Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 12, 2011
DVD headrests are the most popular form of headrests. Headrest DVD players also offer a great solution for your mobile video needshere are quite a few expensive sets out there that run more than double the price, but often have unneccessary stuff; built-in games, dvd player, etc. All I wanted was a screen, that can be hidden, with at least two inputs. Most of these sets seem to have 234 * 480 resolution, which sounds kinda bad compared to the higher end (sounding) 480 * 800 sets, but I was surprised at how well they do the job. Playing from my ipod looks great. Screen can be made to get bright and colors are not any less washed out than on an iPod screen.

I bought these mainly because they have that "normal" look to them. The headrest is sleek looking, but when zipped you cant tell it cost over $100. Nobody will be peaking in your window. Leather material is good quality and seems tough, shouldn't break or flake.

Installing two of these took me no more than 20 minutes and was very simple. It comes with an assortment of rods so that the set will fit tight inside your seat. Only issue here is that unless you use the stock poles, you can't height adjust the new set. The additional sizes they include do not have the notches, which also results in a little bit of wobble if you grab it and shake. But resting height was perfect in my car so it wasn't a problem.

The internal speakers are pretty cheap sounding but you can output to your cars speakers or a headset. Set sounds great over my car speakers. I'm very happy I bought these sets. I didn't see any reviews for them, nor for any of the other sets I was looking at for that matter, so I was skeptical going in. More than met my expectations, though.
on November 20, 2009
I wasn't expecting much for the price but it is actually a really nice package!

As for the installation... I installed this in our Lincoln Aviator in the first and second row seats...
The installation is simple as long as you're comfortable popping open panels to find the 12V source for power. The rest is simply feeding the wires down the back of the seat and finding a place to put wrap them up.

The only thing I didn't like was that the headrest adapter sleeve fit the hole perfect but no longer locks the headrest in place making it a projectile waiting to happen if it weren't for the wires holding in the seat. The easy fix is just to clamp the shaft to the adapter sleeve and it doesn't move anymore but is no longer height adjustable (not that I ever use it).

Overall, a very good value and I would definitely use this a similar option again when outfitting our next family hauler...
on November 23, 2012
Our kids LOVE these units. I was very hesitant initially due to the low price and that it wasn't from the car manufacturer but these units are much more than we expected. We do a lot of traveling, have a 2009 Toyota highlander and owned a plug in, dual rear DVD player prior to this purchase. Some of the best features with this unit for us was 1) no wires for the kids (ages 2- girl and 5-boy) to pull or trip on or running into the front seat, getting stuck between the seats. 2) being able to play 2 different movie with or without the head phone use. No more arguing over what movie to watch. We also really like that the players always go back to the place where the movie stopped, even if the DVD was removed. As with other reviews, the installation instructions were vague and difficult to follow especially if not familiar with AV equipment or wiring. We took ours to a local nationally known garage, who installed it and charged just one hour of labor. (They did have to adapt the insert sleeves to fit correctly and not be too loose. One small downfall is that we can't adjust the headrests anymore which isn't as issue for us. The included headphone and FM transmission are really easy to set up and have good sound. The remote is universal as long as it is pointed to the unit being controlled. We haven't used the video games. The gray units match fairly well with Toyota gray leather seating and we don't notice a difference unless you really look closely in bright lighting. So far, we are really pleased with the purchase and have recommended them to numerous friends and families especially those with 2 or more children.
on January 23, 2014
I installed these myself, was painless. Both are flawless. The color and fabric were a good match in our '08 jeep. The cross feed to either unit is a great idea, but I don't know when our grandchildren will ever want to watch the same movie Ha Ha. The manual doesn't mention it, but there are over a THOUSAND old NES games on the games disc. The problem of selecting the right one is a chore, so I had to print out a log of all the games with thier numbers so you can go directly to one in particular by keying in the number with the keypad on the remote, then switch to the gamepad to play. Also, the listing is not clear as to whether or not they come with the headphones, so I ordered a pair, just in case, well, now I have a spare set, 'nuf said.
on September 10, 2012
I really enjoy it. It has been almost six month. So many DVD options not just limited to very few. My kids enjoy it. It is much cheaper to have it installed this way than buying a fully loaded car that only comes with one dvd. My recommendation is have it installed by a professional. I found it very sophisticated to install myself.
55 comments| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 22, 2009
My 3 years old daughter absolutely loves it.
For the first few weeks she would want to watch
her cartoons on both monitors at the same time.
Now she knows how to turn them On and OFF so me or
my wife or whoever is driving does not have to take
the eyes of the road and hands off the wheel.
Games are not too bad, but I don't play them. The ability
to read SD and USB gorgeous.
We love it. But it.
on November 21, 2014
Come one, come all and see the first ever disposable headrest DVD players. Looking for a way to blow $350 for temporary relief from crying on long car trips? Seeking the opportunity to abhor a vendor who takes your money and deviously laughs as they refuse to respond about warranty questions? Do you despise the idea of a product that will last long enough to justify the purchase? - Well do we have a deal for you!!!!

The good - I purchased these at a reasonably good price and expected average-at-best production from the units. I have taken two longish road trips with these and they have been a dream in keeping my 2-year-old daughter semi-quiet in the back seat...

The bad - We are approximately 8 months into usage and one of the units has completely burned up (won't even turn on anymore) and the other stops playing discs randomly but shows it is still powered on. Basically, I now have two headrests that cost about $350 after professional installation fees which are now no different than the originals except they have zippers with broken electronics on the back. I have made two attempts to contact the seller and they have not responded.

Oh, and the thing about the rattling that the other reviews discuss; that is true. These did not fit snug in my 2013 Kia Sorento, so you can hear the headrest pins rattling while you drive. This wasn't a deal-breaker for me, just an FYI.

PLEASE FOR HEAVEN SAKE SPEND YOUR MONEY SOMEWHERE ELSE! Go buy a fleet of goats to eat the grass in your backyard; get a motion sensored toilet seat raising device to squelch the wife's unwillingness to reach down and grasp the throne cushion; purchase a collection of Subtle Butt to relieve your surrounding co-workers from your noxious anal breezes. Anything! Just not this!
on July 20, 2014
I have had these DVD headrests for about a month and I love them. My kids can watch whatever they want on their own TVs on long road trips. Included are headphones that sound very good even though they look and feel cheap. My only one complaint is that the posts are thinner than those on my 2013 Passat so the headrest are somewhat wobbly. My seats are gray so I ordered them in gray but the color is a little darker that the originals. None of these complaints would make me return or make me regret purchasing them. Function is great and not incredibly complicated. You can watch the same thing or different movies on the two screens. On the headphones you can listen to the two different movies playing. If you are looking for DVD headrests these are a good choice.
on July 4, 2013
I have a two year old and a three year old that like to watch their DVDs as Mom/Dad drive down the road. Having the independence to watch the same DVD or different DVD's is a huge plus. The picture is great, the zippers to hide them gives us comfort as we leave the car unattended in parking lots. Set-up was quite easy, I took the advice of a neighbor and spliced the cord from our Philips dual screen DVD so the headrest DVD can be powered by the cigarette lighter.

The only reason that I dropped it a star is because the sound is weak, but the headphones that came with it or the portable speakers plugged in give the kids the competing sound they love.

I'm very happy (besides the slight sound issue) and would recommend them to anyone.
on December 31, 2013
These players look great. I like how easy it is to play a movie on one and watch on both. The only thing I don't like is that not all movies play correctly. My son had been watching his favorite Dora movie in the house, but when we tried to watch in the van it wouldn't play. I have noticed this with other movies as well.