Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

Color: High Polish Brass|Change

on January 7, 2010
It's not just brass. It's polished brass. High polished brass. And it's a Zippo. You do the math (or just check out the pictures).
review image review image
on December 7, 2010
This is a REALLY nice lighter. I've owned many Zippo lighters and this is one of my favorites. Very quality construction, hinge works great, the lid aligns perfectly with the casing and it closes very tightly and securely. This is everything to expect from a genuine Zippo lighter. I hate to carry my Zippos with nicer finishes in my pocket due to scratches and other hazards but this one is my new "everyday lighter" that I plan on carrying with me for years.
review image review image review image review image review image
on August 23, 2013
Quality Zippo and shinier than expected. The one I received was made in May of 2013!! This lighter is a lot cooler in-person and definitely worth your money. Mostly brass with Lifetime Warranty. Made in the U.S.A..... obviously
review image review image review image
on March 5, 2013
This Zippo has a nice classy design - nice brass finish and as always great Zippo reliability. I have sent broken lighters back in the past and they always fix them send them back free of charge. Even sent me a few free flints...what a cool company
TOP 100 REVIEWERon July 8, 2014
Somehow I have acquired a lot of Zippo's over the years. This is a good one, and a favorite. Only 4 Stars instead of 5 Stars because this model, weirdly, has the words 'Solid Brass" stamped right in the middle of the front, which prevents any kind of customized engraving there. So choose a different Brass model if you are going to engrave this as a gift.

I like the brushed brass finish. It develops a nice patina from use. Nice solid 'click'. Classic Zippo build quality.

I know I don't need to explain or praise Zippo here. It's THE classic American lighter, since before WW2. Great info and company history on Wikipedia.

Compare this with the 1941-model brass Zippo and see which you prefer. Another of my favorites are the black matte 'bakelite' Zippo's, both regular and slim size, definitely check those out as well.

Gotta love Zippo's. Hope this is helpful. Enjoy!

PS This model now has the 'SOLID BRASS' marking directly on the front and center, which means it's in the way, taking up the space where you would want to engrave it if you are giving it as a gift (groomsmen, anniversaries, birthdays etc). This is foolish bad design, and annoying, and may not be obvious to you from the Amazon photo. I mention this so you won't be unpleasantly surprised.
Zippo, you need to move the 'SOLID BRASS' marking back to the bottom or the back spine below the hinge. It doesn't belong on the front face and shouldn't be placed there.
on May 29, 2011
great lighter I love the polished brass look, it scratches very easily I've had mine for like 6-7 months and mine is pretty scratched up by now but I'm sure a good polishing should make it look like new again. Overall very happy with the lighter no complaints. It's a zippo.
on July 21, 2011
Very classy design with shiny mirror like finish. Mine has light horizontal brush marks across the finish and appears to be susceptible to scratching but I expect that will only add to it's charm over time. Case and insert dates matched as they should.
on September 7, 2012
Great Quality just as you'd expect from Zippo, I bought this for 34.95 at my local smoke shop which is still cheaper than the current price with shipping on here plus they filled it for free. Bright shiny gold colored brass. The instructions say it'll need to be polished every once in a while to keep the shine. The Design is etched in and on one side like in the product photo (I'll try to upload my own too) there's a small little box which I assume is to engrave a name or anything you want, which i might do later. Very fancy and classy looking lighter, I always keep it in my pocket for lighting my cigs.
review image review image review image review image review image review image
on June 11, 2012
I bought this to complement my Buck knife, which has brass bolsters. It's a Zippo. I like it. I also like that the insert is also a high-polish brass finish, instead of the usual silver insert, so it goes along with the lighter instead of having contrast like you do with some other finishes.
on April 28, 2015
Hands down, this is a fantastic lighter. I originally bought it about four years ago on Amazon and am attaching pictures of what it looks like today with moderate use. Notice, the zippo literally looks great still—AFTER YEARS AND YEARS OF USE! I have tried the cheap bic lighters, which are also good. But if you're looking to seriously make a boss statement about yourself, then get this lighter. The quality is truly solid.
review image review image