4.0 out of 5 stars Good; Needs Clearer Instructions
Published 10 months ago by V. A. Beaver

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't work on a MAC?
Published 15 months ago by Henson777

4.0 out of 5 stars Good; Needs Clearer Instructions, September 27, 2013
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
If the instructions had been clearer, I'd have rated it a five. However, they're not. In order to do a lot of the set-up, you really need to have the thing hooked to your computer. It took me seemingly forever to figure out what I needed to do to set it up so that it'd catch motion to record my cats day and night. Even once you have the right software on your computer, it's not particularly intuitive.

That said, the sucker works! I wish it held its charge better between uses, but overall, it did exactly what I needed it to. We have four cats. One started peeing outside the box. No matter how hard I tried, I could never catch any of them in the act. Knowing that could mean a health issue (and getting seriously ticked off about cleaning up pee four times a day), I needed to know who it was. This spy cam was the most affordable and the most appropriate to my needs.

-It doesn't need to be hooked up to a computer to capture images.
-It works on an internal, rechargeable battery OR plugged into a wall.
-It has a motion sensor (so it doesn't needlessly drain the battery recording a blank wall)
-It has a night mode for low-light environments (like small areas being lit by a night light)
-It has a long enough charge time to record for hours.
-It's small, so easily concealed (my cats are typical cats: insatiably curious, so this was a MUST).

I finally caught the cat in question and was able to get her to the vet to figure out what was going on. She had multiple medical issues. Now I use it when I expect unsupervised visitors to our apartment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little camera!, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
I got this to try and catch the person who was coming into our office while we weren't there. I am not a technology person but this was very easy to set up - download the widget and choose the settings then turn the camera on and place it where you want it. I used the motion detection mode and it picked up quite a bit, like when cars would go by in the parking lot and the headlights would sweep the room. The image was clear provided there was enough light. To view the recordings just connect to your computer with the USB. You will need a memory card for it though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only had this thing for a few days and it has already paid off, March 28, 2014
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
We recently hired a nanny. On a whim I decided to set this up in our home office where she shouldn't be since the rest of the house is for our baby except for the home office. Found her snooping around in all of our drawers. Needless we are firing her.

I'm going to pick up a few more of these and set them up all around the house. They are so small you can't even tell they are a camera. They look sort of like an old cell phone battery.

5.0 out of 5 stars very easy to configure and works very well, February 5, 2014
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
For all of those that are hardware impaired like me, and who do not want to try to interprete a lot of badly translated instructions, this device is for you. This thing is great! All you have to do is download the widget, plug it into your computer via the usb cable that they supply, and you're in business. You configure it in a lot of differnt setting. Vibration, motion dectector. You can configure it to go on when the car starts and off when the car stops, or you can do the opposite and configure it to go on when the car stops and off when it starts. YOu do all those things in custom mode. there's also on the go mode and some other mode I can't remember. I don't know what on the go mode means.
The picure quality is very good, if you ask me. I have it on the lowest resolution and it looks good. I don't think the angle is very wide though.
The guide that comes with it is in english as in real english not some horrible translation. The site has a lot of information including the guide, videos taken by the device, FAQ, a support phone number and a email address. They're not hiding and let you know that there is no overseas office so you have to call the hong kong number or email them.
I'm very glad I purchased this. I haven't used it but I've tested it. I have it set up for motion detection. when you turn on the device it starts to record for 10 seconds, then it stops. When it detects motion it starts and you can set it to record for 10, 15 or 30? minutes. after that time if there is no more motion it stops recording. You can set the sensitivity for motion detection and vibration trigger or voice trigger. it has a time date stamp and too. There's a firmware update for use on a MAC i think. Its 1.1.14 on their site. It plays on windows media player and comes with a wall adapter, a car charger, mini usb to usb cable. I love this thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed!, January 27, 2014
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
This is definitly what I was looking for. Most cameras I've found were too big, too expensive, and/or couldn't store memory. I've tried "spy pens" and was sorely disappointed. This little guy here is incredible! It is almost as big as a credit card, but side with the camera lens is only 1.7 x 0.8 inches, so it's easy to hide in various places. The instructions were easy to follow. Mine came with a charger cord for the wall and the car and a USB cord for the PC. To set it up I simply had to connect the camcorder to my PC, download the widget from the website, choose my settings, and press a button to sync everything. I'm literally shocked that I haven't had any issues with it so far. I did a few test runs to see how large the camera angle is and how well it adjusts to light changes. Again, I couldn't be more impressed. You can set it up to start recording when it senses motion, voice, or vibration (or all three). It also has a night/day mode, or you can have it adjust to changes automatically (which, like I said, worked rather well). You can even set it to record right-side-up or upside-down! These are just a few of the main features that I found really useful. I don't intend to use it in the car, so I don't know how well that part works. The video quality is decent for surveillance and you can adjust the quality to save space. It also has audio.

Pros:
-Very small and discrete, not obvious that this is a camera just by looking at it
-VERY simple and easy set up!!
-Decent video/audio quality
-Numerous recording options to choose from

Cons:
None so far!

I would definitely recommend this to others! Might even pick up another one if the price stays right!

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works, October 9, 2013
Cornytheclown (sitting at my desk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
Gave it 5 stars because it reached my expectations. I want a camera that records video in a motion detecting mode so I can capture some of the 4 legged varmits around the back porch at night for curiosity and because I want to record a 2 legged bandit that steals my lawn mower gas and also steals from us when he is over here visiting. Its a relative I know steals from us, he knows we know..... Id just like to present him with some photographic evidence. (screengrabs).

Video quality is not great and Im not sure how it will work in very low light conditions but Im only interested in it working in sorta lit conditions to well lit conditions.

Motion detecting works.

Documentation is poor but there are enough resources on the net and the camera is simple enough for folks to fiqure it out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't work on a MAC?, April 9, 2013
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
The seller failed to mention that this camera needs a windows based PC as an operating requirement. With all the iPhones and MAC owners it seems like a given to mention it is not set up to work on a MAC. They sent me some links to do something to help, but they did not work. They should have just said you need a PC, and I would have just skipped ordering in the first place. Now I need to return it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it suppose to do but video quality is below expectations, May 15, 2013
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
Camcorder works, which is not given for this type of stuff. Quite pricy at $100 and the video quality is far from great, blue lines go across screen, especially noticeable at lower light settings.
It doesn't look like a camcorder though and allows inconspicuously place it on the dashboard, so have its uses...
If you want good quality video look somewhere else.

5.0 out of 5 stars SETTINGS, April 18, 2014
This review is from: Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder (Electronics)
I have tried multiple settings and tested over several days. Shadows and noises will trigger the motion detector and burn up your battery resources fairly quickly with no useful video.

I found that by turning off the vibration and audio detection then setting at low quality and low fpm that the video was still excellent and was fairly consistent with what triggers the recording. The camera still records audio when it is recording video. I can get about 90 minutes of recordings over an 8 hour period on a battery recharge. Still, you have to be careful about sunlight changes or reflections from vehicles or clouds outside a building that will cause it to record.

1.0 out of 5 stars Features seem great, April 16, 2014
1) Better built than expected
2) User friendly
3) Video quality POOR. - a whole lot of noise manifest as horizontal lines. Tried changing night/day, frames, indoor lighting 50/60Hz.
4) Compact
5) Decent field of view
6) Decent low light
3b) video quality NOT acceptable

Updated.
I have been trying different setting and lighting condition to no avail... Video quality is lousy. I am going to see about returning...

Zetta Z12 Intelligent Security Camcorder