4.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad
Published on October 19, 2009 by Elizabeth Hall

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money Terrible!
These toys don't work. They get stuck constantly, the plastic tubes are cheap and break very easily. My child got very frustrated and bored quickly. Don't waste your money. If you must try this, wait until they are at Walmart or Target for $7.
Published on September 6, 2009 by candace

4.0 out of 5 stars The Good and the Bad, October 19, 2009
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
We've got pretty much all of the accesories for the Zhu Zhu pets. The wheel actually does not move freely very well but the hamster will go down the tunnel get on the wheel and run in place then back down the tunnel. At first I was very dissappointed that the wheel wasn't really spinning (it does move but spinning is a stretch) but my 4 year old didn't seem bothered by it. now I actually kind of prefer this one because it's one that actually keeps the hamster contained in the funhouse. The slide lets the hamster out onto the floor as does the car and garage which is fine if you have a very large area for the whole set but the hamster runs better in the plastic pieces. As for durability the slide and garage are constantly coming detached (the 2 year old tends to knock them around) but this one has stayed attached pretty good, maybe because the tunnel is shorter than others. If you're not familiar with these you should know the accessories are snap together pieces - the plastic isn't flimsy but the fact that they just 'snap' together means they also snap apart rather easily. So while the accessories are constantly coming apart or detached they aren't breaking (which is good) but my 4 year old can't really snap them back together on his own so it's more work for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars I think we got a good wheel.. its cute!, January 1, 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
We have the wheel for the zhu-zhus.. and I'm seeing a lot of comments that the wheel doesnt spin freely - well, ours sure does! All three of our zhu-zhus can run in the wheel freely, and it spins just fine here! Perhaps for some it wasnt put together properly? Not sure there.. but we bought a wheel that works just fine!

And, this add on accessory happens to be one of the more sturdy ones - we have never had a problem with this particular accessory falling apart or coming undone.. it stays put! The hamster does not get stuck in the tunnel here.. but, you do have to help the zhu-zhu back into the tunnel (just by pushing its nose, redirecting it to go back into the tunnel) when he is "done" exercising ("done" defined when you are done seeing him run in the wheel!) - So, it would be nice if the zhu-zhu would go back into the tunnel after entering the wheel by itself.. but it doesnt. Nevertheless, this accessory gets a 5 stars b/c it is a lot of fun, stays together, and for us the wheel does spin freely.. and man do those zhu-zhus love a good workout!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Waste Your Money Terrible!, September 6, 2009

1.0 out of 5 stars If the wheel spins for you, you're one of the lucky ones. Disappointment to my child., October 8, 2009
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
I looked on youtube and saw that the wheel was working for the families that were on there. It looked cute and real so I got one for my daughter. I set it up as the directions told me to. The wheel never spun freely. The hamster will get in the wheel, get stuck, and back its way out of it. Complete disappointment to me but most importantly a disappointment to my 4 year old. The car and garage has some issues too but still works somewhat. The wheel doesn't not work at all for us. So if you purchase this product its sort of like playing the lottery. If it works you're one of the lucky ones. If it doesn't, you're stuck with a piece of crap.

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought after reading the reviews, May 11, 2010
B. Russell (Semmes, AL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
I was hesitant to buy after reading all the reviews here. At first, the wheel didn't spin well, but when I pushed it against the support harder, it snapped into place and then it spun freely. As for actually keeping the pets contained, if you place the plastic end caps from INSIDE the rooms, the hamsters can't push them out. Sticking them in from the outside doesn't work well at all. My 8-year-old is the one who figured that out, making me feel not so smart. By the way, I do not recommend the black and white hamster. It's super obnoxious. It makes barnyard animal noises.

4.0 out of 5 stars Zhu Zhu hamster wheel is good fun!, January 31, 2010
Lynn A. Laskoe (Buffalo Grove, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
I purchased this hamster wheel for Zhu Zhu pets for my daughter's hamsters. It was easy to assemble and add on to the main "house." It is a lot of fun to watch the hamsters run into the tunnel and then run in the wheel. The only thing I find is that some of the hamsters (my daughter has Num Num, Mr. Squiggles, and Pipsqueak) fall over when in the wheel and must be "righted" before they can continue. After a while the hamsters sometimes do find their way out of the wheel and back into the tunnel that connects to the main house. With multiple hamsters sometimes Pipsqueak will be in the wheel and Mr. Squiggles will enter the tunnel causing a bit of a problem in the wheel which must be attended to before both hamsters fall over. My daughter really enjoys watching the pets run in the wheel and it doesn't take up much space. Overall it's great fun!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the hype, December 26, 2009
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
I bought two zhu zhu pets for my 5 yr old, (Num Nums & Mr Squiggles) plus the fun house, adventure ball, sleep dome, and hamster wheel add on sets. Thankfully, I made all my purchases before the outrageous prices and waiting lines. On Christmas morning, my five-yr-old was only interested for about 10 minutes and then went back to her Barbies. My 9 month old loved watching the hamster run around the kitchen floor, but once in the adventure ball, the hamster kept turning on its side every few minutes.

The fun house and add ons fit together OK for me, but it's cheap plastic, and the hamsters got stuck when trying to get in and out of the hamster wheel. The funhouse and add-ons don't add any value to the pet. You are supposed to be able to hear the pet make sounds that match where they are at in the "house", but most of the sounds are similar, so my daughter didn't even take notice.

Overall, the hamsters by themselves are cute and worth the $8 I paid, but I'd forego the funhouse and add-ons. They are a waste of money, and too time-consuming because you have to "help" the hamster every few minutes by turning it back on its wheels, or getting it unstuck in between the wheel and tunnel. Buy the hamster and just let it run around on the kitchen floor for 15 minutes of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars MY KIDS LOVE THESE TOYS, September 25, 2009
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
My kids LOVE these toys. The hamsters are very cute and ours runs on the wheel and thru the tunnels just fine. It keeps them entertained! I'm ordering more for Christmas and getting them for my neices as well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fix for exiting the wheel, April 4, 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
Like some others, my daughter's pet also would not exit the wheel. I noticed it was getting caught on the tunnel ledge when it backed up and attempted to turn, so I raised the wheel a slight amount by inserting small washers in the wheel stand where the two screws are located. Works fine now, and it is a fun toy, but I still rate it three stars for shoddy specs and no quality control.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy, December 29, 2010
This review is from: Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel (Toy)
My daughter is 9 years old and loves this. The Zhu Zhu pets go right up the path and into the wheel and back out. I even think it is pretty neat watching.

Zhu Zhu Pets Add On Hamster Wheel