Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Size: 32 Count (Pack of 3)Package Type: Standard PackagingChange

First let me say that we use a lot of these things. (More about that later). Secondly it should be noted that we have access to and use this brand and also, from time to time, the "Hefty Slider Bags." To a certain extent the brand we use is dictated by price and what is on sale and what is not. But that being said I must tell you that there is a bit of a difference between the two brands with the primary difference being that the Ziploc Slider Bag - the one being used here, in our experience, is somewhat stronger and the seal is more reliable that the Hefty brand. (More about that later).

These bags, the gallon size, measure 10 9/16 in. x 9 ½ in. x 2 5/8 in. The do indeed hold one gallon liquid. The seal is extremely efficient and easy to use both in opening and closing. We prefer this type of bag over the regular even though it costs a tad more simply because we have had issues with the regular bags where you must create s a seal and squish the two sides together. Often times, even on the best brands, this can be difficult to do and we have found that the seal is not all that reliable at times. As your hands get older, sealing these things become even more of a problem.

We use these bags to freeze produce and indeed, even meat. As an example we buy ground chuck in bulk, break it down into our desired cooking sizes (This varies as we like a selection as to the amount of meat for various dishes, an place the ground chuck in the bag. We then "flatten it out," make sure as much air as possible is removed from the bag and the seal. This allows for much more efficient storage as we can stack the various thinner "sheets" of meat - sort of like you would stack thin books. This saves greatly on freezer space. We have never had a seal break on these things.

We also use these to store left over food as we hate to waste. We also use these bags to marinate meat; placing the meat in a bag, pouring in what ever marinate we are using, seal and let set. This is much more efficient that placing them in a bowel or hard container.

We use these for all sort of vegetables and fruits in addition to meats. We have yet to have any leakage, even with very mushy and liquidy stuff like frozen strawberries for shortcake.

Of course there are dozens upon dozens of non-food uses for these things. We have often used them on canoe trips to store stuff we do not want to get went when we inevitably flip the canoe. They work well for this.

These bags do have an expandable bottom. They assure us that the product is NOT formulated with BPA (Bisphenol A) which is somewhat comforting. It should be noted that these are microwave safe but do be sure you open the top of the bag when used as such.

As I said in the beginning...we do prefer these to the Hefty brand simply because they, in our experience, been more reliable. If you pack the Hefty bags too tightly (Overload them) we find that the seal will often break - not so with the Ziploc...within reason.

This is a good product and we will continue using it.

Don Blankenship
The Ozarks
11 comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 8, 2013
you pay a little more for the zipper attachment; but if you are as frustrated as me with all these useless packages we get with the zip-locks that never line up, this will bring you back to a zen state.
on January 19, 2013
Heavy weight plastic, nice tight seal that stays tight. Love them for so many uses. Works great in the freezers too.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon January 31, 2013
What makes slider bags great compared to the regular pinch close bags is the ease of use. When my grandmother started to get up in years, she began to have dexterity issues. Arthritis made it difficult to pinch closed any bags. These bags are easy fill up, and slide to close. No worries that you may missed sealing a small spot in the middle and then finding out you did by having the bag open/spill on the floor.

These gallon bags are great for storing soups and broths for freezing. They also make ease of prepping food for a meal, and then dumping the contents of the bag into boiling water or popping it on a plate and in the microwave to have dinner done in a flash. Any time you open something without a resealable end, such as candy packaging, it's easy to pop the product in these bags and you are again in control of product freshness. The number of storage uses for these bags are endless.
VINE VOICEon August 2, 2014
I have always been a pink-box storage bag person. I like zippers on my storage bags. I don’t have to mess around with the top to get them to close. And that was before I had arthritis in my hands.

I don’t know why I automatically pick up the pink box brand. This one is just as good. The bags have the same weight to them. The Slider bags are shorter, but they have a base to them that makes it possible to sit the bag upright while pouring something into it.

I often make soups and chilis in the fall and save them in the freezer for the perfect days when we don’t feel like cooking or will not be home. The problem has always been getting them into the bag. Usually it is a two person job. This is a huge improvement. Now I don’t have to wait for a vict-, I mean person, to hold the bag. That could cut down on the splatter too.
on September 30, 2014
These bags are made very cheap! They slider 90% of the time comes off the bag and you cannot get it back on without having to manually pull the bag apart and then half the time the bag rips.....will not be purchasing again.
on February 14, 2013
the slider truly locks in the freshness and is SO MUCH EASIER to use than the other type of ridge lock. my hands are not what they used to be and this takes no effort to open or close. it is worth the slightly higher price
We have always bought Ziplocs, but they were the 1 gallon freezer storage version. These seemed to be a neat idea because they would potentially be better for storing liquids in bags since they can stand upright more easily. So, we tried this for some marinating meat. What we found out was that you have to be more careful with closing the zipper than with the legacy bags. You MUST fuss with it a little and make sure no air hiss comes out when squeezing the sealed bag. In the past, we have found we can be really nonchalant about this step. So, what would have been a five star product is now a three star. It does what it says it will do, but without the customary Ziploc brand ease.
on August 2, 2014
Ziploc Slider Storage Bags Gallon Value Pack 32 ct (Pack Of 3) are great storage bags for food and just about anything. Sometimes, you will get a faulty slider. Overall, a great deal. For approx $13 for a pack of three via AMAZON PRIME shipping, this a good deal. If you buy them via the AMAZON Subscribe and save, you save approx two more dollars. Ziploc are great bags and worth the Amazon price.
Being single, I tend to end up with a lot of leftovers. And so, I end up going through a bunch of food storage and freezer bags of various sizes.

I've been using these Ziploc sliders for a long time, after trying just about every other variety -- the kind that you just squeeze shut, "triple" seal, and other brands of sliders. These are still my favorite storage bags.

"Storage" is the key word here -- these are NOT freezer bags. The plastic is thinner. They'll work in the freezer, but won't provide the same level of protection, so you won't want to use them for long-term freezer storage. But for storing leftovers in the fridge, or repackaging in smaller quantities for storage, they're just fine.

These have a pleated bottom that allows them to stand up, making filling easier. They're also microwave safe -- just open the slider an inch or so to vent, but be careful (the usual warnings about microwave reheating apply here ... ).

The slider provides a good seal that is *usually* leak proof. I say "usually" because tiny manufacturing variances can cause the seal to leak very slightly once in awhile. If 100% "leak proof" is critically important, you might want to look elsewhere. But they are *definitely* leak resistant, and that's good enough for me.

I also use them to store craft supplies, and for packing toiletries and other items when I travel. They're wonderful for that.

Yes, these are more expensive than the "economy brands" -- but they perform considerably better than their cheaper counterparts.