Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 26, 2012
The application only works if you have an internet connection. I was using it on the road and as soon as I was out of WiFi range it stopped and complained that it would not start until a connection was made. This makes the App useless. Do not buy until fixed.
on February 18, 2013
I have played this game for yrs on various devices. This version plays ridiculously slow on the Kindle Fire HD. Not satisfied with how it works on this device. It is faster and smoother on my HTC One X.
on January 6, 2012
I am compelled to pass my partner's opening bids, I always have singletons in his bid suit and on the rare occasions when I have better than an opening my partner has a yarborough. When I lead my singleton against a slam, partner takes the ace and returns a trump!

Just like in a real game.

As one disappointed reviewer complained this program doesn't have anything worthwhile in the way of guidance. It is not a tutorial and is not at all suitable for anyone learning to play contract bridge. However for my purposes it is ideal. I used to be a reasonably competent player to the point of winning one state pairs championship. That was a long time ago. Since then life has intruded and my skills have atrophied. For me this little program is just what I need in the way of a refresher course in planning the play, counting the hands and developing end plays. I have even managed a couple of squeezes. The level of play is what I would call "moderately competent" and clearly the game does not use its knowledge of the players' holdings to direct its own leads in defence or dummy play.

The game is rubber bridge and it takes notice of part scores, honours and so forth. At least my (simulated) partner doesn't raise my bid to 4 hearts when 2 is sufficient.

Far less elaborate than Bridge Baron but at only one fifth of the price OSB is, in my opinion, very good value for the money if your needs are similar to mine.

Once I accidentally brushed the screen and bid a wild 5 clubs which was not something I was likely to do on a three card suit in the face of stong opposition bidding. There was no way to say "Oops, I didn't really mean that!" Partner had four but it cost 800 points.

That and the apparent lack of any facility to increase the competence level is all that prevents me from giving five stars.
on January 2, 2013
By far the best bridge app. Far better than the one I paid 5 times more for!!!!
I simply love it!!!!!
on March 21, 2012
I am generally satisfied with the ability to practice my offensive game i.e. the playing of the contract but bidding and defensive play is EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!
Partnership cooperation is almost non-existent so you find yourself constantly puzzled by the actions of your 'partner' i.e. doesn't support your bid suit with good length or doesn't lead your bid suit when defending. Overbids in partial score situations when it is obvious there isn't a potential for slam. And finally, doesn't appear programed for any artificial bids or even how to handle doubles.
It would also be a vast improvement if one could redo the bidding and or the play after the review to practice.
Finally, would it be possible to add suggestions from expert bridge players?
on July 27, 2014
This game is free of pop ups and advertisements, play is slow and soothing,HOWEVER it is poorly programmed so that the opponents Always get unbeatable hands,mostly always impossible to win a hand, very frustrating way to play a game that I love and am fairly good at..shame to charge a fee just to not see the pop ups. Disappointed Amazon.Also.purchased a free bridge game and it was the same set up,plus pop ups every other hand. Shame tho to charge and Omar Sharif could not be okay with this
on July 23, 2012
Best review I can give is that it fits on a small phone screen and works fine! Not as sophisticated as some PC programs but from beginner to fairly advanced you can practice a few hands wherever you carry your phone.
on January 8, 2013
The program doesn't display bridge hands in the standard manner with the trump suit first. There are so many difficulties using this program that I am extremely sorry that I wasted my money. I use other programs on other platforms and this is by far the poorest.
on October 8, 2012
It's difficult to read, difficult to navigate until you catch on, and too animated. I'd like to see a bridge game like the one I have from Hoyle. This one needs to have a preview with it so you can understand the way it works.
on February 4, 2013
There are no directions , no discernible way to take back bids or plays, no way to learn better ways to bid or play the hand AND my partner and I had very few biddable hands, fewer than 5% of the dealt hands were biddable . Very disappointing.