Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: VHS Tape|Change

Showing 1-10 of 72 reviews(5 star). Show all reviews
on September 9, 2005
I was so filled with joy and excitement when I saw that ZIGGY's GIFT was available on DVD!

I almost wanted to cry. I'm serious.

This is one of, if not THE best Christmas special in history!

This heartwarming show will fill you with the spirit of Christmas.

Beautiful! Magical! Inspiring! Emotional! Funny! Good hearted!

I cant tell you just how good this special is. The fact that it won an award for best Animated show is just a hint of how great this show is.

And the beautiful song (Cant remember the title) that chimes the meaning of Christmas, "Give, Give, Love" perfectly compliments this Holiday Classic.

It took a long time to come to DVD, but it was worth the wait.

I love this show so much I ordered 3 copies! LOL

I'll probably wear them all out watching it.

This special isnt very long, about 25 minutes to a half an hour, but believe me, it is worth it.

You will be touched and you will be filled with the Christmas spirit when you enjoy this great show.

It's message of love, peace, and giving to those less fortunate are contagious.

Get yourself an early Christmas gift this year. Get this DVD.

And enjoy it all Holiday Season long!

Watching this show is sure to become a Christmas tradition in your home.

If I could have given it ten stars, I would have.
on December 18, 2005
Ziggy's Gift was a strange surprise to me when released in in 1982.

After years of the same old Christmas cartoon's (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Browns Christmas), from out of no where comes this Christmas classic destined to become a staple in the yearly Christmas lineup for kids.

Ziggy's Gift, while very short @ 23 minutes, embodies all the important qualities of a good Christmas show. Love, caring, giving, and peace on earth. Tom Wilson manages to pack his message in a playful and sometimes tear jerking way in the time alloted for his 1/2 hour special.

The show really supports the true meaning of Christmas and ends with an orphanage scene that is not to be forgotten!! Ziggy's dog even makes friends with a kitten in the show!!

Go out and get it if you are tired of the same old Christmas specials. Here's where Ziggy's gift stands in my top five shows:

1. Charlie Brown's Christmas
2. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
3. Ziggy's Gift
4. Frosty the Snowman
5. Santa Claus in Comin to Town

Enjoy!

Gil
on October 6, 2005
This is probably the BEST Christmas cartoon special of all time. I've been waiting a long time for this to come out on dvd. I have a copy of this program on a Betamax (remember those things) tape that I recorded off of HBO probably 20+ years ago. Buy multiple copies and give them away for Christmas!!! Ho! Ho! Ho!!!
on November 7, 2005
Ziggy, known in this short feature as "the little guy" goes innocently about his business just doing what he always does, which when one looks at it in the proper light, is a blessing to all. Ziggy shows us all that the simple things, being honest, living with love and charity in your heart and mind, and keeping busy by serving others instead of yourself is the gift that keeps on giving. Ziggy's Gift does all this while keeping all ages laughing at the antics that surround him. I first viewed this short in the 80's when my children were small, and to this day, we still call our Thanksgiving bird a Torekey. Watch and you'll see what I mean. It will become a family favorite.
on October 20, 2001
Ziggy's gift is a really cute video set at Christmas time. The story is about Ziggy, a chubby little guy, and all the mishaps that he goes through when he is just trying to collect money for the poor at Christmas time.
on July 21, 2013
To all the moms and grandmas out there, this short 35 minute Award winning Christmas cartoon is a must have for your little ones. The messages throughout emphasize a beautiful morality that invokes not only a feeling of love and joy for life, but for the future of mankind in general. I have shown this movie to my sons every Christmas when they were little in the VHS format, then bought it as a DVD since I had worn out the previous version. My granddaughter will now grow up seeing this at grandma's house. Ironically, my son (and her daddy) had also found the DVD version and bought it for her as well--that's the impact that this beautiful cartoon has on us all! Ziggy is my all-time favorite cartoon character, and this film not only renews our belief in human kindness and forgiveness, but brings tears of joy as well. This is a film for young and old alike, truly an emotional roller-coaster of the goodness we all have deep inside and our willingness to find the true meaning of Christmas beyond the material values. This is not about religion, but a general outlook on goodness and human decency, so this film is good for all religious sects (or non-religious ones). Just a feel-good film well worth the price to watch as a holiday tradition. Definitely a must-see! Love, love, love it!
on January 17, 2007
When our kids were growing up this was their favorite Christmas show. We recorded it from TV and they wore the video tape out. We were delighted to find Ziggy's Gift on DVD for our 11 grandchildren this Christmas. It has a great message, teaching the values of giving and love. The DVD picture was so clear and beautifully redone. We aren't sure who was more pleased; our grandchildren or their parents! Thanks so much.
on November 18, 2014
Back when this program aired as a television special I videotaped it since both my sons and my elderly father loved this character. We watched it for several years and just about wore out the tape. How great it is to be able to see this program again. The print is in excellent condition with clear picture and sound. What makes this one also special is the music written by Harry Nielsen. To me this one is a collector's item.
on October 10, 2012
Ziggy's Gift is one of the all time great Christmas videos. I own it and watch it with my family each Christmas. I just purchased another one for my nephew and his wife who are newly weds and will be able to start their own Christmas tradition.
on October 1, 2014
Loved it as a kid, still love it as an adult. DVD plays great on any player it's been in.

Ziggy's gift is a simple story, about a good guy that (unknowingly) almost gets into a big heap of trouble. Ziggy gets tailed by both a crook and a cop, but continues about his good deeds without realizing it. The crook learns a good lesson, and I think maybe the police officer does too. It's a short feature, but worth purchasing.