Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: X-Large, 4-Count|Change
Price:$4.32+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on September 25, 2010
Ziploc® Brand Big Bags are available in three big sizes:
L equivalent to 3 Gallon (11.4L) 1.25 FT. x 1.25 FT. (38.1cm x 38.1cm) 5ct.
XL equivalent to 10 Gallon (37.8L) 2 FT. x 1.7 FT. (60cm x 51 cm) 4ct.
XXL equivalent to 20 Gallon (75.7L) 2 FT. x 2.7 FT. (60cm x 82 cm) 3ct.
1111 comments| 1,005 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 13, 2008
I have always liked the Ziploc brand. I actually bought these bags a while ago when they first came out but only got around to using them yesterday (don't ask). Anyway, I decided that I didn't want to store our extra blankets and sheets in the closet without some protection so I tracked down my box. Wow. I was able to fit so much in just one bag! And squeezing the air out is really simple. I've read reviews of the Space Bags and they seem just horrible. Why spend 3 times the money on something else when these work great? I plan to get more soon so that we can store stuff up in our attic. I only have one word of caution, if you pack the bags heavy, don't carry by the handle. The heaviest bag didn't rip or stretch but I prefer to be cautious about such things. One XXL bag handled several sets of sheets and pillowcases while another was perfect for a queen size comforter. So, give these a try. I hope you'll be as happy as I am with the product.
0Comment| 216 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 30, 2010
These Ziploc® Big Bags are available in three sizes:
L = 5 bags that are each 3 Gallon (11.4L) or 1.25 FT. x 1.25 FT. (38.1cm x 38.1cm)
XL = 4 bags that are each 10 Gallon (37.8L) or 2 FT. x 1.7 FT. (60cm x 51 cm)
XXL = 3 bags that are each 20 Gallon (75.7L) or 2 FT. x 2.7 FT. (60cm x 82 cm)

I tried the space bags when they first came out about 12 years ago - what a joke! I've been waiting for someone to improve on the technology, but it seems like the space bag concept has yet to be perfected. I was very pleased to see that ziploc came out with these bags.

Saving space is not my biggest priority. I am looking for clear, easy to manage clothes storage that will keep out dust, moths, etc and hate dealing with heavy stacks of over-priced plastic containers. I thought the large bags would be best to store summer clothes, t-shirts, outfits, etc but I found them to be a tad bit small. (For ex: one bag holds 3 pairs of mens size 34x34 jeans, 10-12 size small women's t-shirts). Next time I will order the XL. The bottom is folded to expand which adds a little extra space.

These are fairly thick plastic and are a light blue color (not clear like the pics show). There is a Ziploc logo and an area to write bag contents on the front, which partially obscures the the bag contents, but not too bad. The double zipper closes tight and requires minimal effort.

The top has a cut-out handle that make these easy to carry. The plastic is strong enough to hang these on a hook or hanger without tearing (not sure about this for heavier items). Very versatile for me as I have some hanging, some stacked horizontally on a shelf and others lined up vertically on the closet floor.

I pushed all of the air out of the bags prior to sealing them and was surprised that all but 2 of the 10 bags I used have stayed air tight for the past few weeks. These do not claim to be airtight, like the space bags do, so this is a nice bonus. For the price, I have to say that I am very pleased with these so far. I will see what happens when I pull out the clothes in 7 or 8 months!
22 comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Somehow I did not know Ziploc made big bags! I recently discovered them and I am very pleased with them. Prior to this discovery I used a couple of space bags to store my extra pillows and blankets, and I like these bags better!

This bags are made with transparent, strong heavy duty plastic. The bottom has a crease so it expands a little bit to give you more volume. And of course Ziploc zipper (a double zipper) makes it easy to open and close. The bag has a cut-out handle
which makes it easy to carry the bag or even hang it up. These bags are easy to manage, and keep the dust, moth, bugs away from your items. And they are a lot cheaper than plastic containers or space bags.

I use these bags not only for storage in the house, but when I travel. This allows me to pack more stuff into one suitcase and everything is neatly organized. Plus if TSA decide to open a bag for some reason, they are not touching my clothing they can see through the bags.

There are three size options
L = 5 bags that are each 3 Gallon (11.4L) or 1.25 FT. x 1.25 FT.
XL = 4 bags that are each 10 Gallon (37.8L) or 2 FT. x 1.7 FT.
XXL = 3 bags that are each 20 Gallon (75.7L) or 2 FT. x 2.7 FT.

The best price on these I found at Costco, especially when they have a coupon on them in the flyer. Amazon price is is decent, but fluctuates. I found a nice tool that shows history of Amazon prices and allows you to generate alert emails when the price reaches the desired price. If you enter "price history alert" in Google it will be come up at the top, it has the word camel in the name. I find this tool to be very helpful.
0Comment| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 29, 2008
I started using the Space Saver Bags, but found that they ripped easily and let air in, so I tried the Ziploc Big Bags and liked them better. I happened across the Hefty bags and gave them a try and liked them better for two reasons:
1) The handles are better than the Ziploc bags, they don't tear or stretch as much.
2) You can fill it to capacity and still close the bag. When you fill the Ziploc bag up and close it, the second you try to lift it by the handle, it opens again. The Hefty bags' handles are in a better location to keep the bag from reopening. Plus the one-zip mechanism is much easier to use. Unfortunately, they are much harder to find.
44 comments| 132 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 29, 2006
These bags and the XXL Big Bags have replaced all of my Rubbermaid containers for yarn storage. They not only save space, but I can see all of my yarn when I need one certain color or weight. These are a wonderful investment.
on October 24, 2006
On one hand it's a bag, whats the big deal, on the other hand WOW, WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO BRING THIS TO MARKET.

I use it to move things off my boat for the winter, and then keep it dust free while it sits in storage in my basement.

Great product
on May 15, 2008
I love these bags. I am a bit of a neat freak so I find these really useful for organising my home for everything from seasonal clothing to spare bedding. They seal really well so the contents stay nice and fresh even if in storage for some time. Squeeze the air out and you can fit much more into spaces. When travelling we use them for dirty laundry and we pack our clothing in them so we can squeeze the air out and fit more in our cases thus cutting down on the number of cases we need to take. These are great!
on June 16, 2011
I ordered these bags to use as organizers in my suitcase. On my next vacation I will be traveling for 12 days, and spending no more than 2 nights in a row at the same hotel. This means I will be living out of a suitcase and I decided that would be easier if clothing for each day was organized separately. When I take out the clothing for one day, I plan to use the empty bag for my dirty clothing from the previous day. These bags are the perfect size for the intended use and are very sturdy.
on September 2, 2006
I like the idea, but the execution isn't so hot. Every bag I've used has had a leak either out of the box, or it developed when filling it. They seem to be made out of decent quality (heavy mil) plastic, but the seams aren't welded the best. They could use a heavy-duty seam all around. One bag leaked at the bottom where the seam simply didn't exist (it looks like the bag folded during processing). The seams on the other bags looked particularly weak in this same area. So, maybe it's just because they are a new product and need to work out the bugs. Pretty bad quality from a company like Ziploc, and the bags aren't exactly cheap, so I didn't appreciate being their beta tester.

The problem that frustrated me most was that while stuffing the bags with an item that was small enough to fit in the bag, it was borderline getting it to fit through the opening. This made the seam weld for the actual ziploc burst at the corners. I had to use duct tape to seal this long enough to get it into storage.

These bags are okay for keeping out the elements (moldy smells, dust, bugs, etc.) but don't expect them to remain "vacuum" sealed for long after you push out the air. It's best to get them into storage and smashed into wherever you want them before they start expanding. The corner seams burst in another bag too, so they seem weak.

If they fix the seams, make the seal more forgivingly flexible, and make sure it keeps it's airtight seal, I'd be sold. So far, color me unimpressed.