on November 16, 2012
Have bought at least 6 of these system jackets for my sons since they were small. Worried what they would switch to as they outgrew boys sizes. These!!!

They use them for school as well as skiing and skating, start with just the light fleece shell in October. Wear really well too, and my kids are active! With the two jackets, they actually keep them on and zip them, as they can pick the right jacket for the temperature.
Zippers still work after a couple years (including hand me downs) only had to make one minor repair to an mp3 cord player loop/keeper.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 4, 2013
I bought this jacket and knew it had a inside layer, guess I didnt read the details properly or missed that the inside jacket is reversible from a fleece to a nylon feeling side. All in all its a great looking jacket (the outer shell and inner one). I cant review its warmth as I had to return it as the x-large ran to small in the hips for my guy.
on March 3, 2013
I purchased this coat about a month ago and have found it to be a very good coat. I have worn it when the temp was in the teens with strong winds and felt very warm and comfortable. The outer shell deflects wind very well and the inner removable liner is very warm and comfortable. I have no regrets.
on December 9, 2013
The Outer Jacket:
CONSTRUCTION:
-Basically a thin polyester shell with a thin inner lining. There is no insulation fill - which could be good or bad depending on how you want to use it. However, because of the many pockets, there are lots of spots in the front there is more than 2 layers of lining between you and the shell
- The cuffs have a Velcro closer like most jackets, in addition the cuffs are elastic around the back which are supposed to help cinch to your wrists.
-There is a bungee line around the bottom of the jacket for closure, with 2 pulls on either side of the jacket at the bottom like most jackets.
- There is a pretty beefy zipper, with a storm flap on top of it which closes with Velcro. there is one snap at the top and another at the bottom of the zipper.
-The collar of the jacket is much thicker than the rest of it. It uses a fluffier fleece and seems like it might have a little bit of insulation fill.
-Behind the collar, is a removable hood. The hood is lined with a fluffy fleece (nice touch)
-2 zippers on either side and 3 snaps hold the liner in place, one at the neck and 2 at each wrist
POCKETS: (total 7)
2 hand pockets with storm flaps (pull up to close)(regular zippers)
2 chest pockets and 1 left arm pocket (pull up to close)(zippers with a water resistant shell that kinda closes around the zipper when its closed, often seen on snowboarding jackets, except that this isn't as rubbery as most)
1 inner left open pouch with no closure measuring approx. 9' x 9.5" (opening facing up)
1 inner right pocket 6" x 5" with a portion of the opening closed by velcro (opening facing out)
Misc Notes: I thought the selves were a little short for a large jacket, also the neck is just a little tight. Usually the water proofing on these budget winter jackets suck, but this one doesn't seem to bad - water beaded up pretty nicely. water will still come through the seems, and after a few washes expect water proof coating to disappear.

The Liner:
-one side has a hard (as in not stretchy) thin polyester peice of fabric covers the liner (this makes putting the jacket on easy!(if you wear this side on the inside) as it slides better than fleece)
-The other side typical fleece, soft and fluffy
-There does definitely seem (i can see some coming out at the seams) to be a synthetic insulation fill in this, its significantly warmer than a comparable fleece with no fill.
-no cinches or elastic anywhere
POCKETS: (total 5)
2 hand pockets on each side
1 left chest pocket on the fleece side with the same water resistant type zipper as the jacket chest pockets.

all zippers are fully metal

Bottom line: this is a very warm and versitile jacket for the price.
Recommended uses: Casual winter wearing, in mild to somewhat hard weather, mild winter adventuring, a one or two time snowboard/ski excursion.
This really is not a replacement for the features you would find on a ski/snowboard jacket (like a power skirt, or an over sized hood for a helmet, or a DWR coating, taped seams, or under arm vents) but considering its atleast half the price of a jacket like that, it might be as close as your going to get for the price.
on December 7, 2013
I saw other reviewers mention that it ran small, so I ordered it in extra large. I normally where a large, but this extra large is just barely big enough. I probably would have been better off with a XX-Large.

The jacket seems well made, and has plenty of pockets. The liner works great as a light weight jacket, but the soft side is very staticy and the other side is a bit noisy. The liner is reversible when worn alone, but only goes in the jacket one way due to the way the zippers connect.

Over all I think it a great jacket, and maybe a bit to heavy for the climate I live in.
on January 16, 2013
Living in New England, you need to be prepared for any kind of weather in a moment's notice. This Jacket does just that. You can add a layer or take off a layer as needed.
on December 31, 2012
I bought this for my brother, who is moving from Hawaii to Washington so he needs something warm. This jacket is amazing. Its so heavy and warm. The best thing about it is that it's like 3 jackets in one. So, it's great for all types of weather. now only if they had this for women, I would be getting one :)
on December 11, 2012
Bought for my teenager. He loves the look & warmth of the jacket. Liner is nice--can be worn separately on warmer days. Great purchase. Would recommend to anyone.
on December 10, 2012
It is the best "jacket system" for the money out there; extremely well made and stylish, and you can wear it three ways depending on your climate. It's very cozy and warm. My wholehearted "thumbs up."
on December 26, 2012
This coat is the cheapest, low quality coat I have ever purchased. No double stitching to be found anywhere. The liner ripped the first time I put it on. 👎

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations