4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous earrings
Published on August 28, 2012 by Becky in NOLA

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!
First, let me say that I was disappointed in the size of these earrings. From the photo, it seemed that they were larger than their 3/4" long overall size (the photo is actually larger than the product.
Published 24 months ago by AmazonCustomerSinceAmazonSoldO...

1.0 out of 5 stars Ouch!, September 27, 2012
This review is from: Zina Sterling Silver "Contemporary Collection" Loop with Amethyst Drop Earrings (Jewelry)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
That said, it's probably good that they were smaller because they were SO uncomfortable! The way they are designed, instead of hanging straight down, the circle part pulls at your ear and bends the top of the earlobe forward, and the bottom backward-- this hurts. I tried them with different, larger flat backs (they came with the tiny backs) and that seemed to help somewhat, but not completely.
The size makes these feel more like kids' earrings than those for an adult. (But they are too heavy for a child.). The purple stone looks so dark (mostly because its tiny and has no cut for reflectivity) that it looks almost black.
I don't see myself wearing these. Perhaps if you have attached earlobes it won't be as bad, but with mine, they hurt.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous earrings, August 28, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The pictures do not really do justice to these beautiful earrings. The amethyst is faceted, making it stand out more than the picture would indicate. The earrings are very well made and sturdy without being heavy. The round upper part sits comfortably against the ear and doesn't hang down, the dangle part is light and comfortable. These would be discrete enough for work, but fun for a night out, a great transitional earring.

I have allergies to I need to the sterling or stainless in silver, gold, or titanium. Very pretty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sterling Silver + Amethyst = A VERY HAPPY WIFE!, December 15, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
When I saw these earrings, I just about fell out of my chair. My wife Christine enjoys many things about her jewelry. But her absolute favorites are sterling silver and amethyst. So when you find something like this from Zina that combines BOTH in one earring set, it was pay dirt for me resulting in a very happy wife. These earrings are stylish enough whether you are going casual or elegant. B-E-A-YOOTIFUL!

4.0 out of 5 stars A little small for my tastes but classy, November 27, 2012
J. Curry (Southfield, Michigan United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These earrings are small. Much smaller than I had anticipated. I got them for my girlfriend to wear and she likes them but they are small. The overall look is classy however and I can see why these would be good for a more professional setting. They don't draw too much attention but if someone notices it's a nice touch. They are light weight and easy to put in.

I think that being basically the same size of stud earring is my only issue with them. I wish that they were just a tad bigger and the loop more pronounced. I'm not talking hoop earring big but something with a bit more 'umph.'

5.0 out of 5 stars Dainty!, September 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These earrings are sterling silver with a genuine stone. They are small (about half inch I believe) and dainty. Very classy yet elegant. Totally suitable for working in a corporate environment so that you still look presentable but have a little pop of color (unlike the other drones ). The price seemed a little pricy as I've seen similar earrings at Kohl's, however, I believe the artist that makes these earrings has a following and maybe that is the reason for the cost. I will research more into that and update my review for those who are interested.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in product, February 19, 2013
I was expecting a shade of purple stone as this was suppose to be amethyst. The stone was a very faint pink.
They were also very uncomfortable in my ears.
Disappointed, I returned the earrings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice earrings!, December 1, 2012
These earrings were a great buy and I would do it all over again. The silver with the amethyst looks very chic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite nice, but small, September 14, 2012
Gavin Scott (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are very nicely made, and the picture pretty much tells you everything you need to know. I would echo what other reviewers said though in terms of their size, which is that like many jewelry items they may be significantly smaller than the picture (with no sense of scale) makes them look.

In person, the stones have exactly the proportions shown in the picture, but in terms of absolute size they're fairly small and so give the illusion (to me at least) of being smaller relative to the bezel.

If you like the look and design you see in the picture, and you understand the dimensions, then you can't go wrong with these.

G.

4.0 out of 5 stars Undoubtedly beautiful but. . ., September 7, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
These are really a beautiful pair of earrings with excellent quality and craftsmanship.

However, do check the dimensions against your ear before ordering. I found them to be extremely small and more suitable for a delicately built teen or young woman. I am petite in height but these earrings just looked ridiculously tiny for me.

The design is lovely but I can't help feeling that they would be much more impressive at twice or one and a half times the size. The amethyst is very small and the silver ring around it is very prominent. Also, the stem is thicker than all the other sterling silver earrings I own and if you have tiny ear piercings these will not be comfortable.

The workmanship is really excellent and, if the dimensions work for you, these would truly be a beautiful addition to any jewellery box.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun design, August 27, 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Great with summer dresses. I had no idea that silver was so light compared to gold ...but these are totally hypoallergenic. Due to the silvers lightness in weight I'd have to say that I think its more a metal for the casual summers, especially with the free form design, believe me, they move...not stiff like office settings IMO

Rate and Discover Movies