Zero Tolerance Tactical Response Knife
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Ambidextrous Opening, Locking Liner, Thumb Stud
- Steel: 154CM stainless-steel with Tungsten DLC coating
- Handle: 3D machined, G-10 in matte black
- Blade Length: 3 7/8 in. (9.8 cm); Closed Length: 5 1/4 in. (13.3 cm); Weight: 7.7 oz
- This item is not for sale in some specific zip codes
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Considering the relatively low price tag compared to the rest of the ZT line-up, and the renowned quality that you get with ZT knives, I would say that the ZT0200 is one of the best-valued knives you're going to find on the market today. There's just so much to like about it. I'll do a pros/cons rundown below (this review will be a bit lengthy, but I like to be thorough when it comes to product reviews).
[+] It has a FLIPPER! Definitely my favorite way of opening knives, since it uses the least amount of motion and repositioning to open a knife from tip-down pocket carry. The angled flipper on the ZT0200 is easily accessed with either hand, and protrudes just enough to flip open with gloved or gloveless hands, without getting in the way or snagging on things while it's closed.
[+] 4" blade (one of the few flippers on the market with a 4" blade) For me, the larger the blade, the better.
[+] Durable Tungsten DLC coating (non-reflective, and the coating doesn't wear even with heavy usage)
[+] A beautifully designed drop point blade with a nice recurved belly for easy slicing. I think drop points are perfect for a wide variety of tasks, from skinning to chopping, and when the occasion dictates, it can stab without a significant risk of breaking the tip of the blade. On the ZT0200, a swedge along the top also allows the blade to easily travel through tough mediums when stabbing.
[+] 154CM blade material (a nice balance between edge retention and ease of sharpening). I feel that the often-used S30V is too cumbersome to sharpen properly in a pinch out in the field, while medium-grade steels like AUS8 have noticeably less wear resistance.Read more ›
* Blade: Hard and thick blade that can withstand the extreme combat environment.
* Handle: Ergonomically designed with scales for good friction. Although the knife is very big, it fits perfectly in my small hand.
* Sharpness: Despite the thickness, you can shave with it. Only issue is that sharpening the curved up part of the blade. Fixed angle knife sharpener can't easily reach the edge.
* Belt clip: Not pretty but functional and can be re-positioned for left handed person and for tip up/tip down carry.
*Lock: Very very solid with absolutely no blade play.
* Opening: After a little practice, it can easily be opened with a flicker of your thumb. Or if you prefer, you can use its index finger flipper to open it very easily.
*Pivot screw: This is the biggest drawback. You need a small crescent wrench to adjust the tightness.
* Customer Service: Yes, you can rely on Kershaw for repair and sharpness. Kershaw is the only company that I trust when it comes to knife sharpening and repair. I have many different types of tactical knives and this knife comes to the top because its quality and the company's relatively outstanding customer support.
All in all, this is a combat ready knife.
Now on to the product itself. Two words: ZERO TOLERANCE. This is what kerahaw has chosen to name this line of knives, and when you hold and use this knife you know just why. Their quality control has zero tolerance for error, there is zero blade play on lock up and the knife is built like a tank from the handle to the thickness and strength of the blade. Kershaws line of Zero Tolerance knives all have limited lifetime warranties and are backed by some of the best customer service in the business. I don't mind one bit paying a premium for a premium knife with the a kick butt warranty and some of the best customer service in the planet. Anytime you have a problem, just send it to them, they will fix whatever is wrong and if your knife isn't sharp, they will sharpen it for free! All you have to do is send it in! Free maintenance for life. What more could you ask for.
Uses 154CM steel, comparable to s30v, sometimes it even outperforms. Great edge retention, good flexibility aka not too brittle. Like I said this thing is a tank, you can hack, cut, batton, slice, dice, all of the above. It is a breeze to sharpen yourself with the right tools and a bit of patience, but pays off with a hair whittling mirror edge that cuts phone book paper with ease.
While of course the knife is big, it is meant to be. It is classified as a military/combat folder, not a envelope opener you keep tucked in your underwear... It's meant to be used and abused and as long as you keep that in mind you will LOVE this knife.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I was really expecting more from a knife that cost 140.00. The pocket clip was so tight I couldn't even think about putting it in my pocket, I tried to take it off to take some of... Read morePublished 2 months ago by GARY W. HOLMES
Zero Tolerance has discontinued this venerable knife, and I have to wonder if they're coasting a little with it toward the end. Read morePublished 2 months ago by depscribe
What an awesome knife! I've wanted this for several years and now I finally own it. It's everything I thought it would be and more!Published 2 months ago by Nicholas Mitri
Absolutely fantastic. Can't believe it went discontinued. Be careful though, when it's closed, if you press your finger along the handles, you can catch the tip and it is EXTREMELY... Read morePublished 9 months ago by Austin Elliott