4.0 out of 5 stars Allowing the Full Season to Play ...
Published 17 months ago by J. P. Heuvelhorst

3.0 out of 5 stars ...Goose could use Maverick right about now...
Published 21 months ago by H. Bala

4.0 out of 5 stars Allowing the Full Season to Play ..., June 30, 2013
For those confused ... Zero Hour was a mid-season replacement on ABC. After 3 episodes, they "cancelled" it. But because it was a mid-season show all 13 episodes were filmed and ready to air. ABC decided after the cancellation that instead of disposing of the show entirely that it would use the remaining episodes for a summer Saturday night run - which it is in the process of doing - concluding in August. Please note, the show has been cancelled - but ABC decided to let the story be told in full rather than leave it untold. So if you enjoy it, enjoy it now, it will be off the air soon, and no second season is planned.

3.0 out of 5 stars ...Goose could use Maverick right about now..., February 15, 2013
H. Bala "Me Too Can Read" (Recently moved back to Carson, California, or as I call it... the center of the universe) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
To quote Keanu: "Whoa!" What just happened? I just saw the first episode of ZERO HOUR, and I feel like someone just gave me a brain wedgie or that I just got audited. Anthony Edwards makes his (what should've been) triumphant return to televisionland, and I was prepared to whoop and holler because I find the guy so damn sincere and likable. He plays Brooklynite Hank Galliston, editor of Modern Skeptic magazine. Hank is a journalist who prefers facts over sensationalism, much to the chagrin of his two young reporters (they'd rather write about werewolves and skunk apes). Hank Galliston is a man still very much in love with his wife, Leila (Jacinda Barrett), she who runs a clock repair shop. Her sudden abduction by an international terr0rist provides the plot's impetus.

ZERO HOUR rapidly constructs a dense mythology, and perhaps it's too dense too soon. And you should know that the rest of this paragraph isn't SPOILER free. The tangled narrative ropes in Nazis (and then frozen Nazis), a possibly satanic baby with creepy milky eyes, a religious secret society preparing for the impending apocalypse, a map captured in a tiny gem, and a mysterious tarp-covered artifact that had better not be the Ark of the Covenant.

I'm worried about this show; I'm not sure it knows its identity. I don't know if it can follow thru on its ambitions. This first episode, "Strike," comes off as bizarre and impenetrable and confusing. The good news is that it IS just the first episode. Hopefully, further episodes will take a more coherent approach.

On the plus side, I liked the sense of urgency and the sense of scope. Dire circumstances compel our characters to embark on globe-trotting excursions, and their journeys open up the narrative even more and reinforce that theme of epic adventure. So far, the supporting cast fail to make an impression, but I'm very willing to let them grow on me. It's early yet, and I get the sense it'll take some serious committment to sit thru the unfolding of this riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, encased in a tortilla. Anthony Edwards, for his part, retains his immense likability and he's talented enough to make any bit of dialogue sound convincing. I think it's an inspired bit of countercasting, having this unassuming-looking guy play the puzzle-solving action hero. I'm hanging my hat on further episodes, my fingers wistfully crossed for a measure of clarity and a sure sign that the show has found its pulse. It's just no good when a guy has to quote from Keanu.

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a real time twister., March 10, 2013
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
I really liked this show but apparently people just didn't get it so ABC cancelled it. Maybe SyFy will pick it up, we need more intelligent TV series like Zero Hour.

5.0 out of 5 stars On edge of your seat...., August 13, 2013
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
This is one of a very few series that leaves you wanting more.

The use of the 'cliff hanger' on every episode is awesome.

Its like a 'National Treasure' meets the 'X Files'.

You wont regret watching it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great show, August 9, 2013
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
This is a great show, I can't imagine why ABC cancelled it. The problem was they put it on at totally the wrong time. It is a 10pm show, not an 8pm show like they tried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zero Hour, October 9, 2013
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
Great show, wish there were more. Raiders of the Lost Ark combined with Conspiracy Theory. What a clever show it was.

5.0 out of 5 stars Critics in I m d b are ripping this show apart., February 18, 2013
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
This was an interesting show. It made me feel like I did when I watched x files. It's not configuring. If it is to some, it is the first episode. You don't read the first chapter of a book and stop because you can't understand what is going in. You simply read on. There are some interesting questions I get from the first episode. Like how we're the guys that were there to save the world picked? I hope is show stays on. I'm not sure how the network it is on is about keeping shows in. All I can say is give it a chance. Don't ing to much about it. Within a few episodes, I have a feeling those who like it are going to be so excited and interested to continue the story. Cool show to watch while tucked in at night.

5.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE, February 3, 2014
Please bring this out on DVD I will buy it immediately...I fell in love with this show n they killed it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Good series, January 17, 2014
Stu Redman (Lubbock, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zero Hour Season 1 (Amazon Instant Video)
The Amazon title says "Zero Hour Season 1". I wish there was going to be a Season 2. This was a good program that we enjoyed. Unfortunately I guess not enough people were trying to find their future spouse on it, or were singing for a career on it, or were surviving on an island on it. The people have spoken and they don't want cerebral programs.

I use Amazon for most of my purchases and update my reviews if anything changes with the products. I do this so other Amazon users can get a real feel for the life of the product. You can look at my review which will be close to my purchase date and tell how the product is doing as time passes. I am not associated with any company and all opinions are my very own.

5.0 out of 5 stars I need this on dvd pls, December 30, 2013
Severina Snape "Jedira" (Webster, Ma United States) - See all my reviews
I am hoping for this to come out on dvd set. so I can buy. No way I would buy video online and I am deaf. I required closed caption. thanks.