Amazon.com: Customer Reviews:
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

• Customer Reviews

on October 29, 2012
I bought one for me and one for a birthday gift.
After getting these, I was shocked with how good the quality was.
The Zipbuds look just like the images, and they sound great. There's a lot of bass.
Some clarifications:
-Not all of the cable is made of zippers. About 1 inch from the end of the chain is normal wire attaching the earbuds, and there is maybe 6 inches of cable from the jack to the zipper.
-The earbuds are not nearly as bulging out as they look in the picture.
-The wire is sleeved in nylon, and is surprisingly nice.
-The buds do not come with a microphone, but one can be had on the Zipbuds website for $10 more. They also sell a nicer model not for sale on Amazon for whatever reason.
-Does come with extra buds.
-Day Glow green looks rather tacky (personal opinion), I suggest black.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 23, 2012
Twenty bucks? Seriously. How can these ear buds be so cool and sound so good for twenty bucks? These are darn nice ear buds.

Zipbuds are an interesting spin on ear buds; they have a zipper in the middle of the wires. At first, I thought that looked kind of fun, what a cool idea a zipper. Then I tried to figure out why a zipper? Now that I've used these, I understand completely. That zipper makes these ear buds almost impossible to pop out of my ears. The key is to start with the cloth covered wire behind my ear, wrap the wire up and over my ear, then insert the ear bud in my ear. If you watch musicians with their headphones, you'll notice they do exactly that, wrap the wire behind their ear. The wire forms a C around my ear and helps keep the ear bud in my ear. This works with every style of ear bud. The magic is with that zipper - pull it up until it is snug against my neck and those ear buds are going nowhere. The advantage of the zipper over those silly little sliders on most headphones, the zipper is easy to grab and it stays put wherever I leave it.

So cool zippers are nice, and I'd probably like these headphones anyway. But the critical piece is how do they sound. There is no way twenty-dollar headphones should sound this good. No they aren't audiophile precise, but I never expected that. They are a bit bass heavy. With portable players, that isn't a bad thing. They are super efficient, reasonable listening volume is at 1/8 on my iPhone. These have the potential to do some serious ear damage at higher settings. The construction is solid - the ear buds are a shiny plastic. The cord is covered in a braided black cloth with big solid rubber grommets. No sound is transmitted up into the ear buds from the wires (this is a surprisingly big problem with a lot of in ear monitors). The headphone jack is a short straight connector. Thank you Zipbuds, I have an iPhone case with a really deep headphone socket, and this works perfectly.

Sound isolation is surprisingly good. As with all in ear monitors, the correct silicone insert has to be chosen. The fit needs to be tight so that bass is maximized and outside sounds are not allowed in. I was surprised at how much I liked the sound of these headphones. Bass is very strong, but not strained. The midrange and treble were nicely balanced, vocals were crystal clear. The thing that impressed me the most was the soundstage. It was wide and the imaging was accurate. All the music I tried sounded good, from delta blues, grunge rock, jazz, classical, to indie rock. These aren't perfect headphones, but darn it for twenty dollars they are great.

I have no fear tossing these in a gym bag, carry on bag, or laptop bag. They will take a lot of abuse and keep on sounding good.

February 23, 2013 Update: These travelled with me for a solid year. I liked using them on planes because they never tangled, I could wad them up and shove them anywhere and not worry about them, and they delivered good sound. On a plane, I'm not moving around where the zipper would make noise. Alas, they disappeared a while ago. I'm now on to much higher end headphones. These were good while they lasted.
on February 20, 2013
I have an 11 year old daughter who likes to listen to music in bed. She has destroyed a number of head sets as she would find the length of the cable from the y to the bud too small and she'd pull them apart. She'd also destroy the buds trying to untangle the cables as well.

Gave these as a Christmas present -- almost 60 days later they are still going great: no tangles, no cable degradation and she reports sound quality is still good (historically about 30 days into a pair of earbuds she'd complain that no sound was coming out of the right or left bud). She's used these with Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo DS, iPad (1/3), iPhone 3GS/4/4S and iTouch with no issues on any device.

I did buy a second pair (great price, and a backup in case the first set failed) -- so far they are sitting in my drawer.
VINE VOICEon July 29, 2012
The first thing I noticed when I received my earbuds was rhe fact that they don't tangle. That's because they zip up about halfway, and have a nice thick quality cord on the other half. While nicely long, they aren't the longest cords I have used, neither are they anywhere near the shortest. My cord was about four feet in total on length, plenty to use with my iPhone.

My second observation occurred when I placed these in my ears. I have trouble finding earbuds that don't hurt my small ears. Because of the styling, these work well in my ears, a pleasant surprise! Because of their shape, they aren't perfect for sleeping on, but they are very pleasant while sitting up!

The key observation was the well rounded sound when I listened to them! While I am nowhere near an audiophile, I enjoy listening to a variety of music, and these we're quality. They had difficulty with full base, but the sound was clear. It sounded best from 0 to about 75% of my total loudness, but got muddy at the higher levels of sound, not an issue for me, since that level is too loud for normal listening anyway.

Of course, besides being a way to keep your buds from tangling, the zipper makes a cute fashion statement. However the same thing that makes them unique are a bit of a problem. I didn't really enjoy the stiffness of the cord, and the zipper pull made them a bit heavy. However, they do work well in all ways besides this one feature. I think teens will especially enjoy them, not so much adults.

I actually give them five stars for noise canceling properties, since my daughter complained I wasn't listening to her when I was testing them.

I received a complementary set of these zip. Us in order to test them for a review.
on October 23, 2012
I am very satified with the sound quality and amplification of zipbud headphones. The one problem I have is that the buds themselves (at least the rubber tips are not small enough to allow for secure insertion into the ear. The company producing this headphone should consider supplying smaller tips for individuals like me with small ear canels.
on April 19, 2013
I keep my headphones in my purse and they always got tangled. This design keeps them untangled and working great. I switched out the headphone size to the smallest earpieces and they fit perfectly. I wasn't buying these to use in workouts or being active, rather I bought them to listen on my train commute and they certainly do the trick. I'd recommend them.
on March 23, 2013
These headphones are sick and a I've received a load of compliments. The sounds is awesome and it definitely blocks out background noise. The setback is that the zipper is a bit heavy so at times the zipper will pull out the ear buds if I am moving around so i wouldn't look to them for a workout session or running. Though on the flip side, they're awesome if I am sitting around or working on something. I would recommend them if you wont be moving around too much.
I'm always adding to my list of "gift ideas" for when my two pre-teen kids have a friends birthday party to attend, or I'm needing to pick out a gift for someone, that I know someone else won't be buying for them as well. With everyone these days all having MP3 players, iPods and kids having handheld gaming systems (PSP, Nintendo DS, etc) these Zipbuds are a fun idea as a gift to use with those items. These also make a great stocking stuffer during the holidays, or even a secret Santa gift when you have a twenty dollar limit. The unique zipper design is fun and something you can't find just anywhere.

The zip up and down features works well and is smooth. This makes the cord a little stiff, so it doesn't wrap up super tiny, but you can still get it into larger player cases. The sound is quite good for earbuds in this price range. Easily comparable to Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds. The cord is 3.9 feet long, so it's not overly lengthy on a youths smaller frame but still long enough for an adults. There are also a few additional earbud tips included, so you can use the ones that fit your ear most comfortably. These Zipbuds are unique and fun, and make a great gift idea that would appeal to just about anyone! I received a pair of these from the manufacturer for reviewing purpose.
I have been trying a lot of earbuds and earphones recently, and these are very good performers for the $15-35 range. I found the sound quality superior to and richer than the more popular MEElectronics M9-SL and MEElectronics M6-BK-MEE. I have been using a lot of different earphones lately in my quest to find a good pair for a great price, but I find I come back to these again and again.

I listen mainly to classical music and spoken word podcasts with earphones. Of course, podcasts were not a big challenge in sound quality. But these earphones did very well for their price range with music as well. The bass is more generous than most in this price range and the midtones are rich.

The noise isolation works well, which means the seating works well in my ears (although this does not guarantee it will for you too). I often wear these for two or three hours at a stretch with no discomfort.

The zipper function is gimmicky, but I must admit it serves a purpose, as earphones do tend to get tangled up in my pockets all too often. Even unzipped, these don't tangle much since the part of the cord under the zipper halves are too thick and inflexible to get caught up in something else.

Now for two significant negatives, which prevent me from going to five stars. First, any impact, sliding or scraping on the zipper cord can be heard loud and clear in the earphones themselves. This can be very distracting. Second is the small and flimsy-seeming headphone plug. Plugs are almost always the things that wear out first for me -- you may be familiar with the problem of losing one channel on a pair of earphones and trying to bend and manipulate the cord near the plug to get the second channel back. This has not happened yet, but the plug does not inspire a lot of confidence.

I received these from the manufacturer for review purposes.
on July 25, 2012
These headphones are great for what they are orginally made for. No tangling earphones.

These aren't what I called, stereo junkies headphones. There no setting to change the sounds coming out of the headphones.

The earphones do come with 3 sets of different sized rubber earbuds. I will admit, there are times where the sounds coming from the ear phones sound like echos. But I think that is more dependent on the genre of song being played.

90% of the time, the earphones are perfectly fine with any type of music being played.

The upsides and downsides to these earphones are that they are actually like ear plugs. You can have a moderate volume level on your IPOD and if you are outside, you can't hear people talking to you/surroundings. Good if you want to focus in on music. So its great on noise cancellation, if you like that. Bad if you actually want to hear other sounds around you in your environment.

The rubber earbuds also act like cushions/buffer for your inner ear, so even if you accidently hit the volume too loud, it never comes off as shreiking/screaming your ears off like other traditional earphones. Perhaps because the rubber ear buds act like cushion = occassional distortion/lack of clarity in some genre of songs.

But overall, this is a nice and different product for those who hate tangling their earphones. Plus it looks cool and because it has a zipper which by the way is made very strong, its very adjustable to any type of clothing you wear. Plus you can zip them up all the way and put it in your pocket and not have to worry that the earphones are all tangled up.

It works as intended. Nothing more, nothing less.

See 1 answered question