Chevron ribbing, when aligned with the middle-front of your shin, reduces risk of shin splints and associated pain.
- XS/S: Calf size (circumference) 9.5-to-12.5 inches
- S/M: Calf size 12.5-to-15 inches
- L/XL: Calf size 15 inches and up
Graduated compression features the greatest amount of compression in the part of the garment farthest away from the heart, and the least amount compression in the part closest to the heart (for example, socks have more compression in the ankle and less in the calf). With graduated compression, veins' cross sectional area is decreased and a pressure gradient is created, which leads to physiological benefits including:
- Enhanced blood circulation as a result of improved venous return
- Deoxygenated blood goes back to the heart faster, which in turn helps improve blood flow of oxygen-rich blood back to the body
- Faster recovery following strenuous exercise and improved performance, by aiding in the removal of blood lactate
- Reduced blood lactate concentration during maximal exercise bouts, allowing for an increased lactic threshold for improved performance
- Enhanced warm-up via increases in skin temperature
- Reduced muscle oscillation and vibration upon ground contact, providing stability to the muscle to help prevent micro-trauma, making for a faster and easier recovery
- Reduced effects of delayed onset muscle soreness in the days following strenuous exercise through alleviating swelling and inflammation
- Increased muscle support, which increases performance through improved muscle efficiency
- Improved leg power and vertical jump through enhanced proprioception
Based on the Italian word "senza," meaning "to be without," Zensah was created to help athletes at all levels improve their performance by utilizing unique, seamless sportswear designed to enhance performance and speed recovery. The company's innovative seamless design consists of a breathable, moisture-wicking fabric that draws sweat away from the body, allowing the garment and athlete to stay cool, dry, and light.
Zensah uses a special seamless knitting process for a fabric that is soft, breathlable and wicks moisture. An anti-microbial treatment keeps odors at bay.
The Shin Splint/Calf Compression Sleeve are also valuable recovery aids since the more oxygen the muscles receive, the faster they recovery allowing athletes to push the envelope in their training. The Zensah Calf/Shin sleeve is ideal for runners, cyclists and triathletes.
Sold in single units. Purchase two if you require a pair.
Compression Leg Sleeves Sizing
When choosing a size, calf size should be used as the primary determinant. Measure the calf at the widest point. We list height for those who do not know their calf size. If between two sizes, recommend sizing down.
Size XS = Calf size 9.5" - 12.5"
Size S/M = Calf size 12.5" - 15"
Size L/XL = Calf size 15
Made in USA.