5.0 out of 5 stars Our lunches have never been better.
Published on September 26, 2012 by Cristin B.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy
People really need to read the descriptions before buying these (anything, for that matter!) and then leaving a poor review. These containers are DISPOSABLE. It states this in the description. This means they really shouldn't be used in the microwave/dishwasher. It lessens what integrity they have to begin with. How long will they last? Depends on the use. I use them to...
Published 5 months ago by ~purplemoon~

5.0 out of 5 stars Our lunches have never been better., September 26, 2012
This review is from: Ziploc Container, Divided Rectangle, 2-Count(Pack of 2) (Health and Beauty)
I make a total of 5 school lunches and snacks for my kids each weekday. For reasons that I don't precisely understand, lunch-making is a task of bother disproportionate to how much work is actually involved--but it has truly been a necessary irritant for years. I slack and make sandwiches, my kids complain (nicely) and bring home lunchboxes still half-full of rejected candidates for their mid-day attention.

No more. I have resolved this year to present lunches that resemble choices that I myself would find appealing--many small portions of diverse foods, unexpected combinations, a little bite of something sweet at the end, not too much bread. And I have to say, these boxes really have helped toward that end. The sizes of the compartments create maximum flexibility for leftovers, pinwheels, pasta salads, fruit and veg, crackers & cheese, roll-ups... and yes, the trusty sandwich, now and then. It's easy to slip in one little surprise with the more predictable fare when I can count on the sections maintaining water-tightness; even with the vigorous shaking elementary school kids give their boxes, we've had no leaking from one section into the others. They're holding up in the dishwasher just fine (I do keep extras, because life is nicer when I'm not forced to wash a dish to complete lunch packing).

Ours fit beautifully with a separate snack (usually in a Rubbermaid TakeAlongs 1-Cup Twist and Seal Containers, Pack of 4) + a water bottle in an LL Bean Flip-Top lunchbox. The box inserts at a slight angle, which has not impacted its functionality.

Recommended for kid or adult lunch usage. A great, simple, straightforward, affordable product is always a pleasure to find.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pay Attention to Number of items, September 7, 2012
Between making my purchase and receiving my items, I found this item for half the price. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that I had misunderstood the 2-count (pack of 2) description. Each order has a total of 4 containers. Needless to say I am happy that I ended up with the item for exactly the right price and I have a few extras on hand. I am very impressed with how it seals and prevents liquids from leaking into the other compartments. I can now send my child's sandwich, applesauce and popcorn all in one container and not worry about them mixing up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect leakproof container for your lunch!, June 7, 2012
Amy Nicolai (Houston, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great little product that I found out about while reading a blog written by a woman who packs her kid's school lunch each day. I am WELL past school days, but I still take my lunch to work as often as I can. This divided container allows me to separate dissimilar items and the best part is that the division between the three separate wells is sealed off with the lid. So, I was able to take leftovers in the large well, and celery sticks in one small wall, and some dip in the third well. No leakage at all! BPA free as well. Will definitely keep this on subscribe-and-save.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, good product, June 15, 2013
I wanted something for lunches so I could pack them in advance on Sundays. These allow me enough room to put a main dish, fruit and vegetable, or crunchy item. They fit nicely into my LL Bean kid lunch box (I note that it is a lunch box for a child since I gather adult lunch boxes might be larger; embarrassingly enough, I purchased mine based on pattern) with room underneath for condiments and 1 or 2 water bottles. There is room on top for an ice pack if necessary, and a set of silverware. My only caveat is to make SURE you have sealed the container across the bars in the center; if you do not, it will leak.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice size for lunch, July 25, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The container is nice size for lunch, I like that there are three compartments, so I am forced to put in three foods there, it adds to variety, which is always good. My son likes to have his lunch packed in one of those. There is a big tab in the corner for easier opening, and I like that I can feel the lid click in place.
The containers are quite leak-resistant, but not leak proof - just to check it, I put red grape juice in all three compartments, wiped the top with paper towel, sealed the lid and turned it upside down. Within a minute I could see red liquid collecting in the grooves of the lid. So it is not for foods with very runny consistency.
The boxes fit in a vertical style lunch bags, but not in square-shaped ones, so check your lunch box dimensions before buying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great to separate food, May 18, 2013
These containers are great for lunches, but the lids do take some patience to snap on to assure no leaks. My granddaughter is 5 and can do it if she takes her time, but at school in the rush of putting things back in their lunch pail, she isn't able to get it back on, resulting in a mess to clean up when she gets home.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's great. The large square is perfect sandwich size, July 24, 2014
Amazon Customer "kepela" (Chatsworth, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
At just $1.75 per container, less on subscribe and save, it's great. The large square is perfect sandwich size, I put veggies in one part and fruit in the other. The sections each seal nicely, so juices from the fruit doesn't run into the sandwich. The container just fits into a soft side lunch box. It's too low profile to out an apple, even a small one, without cutting it. Of course that means it doesn't fit an apple sauce or yogurt either. But because it's so low profile, a juice box fits nicely on top. I guess I could scoop out the apple sauce or yogurt and put it in one of the squares (buy the large size and save some money).
It's easy for my 7 year old to open, and it snaps closed pretty easily too. I don't expect each container to last very long, but for the price, it sure beats baggies. I will definitely buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my kids' lunchboxes, July 1, 2014
Awesome lunch boxes for my kids. Holds sandwiches, fruit and a vegetable easily. Also, regular size cheese sticks fit in the larger square container. If I have a smaller item to include, I can always use a silicone muffin/cupcake cup to hold nuts or dried fruit. Nothing leaks between containers. Easily fit into my kids' Land's End lunchboxes as well as others they have used in the past. Cannot live without these during the school year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Been using for 6 months, no leaks!, March 3, 2014
I love these boxes!!!

My son takes lunch at least 4 times a week and my husband and daughter also use these a few times a week.
I am pretty careful to check that the lid has closed on each compartment. The compartments have NEVER leaked into one another.
I can send applesauce in one compartment and crackers in another and the crackers are still nice and crunchy at lunchtime. My 5 year old has no trouble opening these on his own.

We have the standard soft sided insulated lunch boxes and they zip up find around these with just enough room to put a small ice pack on the side or a flat one on the bottom. But you won't have room for a thermos or large juice box (but a pouch will work laid on it's side).

These are obviously not meant to last forever, but ours have lasted MUCH longer than expected - 6 months and still serving us well!! I'm sure they would last even longer if I took the time to hand wash them, especially the lids, but I pop them in the dishwasher every time. I estimate each of our containers had been used and washed about 24 times. That's pretty impressive for something that cost less than $1.50 AND it's still leak proof!

I'm in Northern Va. and they are available in stores here for about the same price as Amazon. I found mine at Target just before school started in the fall of 2013. I've seen them in several stores but sometimes they aren't kept with other Ziploc products but rather near more permanent food storage and water bottles - like glassware or the vinyl snack bags.

It feels silly to gush like this over a lunch container but these have really made my life so much easier!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Will you let me save you $10?, July 23, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Personally I think the Ziploc divided container has it all over the $15 Easy Lunchboxes. Why? First of all $10+ back in your pocket. SERIOUSLY on that - if you read the reviews about how STURDY the Easy Lunchboxes are - not true. My friend's kid tossed a banana lightly at my daughter for sharing and it hit the container top and shattered off a chunk. lol a soft little banana. The Ziploc is FINE for the daily lunchbox grind.

Next - the Ziploc is a lot more squared than the Easy Lunchboxes. If you look at both of them the sandwich receptacle is deeper and more square - really important for thick sandwiches. And the snack cups are more squared off as well.

I toss these into the dishwasher - no problems.

I know that the Easy Lunchboxes are made in China without any phalates, etc. Guess what - everything is made in China and unless they are randomly checking every single carton - I can guess that there's no strict adherence to manufacturing there, so you really are not winning that battle, no matter what the verbiage.

Finally - leaking. The ELs do leak and you have to keep them upright for gooey wetness food (coleslaw slop comes to mind). The Ziploc do NOT once the lid is on there tight, you are pretty much good to go. THAT factor alone is very important to me.

So, I totally recommend you buy the soft cover of the Easy Lunchboxes book USED to get some ideas for FABULOUS bento style lunches and then buy a few of these Ziploc containers and you will come out way ahead with money to spend on fun garnishes!