5.0 out of 5 stars It worked
I have bitten my nails for 28 years. Have made many attempts to quit but have been unsuccessful. I bite them subconciously, I dont even realize Im doing it. I quit biting 2 months ago with this products help. It tastes horrible. Every time I went to bite them, the taste made me aware of what I was doing so I was able to stop myself when Id start.
Published on December 2, 2010 by Angel

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work
My son could have cared less that this was on his nails. It didn't deter him from biting at all
Published 12 months ago by Lindsey Ginder

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked, December 2, 2010
This review is from: Zeva No Bite - Stop Nail Biting Formula - Nail Treatment Polish - .5 Fl Oz / 15 Ml. (Includes a Special Zeva Buffing File to Smooth Nails and Significantly Reduce the Urge to Bite) Made in USA (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what we were hoping for, January 12, 2013
My daughter (age 6) continuously puts her hands in her mouth and bites her nails while she's at school. As a result, she is always getting sick. We explained to her the risks of it, but she doesn't realize she is doing it. I was looking for a product to help her recognize when she is putting her hands in her mouth, without triggering her gag reflex or getting foul-tasting cream all over her food when she eats. This nail polish is exactly what we were hoping for.

Pros:
1) The taste is strong-enough to notice every time, but not so strong she is afraid or anxious about it. It lasts a few minutes in her mouth (I have been using it too), but doesn't make her feel nauseated or gag as some other products do.

2) It lasts for several days without having to reapply. We don't have to reapply every day or two, maybe every 4 or 5 days.

3) It doesn't get on her finger foods like some other products do.

4) If she rubs her eyes accidentally, it doesn't hurt her eyes or irritate them at all.

5) The ingredients as supposed to be non-toxic so when she does slip up, I don't have to worry about her ingesting something toxic.

6) So far it is working great, and she is excited about the process and the positive reinforcement she is getting.

One note: I wouldn't use this on a child younger than 5. They may think of it as punishment and may become afraid or anxious. In my humble opinion, the child should be a willing participant in the process if possible.

Finally, if you are looking for a product that will have your kid heaving in a toilet for hours, this is not it! The taste is unpleasant but not horrible. It gets on my lips whenever I touch my nails to them or accidentally lick my fingers while eating, and it's not that bad. Just enough to be a reminder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Product brings results!, March 2, 2011
I have used this product for one month and it is amazing! I have beautiful natural nails as well as healthy skin around the nails. It has always been so hard to have nice nails. I have been biting them since I was a child. This product will make you stop. It is so easy. I also bought the nail kit with the files and oil. These tools keep everything in check and I must say I am proud of my nails with only 1 month's growth. Another month they will be gorgeous! It is worth every penny for the result! Good luck!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff! (well bad tasting - but works good!), March 25, 2011
I'm 40 - I have bitten my nails all my life. This awful tasting stuff caused me to break my habbit...now only if I can stay that way! My nails look great - HOWEVER the only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is because my 6 year old still bites hers. She says it tastes awful but it's worth it!!! I told her I'm going to use skunk juice next...

4.0 out of 5 stars Discourages but doesn't STOP thumb sucking, August 6, 2011
I bought this for both our 2 year old and 4 year old who have a thumb sucking problem. I noticed both of them would wince at the taste and then mental weigh the decision to suck their thumb. Often they would remove their thumb and decide it wasn't worth it. My four year old was probably discouraged from it more than my two year old. My two year old would suck his thumb for a couple of seconds then take it out, shake his head, scratch his tongue, cry a little bit and show me his thumb and then try again. He'd do this repeatedly until he either decided it wasn't worth it or just deal with the nasty taste. As a mom it made me feel bad, but I don't know what else to try.

5.0 out of 5 stars This product really works!, June 11, 2013
I bought this nail treatment for my young daughter. She does not like the taste but it's not upsetting for her. She has finally been able to grow her fingernails out. Very glad that I chose this product. Easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zeva no bite works!, August 15, 2014
Zeva no bite works!
I bite my nails and skin around nails without realizing it. usually when I'm stressed out or at my desk at work. no matter how many times I tried to stop by the end of the week my nails would be nubs again even with polish.
I finally tried this product. it's been 1 week and only 2 incidents of attempted fingers in mouth. As soon as i put my finger in my mouth i taste this product and stop! it is pretty gross tasting. Very bitter and it lingers. But NOT as repulsive as some of the others based on those other reviews. This product doesn't have some of the harsh chemicals like others but it tastes bad enough so you will not bite your nails. the taste does get on finger foods a bit if you handle them so you have to keep that in mind. i apply over my polish and this works fine. BTW this product comes with detailed instructions for use -- although it's very easy to use. AND a "cleaning" file to prep your nails which works great. LOVE IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars My nails are finally looking good--for an adult!, August 1, 2014
I've read many reviews from parents of children, but I am an adult with a nervous habit of either nibbling on rough nails or biting them. UGH. This stuff really works. It tastes nasty, stays on thru many hand washings, and adds a very subtle sheen to my short nails. The ingredients are good, meaning non toxic.

I knocked off one star for two reasons: it does tend to thicken a bit after a while, and the price plus shipping is kind of steep. I wish I could buy it locally.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good!, October 31, 2011
I'm 21 years old and have been biting my nails for as long as I can remember. I've tried stopping many times but never succeeded. The polish included a page of directions and advice and wow, that advice has helped SO MUCH. I never realized I was biting my nails was because there of the rough edges on my nails. Following the advice Zeva gave, I have been keeping any roughness on my nails filed and smooth and I have yet to even want to bite my nails! I also love that it has no harmful chemicals, I have always worried about the chemicals they put in most nail biting polishes. They seem to truly care about their customers and although this product was a little pricey, it's so worth it. Thank you Zeva - one week no biting and I am confident this time it will stay that way!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, could be a little stronger, August 22, 2011
I bought this for my husband who is a HORRIBLE nail biter. He bites till he bleeds at times and it is painful for him to type (which sucks since he works in the IT field!). This polish works MOST of the time. It is bitter and nasty tasting, which usually keeps him from biting. I wish they had an 'extra strong' version for when he is super stressed out and bites through this! For the most part though, this item works really well and I am happy with the results. At times he actually has nails!!! And they look great!!! Only downside would be the flavor gets on anything you eat with your fingers, and dont check if your kiddo is teething! All I can say is YUCK! That is with any polish though and is acceptable for the fact that it breaks the biting nails habit.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›