Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Zipfizz Healthy Energy Drink Mix, Variety Pack, 30-count
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Flavor: Variety Pack|Size: 30 Count|Change

on July 20, 2009
Despite it's juvenile sounding name, this isn't a child's energy drink that's for sure. Each tube packs about 42,000% the recommended daily dose of Vitamin B12. The high from this is extremely stable and hasn't yet given me the jitters. Everyone reacts differently though so to guarantee 100% that you will not get the jitters would be a lie. When I take it, I feel very awake, alert, and clear headed. I use it before a workout and several of the ingredients make it perfect for the gym. The let down is probably the smoothest you'll find among energy drinks. And if you feel a cold coming on, downing one of these may help tremendously.

The name comes from the interaction the mix has with water. You pour one vile into a 16-20 oz bottle of water and the stuff fizzes like crazy! If you don't get the lid on fast enough, you'll quickly find there will be a mess! I've found using a wide mouthed nalgene bottle is the best way to prevent these types of accidents.

In addition to the massive amounts of Vitamin B12, it has a good amount of Vitamin C (500mg), Niacin (10mg), Vitamin B6 (2.5mg), Calcium (60mg), Magnesium (100mg), and Potassium (905mg). It has almost every water soluble vitamin meaning that a lot of the excess that your body doesn't utilize, will be flushed through your kidneys. With that being said, drink a lot of liquid with this and don't over use the product (company recommends no more than 3 a day) or the chance of getting kidney stones exists.

It has a 317mg "proprietary" blend blend of L-Arginine, L-Taurine, Caffeine from guarana, Alpha-lipoic acid, Grape seed extract, Green tea leaf extract, Ginger root, and Ginseng root. I don't know how much each compound contributes to the 317mg but they do acknowledge that 100mg of it is caffeine (about the same as a cup of coffee).

There are multiple flavors but I'm partial to Grape and Orange Soda. The flavors are very sweet and candy-like but they surprisingly have no sugar. 10 total Calories and only 2g Total Carb.

This is an excellent product and recommend it over any other energy drink.
66 comments| 179 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 2, 2012
This product works but the advertising is misleading. Zipp Fizz claims that it's a natural product and on its website says that it is sweetened with xylitol. Xylitol is a natural sugar made from the birch tree, and used in Europe for over 100 years. I use xylitol on a regular basis and agree that if it comes from the right source and not from China, where it's made from corn, it is healthy and has very good side effects such as cavity prevention. But,on the ingredients list, xylitol is the last ingredient, meaning, that it is the smallest ingredient in the formula. On the other hand Sucralose (also known as Splenda) is very high on the list of ingredients. That's where the aftertaste is from. If you don't care what you put in your body then this is a good product as it does work as advertised. Why add Splenda if the xylitol is in there? Because the splenda is cheaper. So obviously there is no need for the xylitol other than to use it as a marketing ploy. They know this and have told me that their new product - immune fizz - has no Splenda. Why not take it out of the regular zipp fizz too and make it healthier too? I was sucked into the purchase by the xylitol reference only to find the sucralose in the product. I wonder what else they aren't saying?
1515 comments| 319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2012
I was very excited to see this product until I read the ingredients and found that it is sweetened with sucralose. I don't like the fake sugars in my food or drinks. I love that it has xylitol in it...too bad they didn't use some other form of raw sugar.
55 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 23, 2011
I love Zipfizz. I get quick energy, but not like the shakey caffeine energy. I feel better able to focus, and it definitely helps my running and strength training workouts. Best thing is that there is no crash. I take Zipfizz everyday and I think the vitamins help prevent me from getting sick as well. Win Win!
on March 15, 2012
My boyfriend's mom picked us up a case of these at Sam's Club (impulse purchase?) and we had them in our house for a while before I decided to try one. I drank as directed in 16-20 oz of water right when I was leaving work and heading to the gym for my normal workout. Wow- I did my weight-lifting workout, felt great after that so I hopped on the treadmill and did hills, then I went home and decided that it was so nice out that I would take the dog for a run. haha. I also did the dishes, cleaned the living room, went shopping at Target and made dinner. (I get out of work at 2:30 pm just to be clear- I wasn't moving at light speed or anything).

These really do give you tons of energy. I didn't feel weird or like my heart was beating like crazy. There isn't much caffeine in these (about the same as 2 colas) but there are ridiculous levels of B12. 41667% of your Daily Value, pretty sure you just pee out the excess. I was just in a fantastic mood and I didn't experience a crash nor did I have trouble sleeping.

I'm not much of an energy drink user so I probably wont be drinking these all the time. But, having a birthday party with 20 4 year olds? Zip fizz! Need to clean the entire house in one day? Zip Fizz! Hiking the Inca Trail? Zip Fizz!
33 comments| 107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 29, 2011
I love this product. p90x recovery drink notwithstanding, I have to say that this drink helps me complete my work outs every single day. It also has the added benefit of preventing colds (like airborne). For those who would like to kick the soda habit, it is a great alternative. It has fizz rather than carbonation, but it satisfies that craving without the sugar calories. :)
on February 11, 2011
This drink is just wonderful. Although it has caffeine, it doesn't have an alarming amount. The great thing about this drink is all of the vitamins (I'm not good about taking a multivitamin...). I drink this fairly diluted; with at least 32 ounces of water instead of 16 ounces and the flavor is just right. The citrus is my favorite and, sadly, they don't carry that at Costco anymore. I've been drinking only one Zipfizz daily and work in a school -- a huge breeding ground for germs and viruses -- and haven't been sick in the two years I've been drinking this. Pretty impressive. And it is WAY cheaper than a cup of coffee at Starbucks :)
33 comments| 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 5, 2011
UPDATE: There is some caffeine in this drink - I have corrected it in my review. Thanks for letting me know.
ALSO, it has now been 6 months - have not been sick yet! :)

I love this product.
First off: there is no sugar in this product. There is some caffeine but it is nothing comparable to an energy drink. And since you have to mix it with a bottle of water, it is helping to keep you hydrated (if you drink it consistently). It works through high concentrations of various vitamins.

I am 26 years old and have always had a weak immune system since childhood. I also tend to be a low energy type of person.
That being said, I generally get sick every 2-3 months. In 2010 I was sick 6 months out of the year. If Im in a crowd, or on campus, or at work, and someone around me is sick, I will catch it. You get the idea.

I started drinking Zip Fizz August 2011 5 days a week. It has been three months and I have not gotten sick. In fact, two times I felt something coming on; pain in my throat, other signs of a flu/cold. After waking up the next day the symptoms were gone completely! My immune system had fought off the sickness before it could manifest into something else. I know my body and I know before Zip Fizz I would have had a full blown illness the next day.

Zip Fizz supports my immune system in an amazing way and so far has allowed me to live my life healthy, and not as the sickey I am so accustomed to being. I will continue to use this product forever!
My husband is a real ZipFizz fan. He uses it for additional energy and swears by it. It has a lot of B Vitamins and tastes good to boot. He's been using if for about four years now and continues to find it helpful. He rides his bike 20 miles every morning, walks a lot, and works out. He is 71 but looks a lot younger. I think the ZipFizz helps him have the huge amount of energy that is his trademark.
on October 8, 2014
Energy drink that is safe and tasty. I have used Zipfizz for awhile and I like this orange soda and the grape soda varieties. They taste just like a soda without the sugar. Very high allowance of B12 is a little concerning but I have not felt badly at all after consuming this. A very slight bitter aftertaste is all I noticed, but it is barely perceptible. So far, this is good stuff.