5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product
I have had some of the other varieties, but had not yet tried this one until now. Let's just say that I have a new favorite chai tea!!
Published 8 months ago by Kelly

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes nothing like hazelnut
Published 3 months ago by brauny

2.0 out of 5 stars Tastes nothing like hazelnut, June 8, 2014
This review is from: Zhena's Gypsy Chai Black Tea, Hazelnut, 1.54 Oz, 22 Count (Grocery)
I was torn between giving this two or three stars. It's not a bad tea. In fact I might enjoy it much more if it weren't for the licorice root. My issue with this tea is that it tastes nothing like the description. As I'm reading more and more reviews for other flavors trying to find a good one for myself, I've been seeing that this is an unfortunate trend with Zhena teas.

First of all, hazelnut isn't even listed as an ingredient. The last ingredient is "natural flavor" and well, there's your hazelnut. Pretty disappointing. I taste none of the chocolate or vanilla flavors it claims to have. The overpowering flavor for me is, again, the licorice root. I hate licorice. Other than that it just tastes like a standard chai. Nothing special.

I tried Zhena's coconut chai and it was excellent, which is why I ordered another from this brand. I also liked that it's organic and fair trade. However, the fact that an "organic" tea had "natural flavoring" listed as an ingredient makes me question the quality. (Most of the time natural flavoring is actually just artificial flavoring but there's some loophole that allows it to be advertised as natural). Also, silk satchets may sound fancy - they're actually made of plastic. Healthy and organic? Probably not.

So is it worth paying twice as much for this tea over what you can get at the grocery store? Definitely not for the hazelnut. As for Zhena's other flavors, I'm still trying them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, January 2, 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Favorite Tes, December 15, 2013
I am happy to see it on amazon! It is one of my favorite teas :)
Definitely a must try is you like chia!

5.0 out of 5 stars subtle, nutty, delicious, July 22, 2014
Love this flavor. It's very smooth. Chai flavors are not too strong, nice and subtle. This is one of my go-to teas these days.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this tea, September 15, 2014
This is hard to get in my local market now so I have started to order on-line. Love this tea.

Zhena's Gypsy Chai Black Tea, Hazelnut, 1.54 Oz, 22 Count