definitely buy another pair of these if I needed them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Smelly shoes, January 7, 2009
M. D. Medlock (Alexandria, VA, USA) - See all my reviews
Good: The shoes have a good tough, patent leather finish. Price is reasonable.
Bad: They have a strong rubber smell. They still smell after a month. The medium size is more like a size D or E. They are big.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value. A bit stiff. But okay, looks nice., November 24, 2009
Jack S Beck (Along the Coast, USA) - See all my reviews
Pro:
- Looks very nice - just like the picture.
- Good Value/Price. (As long as it's under 50. Mine was in the 40s. 30-ish would be even sweeter)

Con:
A bit stiff. (Read below)
Some smell (Read below)

Recommend?

I bought this shoe for a wedding. It was hard to find a good looking, black, patent-leather shoe for under $50. I was looking to spend between 30 to 50 US Dollars. I got it in the 40s. Overall a good value. The most important aspect for me was that it look good. It does. It got a little cracked in the front from wearing, so not as nice as when I first put it on, but I think that's probably normal. But, I don't know because this is my first patent leather shoes.

When I first took them out of the box they stunk really, really bad. I got these at the same time as another Zengara shoe which also smelled bad. Fortunately, the bad smell from these went quickly away. The other ones (a brown Z30150 Oxford) were really bad in smell and had to return them. The only other issue was that the sides rubbed along the bone on the outer side of my feet. Luckily I tried them on before the wedding. To alleviate this potential problem, I put a 'band-aid' on my feet where the shoe rubbed. It was fine. (Would have been a big problem otherwise.) Aside from that, good shoes. Good value. Look good.

3.0 out of 5 stars What's up with the toxic smell?, March 10, 2012
This review is from: Zengara Men's Z30028 Oxford Tuxedo Shoes (Apparel)
I have had three pair of these shoes. I love the way the fit my feet and their stylish look. The sole on my last pair did wear out a little faster than I would have excpected or liked, but for the price I thought it was a good enough value to pick up another pair. In Nordstrom Rack I came accross two pair of the black in my size so I decided to get them both.
I noticed the smell a little in the store but figured it was just that "new shoe" smell. It wasn't! I wore one pair for almost two weeks before I decided the smell was not going to fade. I put them outside for another week, then my wife put one pair in a box with a baking soda for a couple more weeks.
The whole master suite of our house stinks like a petroleum refinery because I had these two pair in our closet. These are my favorite shoes, so I decided to invest a little and send them to a disaster recovery service. If they can remove odor from all household items after fires and sewer back-up's they should be able to help my brand new shoes, right? Nope. After appologizing for not being able to help, and swearing they have never failed before, they gave me their diagnosis that the soles are just made of bad material.
I've seen reviews mentioning the toxic smell dating back to 2007. Having owned five pair now, three with no smell at all, it just doesn't make sense. Poor quality control. Really too bad. They produce an otherwise excellent product.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's the BAG that stinks!, June 28, 2012
Many people were saying the shoes stink - we went ahead and ordered because of the good price and the look my son wanted for prom.
We did get hit with a smell when we opened the box - but soon figured out it is the bag - so get rid of that bag the shoes come in and I think you will be fine. The shoes are comfortable and look awesome!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoes. Great Price., May 10, 2012
This review is from: Zengara Men's Z30028 Oxford Tuxedo Shoes (Apparel)
I was worried about ordering these because of the bad reviews...mostly because of the shoes having a bad odor. My son had 2 Proms to go to so we eneded up having to purchase a tuxedo at a famous Prom rental chain since it was cheaper than renting the tux twice but they wanted $60 for a new pair of tuxedo shoes and $40 for a used pair. I was determined to do better - thank you Amazon and thank you Zengara for selling great shoes at a great price! These arrived without the bad smell others mentioned - I guess we were lucky. The shoes ran true to size and were very comfortable. My son wore these twice and they still look brand new.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, very reaonable price, April 2, 2012
I purchased these shoes to wear with my tux at a wedding. After reading the reports of the shoes smelling bad, I made sure to leave them out in the fresh air for a week before the wedding. I wore these shoes for about six hours. I found them comfortable and good looking. The price was a fraction of what other shoes cost, and served the purpose and looked as good as more expensive shoes. I don't think it is worthwhile to spend a lot for an item that will be worn very infrequently. I do recommend these shoes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good shoes for a tux on a budget, January 17, 2012
I was impressed that they shoes cam in individual soft bags to keep the shine from getting scuffed in the box. They are nice looking shoes for a tux. They are basic shoes without any special comfort features but I wasn't expecting any for this price. I managed to wear them from 7pm to 3am on new years without issues though. Unless you plan to wear them all day long on many occasions you can't go wrong with these.

Zengara Men's Z30028 Oxford Tuxedo Shoes