Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Ziploc Freezer Bag, Gallon Size-28 ct
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Size: 28 Count|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon August 24, 2013
In my video, I pour a whole gallon of water in the bag, and it all fits, and I'm able to zip it shut. I was really surprised. Usually companies over-advertise their products, so it's really cool that you can actually fit a whole gallon in this bag.

It's big enough for pretty much any storage need, so I always try to keep some of these around for just in case.

There are thirty of the bags in each package.

Pros:
+Very fancy
+Seals air tight
+Holds a lot of stuff
+Actually has a gallon capacity

Cons:
-Might be a little too deluxe for non-airtight needs
-A gallon bag is pretty big
on November 14, 2011
I'm not opposed to generic brand products in many situations, yet when it comes time to put away our summer harvest, I always reach for two "tried and true" brand names: Ball and Ziplock. The price on these bags through Amazon Subscribe & Save was great. Very pleased. Thank you.
on September 4, 2011
Shipped fast, it is as advertised. I don't know what they cost in the grocery store, but I DO know that I kept forgetting to ask my Wife to get some of these while she was there.
I am using them in a Quake pack, since I live in So Cal, it's just a matter of time.
I also use them for first aid supplies, you can seal them almost all the way closed, place on a pillow or other soft place and squeeze/roll the air out, then seal completely.
The result is almost as good as a vacuum seal for keeping out air/water.

Take care.
on August 17, 2014
Ziplock continues to provide the durability and design I count on for safely freezing fresh foods I buy in quantity. I use them for chicken, beef stew meat and pork chops as well as fresh nuts, seeds and grains (either whole or flour). I usually cook for 1 or 2 days' entrees so I like to freeze "individual" servings of the bulk-purchased poultry or meats by first freezing pieces on a cookie sheet to the point that they will not stick together too stubbornly, and then putting them all together in a ZFB. I love the flavor and chew of whole nuts/seeds/grains but their flavors come in large part from the oils they contain in their whole state, and those oils can turn rancid at room temp before I can use bulk quantities- Ziplocking them up in the freezer keeps them fresh and I can afford a nice variety this way. If there happen to be undetectable bugs or eggs in whole grains or flours, freezing will kill them and I know I won't find my bag of grain walking away in a few weeks. Similarly, I make a couple bulk sauces without seasonings (seasonings to be added fresh at cooking time,) freeze them in ice cube trays, then pop them out into a Ziplock. In my experience bargain brand bags are thinner and seal less reliably allowing loss of flavor and texture.
on March 2, 2014
Does what they are supposed to do. They'll help keep food tasting fresh even if you leave it in the freezer for a few months. I'd recommend double plastic wrapping and then wrapping with foil before placing in these bags.
on March 29, 2016
Recommended by Americas Test Kitchen as the #1 food storage gallon size freezer bag and they really put this bag through tough testing.
I have used several different brands and off-brands of gallon sized freezer bags over the years but have never found any that compare with the quality Ziplock bags offer me.

I do a lot of deep freeze storage and freezer burn is a real issue resulting in a loss of food.
A good, airtight, leak-proof seal on a freezer bag is important to help prevent freezer burn, as well a thick protective plastic. Ziploc brand keeps my freezer food burn free much longer in comparison to other brands I have tried.

These bags are made with a thicker grade plastic than many other freezer bags, you can feel the difference. I like that they are very easy to fill due to an even thicker collar around the top which gives the bag more structure in holing it open and they are easy to close with a double zipper for extra protection at the seal also making it both airtight and leak-proof.
So good I tied my Dash button to them.

I prefer the freezer bags for large things, even moreso than the Storage Bags. The freezer bags are made of a thicker gauge plastic, so they hold up a lot better for, shall we say, more strenuous uses. For example, I don't have a worry about leakage when I use these for marinading meats. I've also pressed them in service for organizing my hiking ruck - as I said, they are more durable than regular old Ziploc bags.

I also like that the bag opening has the flange on it to make opening a sealed bag a lot easier. It seems like a gimmick, but it's a gimmick that actually works.

The gallon freezer bag is something I use regularly - a decent size to be handy for plenty of application. It's a good, no, great product.
on June 20, 2016
I love ziplock. I love how strong they are and that the bag mouth is not the same there is a lip to grab so you are not looking for the opening. I freeze a lot of thing and I want to make sure we don't get freezer burn and ziplock helps me.
on June 11, 2016
I have tried several zip top, gallon-size bags for marinade and for freezer cooking. This brand is by far the best. It does not leak in the refrigerator when filled with marinade and meat. it also does not allow freezer burn to seep in when I fill it with an entire meal place it in the freezer for a few months. well worth the cost.
on June 3, 2014
I don't know what we would do without our Ziploc Freezer bags! They are made for preventing freezer burn, but their uses are only limited by the imagination. We use it to keep toiletries in when traveling (no spillage onto clothes). instead of clipping a chip bag with a chip clip, we pour the contents of the chip bag into one of these. Chips stay fresh and crisp longer. Store out of season clothes in them so that moths can't get to them. The zipper makes it so much easier to open and close than cheaper plastic bags. it opens easier too. The bag doesn't tear apart when you try to open the bag either. I love the product!