Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:58 Mins
My first video product review, a review of the biohazard Zippo lighter.
Published on February 10, 2011 by Tony G

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well. Bad hinge.
Published on July 1, 2010 by MidwestAS

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like Zippos or Biohazard and don't have this, that needs to change, February 10, 2011
Length:: 0:58 Mins

My first video product review, a review of the biohazard Zippo lighter.

5.0 out of 5 stars It looks really cool., May 15, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
:::Side Note:::it does not come with Lighter fluid inside, so you might want to buy some if your purchasing this.

I like this Lighter because the decor doesnt look like a fake sticker, it looks very nice. It fits in the palm of your hand and is very sturdy feeling.

This is the first time I have purchased a quality re-fillable lighter. It even came with instructions on how to refill the lighter. Which, for me was a plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasently Surprised, February 11, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
My past experience with the "zippo" lighters has always ended with disappointment. But then again those were little cheap nameless brand zippo style lighters. They only cost $1 each. Those were terrible. They needed to be refilled twice a day and leaked constantly, so it's no surprise I was reluctant to purchase another zippo lighter. Much to my amazement, the name brand does make a different. This is a fantastic lighter. It only needs to be refilled about once every 1 1/2 - 2 weeks or so. It produces a rather large flame. The print is high quality, meaning it's not going to peel off or smudge or anything, not that the design matters that much but if you're going to spend $20 on a lighter, it might as well be a lighter with all the bells and whistles that appeal to you. There's not a whole lot to report about this lighter. It hasn't let me down and honestly I'm just glad I didn't spend $20 on something I'll regret. If you're looking for something a little more flashy to enhance your smoking experience then I would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, works well. Bad hinge., July 1, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
This is a wicked looking lighter, and if you are getting it just for display, I'd recommend it to anybody. That being said, if you actually plan on using this lighter at all, I'd recommend you get a different Zippo. The Zippo I received had a loose wobbly hinge. It locked down tight but it wobbles side to side, and the gas leaks out faster than if it were a tight fitting hinge. Very mediocre, I thought Zippo had better quality control. Maybe I got a lemon? I have another Zippo (street brushed chrome or something like that) and it came in superb condition. The fit and finish was great. This Zippo doesn't quite measure up. 2 Stars off for the Hinge, otherwise the insert and finish of the case are a-w-e-s-o-m-e.

5.0 out of 5 stars NICE, includes flint BTW, September 10, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
First thing, to any new zippo buyers (like me) this does include a flint and wick, just not the fuel, I didn't know if it had a flint or not so I bought some as well. When I got it I was surprised to find a flint in it.

As for the actual lighter, it's a zippo. Enough said LOL, I'm not a good person to review this as an everyday lighter because I don't smoke. I just always wanted a zippo and this looked awesome (and at $17 definitely worth it). So far I just love it, it's extremely easy to add fuel, and replace the flint, and it's just fun to flick it and light it.

A few things, like all zippos this isn't child proof, meaning it stays lit until you close the cap, which IMO is nice. Also it's windproof, so it's good for camping and stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars this thing rocks!!, June 2, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
got mine in the mail today. the finish looks awesome the hinge has a good weld and the internals are brand new. it comes with a wick and a single flint both already in it. the only bad thing is that it doesnt come with fuel. thats understandable tho. i ran out to my local gander mountain to grab some zippo fuel but they DONT stock zippo fuel wtf?! anyways i found some at the speedway down the street so GIGGITY GIGGITY

4.0 out of 5 stars its a zippo for the apocalypse, November 9, 2013
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
Well, what is there to say? Its a zippo, 22 parts and 108 manufacturing steps.

(This review technically applies to ALL original zippos, but since I bought this one...)

These zippos are extremely reliable reusable lighters, zippo claims that "no one has spent a cent on repairs" (paraphrase), and from what IVE seen, I honestly believe that. All (geniune) zippos are made in the US, with the year it was made engraved on the bottom

I only took 1 star off for minor details
(This particular zippo)
1. Only has the biohazard symbol on one side, the other is a jet black matte finish (which I read from other reviews)
2. mine came without fuel, which is probably for shipping reasons, alought it could be zippo

SIDE NOTE: if you don't have any flints or lighter fluid (NOT BUTANE), I highly suggest buying some

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok, August 26, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
First off the hazerdous logo is only on one side,but it still dose the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Lighter, Speedy Delivery, December 4, 2010
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
First off, I should say that I'm not a smoker, nor have a ever owned a lighter. However, my boyfriend is a smoker, so I bought this as a Christmas gift for him. I don't know what kind of lighter he currently has, but I do remember him complaining about it before. I don't know a thing about lighters, but I wanted to get him a good quality one. I did some research and I discovered the Zippo brand. While looking through different Zippo lighters, I saw this one and knew without a doubt that this was the one for him; it had his name written all over it. I placed my order on November 29th, and it arrived today, December 4th. I was pleasantly surprised because the estimated arrival date was December 7th. The lighter came in a black box that said Zippo on it, and that box came in a slightly larger brown Amazon.com box with a bag of air to keep the lighter safe. The lighter is gorgeous in person and the hazardous symbol with the blood is just so awesome. I also ordered a gift box with fluid and flints to go along with the lighter. I can't wait to see the look on my boyfriend's face when he sees this. I know he'll love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad lighter, October 9, 2009
This review is from: Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter (Sports)
I've had mine for over a year now, and use it exclusively. There is nothing wrong with the quality of this product. I've dropped it on a variety of hard surfaces over time, and there isn't so much as a chip in the paint.

The only "issue" I could claim, is there is a little bit of a wiggle in the hinge, but that's to be expected. I've owned many Zippo lighters over the past 25 years, and they ALL develop this problem within a few months. It's nothing to worry about though. They may wiggle a bit, but I've never had a hinge give out on me. I haven't had to send one back under the lifetime warranty yet.

Zippo Hazardous Black Matte Lighter