Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 1, 2005
Updated review after several months of use.

Initially, I received the 2004 model at 2005 prices. I sent this back because a) 2004 models were on sale for less, and b) according to several websites, the 2005 model is supposed to be good up to 45# as opposed to 33#, the Graco Snugride is supposed to snap into the 2005, plus some other features.

Be aware that there is a 2005 model and a 2005 1/2. I have the 2005 1/2 which comes with the cupholder. I'm not aware of the other differences. No cupholder = older model, and apparently you can't buy the cup holder seperately.

So I ordered a 2005 1/2 Zippy in Red/Navy/Light Gray. I really liked the idea of the Snugride snapping in place and that the stroller would have a longer usable life.

The Graco does not seem to snap into place and there are no directions that indicate that it does. Maybe the back hook clicks onto the safety rail(lap bar), but this would still allow for the seat to tip backwards, pivoting at this point. Nothing secures to the hooks on the bottom of the seat and there aren't any other points for it to "click" into that I can find.
A point of confusion for me was that I think it came with the old 2004 instruction booklet, because the booklet states that the weight limit is 33#. Also, the 2005 instruction booklet was not available at the time on the Inglessina website. The Inglessina website did confirm that the 2005 has a 45# weight limit.

PROS....

-EASIEST STROLLER TO OPEN & CLOSE by far!!! I tested the Graco's and Perg Preggo's at the store. I had all but settled on the Graco Metrolite for the price, and the fact that my Graco car seat would easily and safely snap into place. Although, both of these other manufacturers claim to make strollers that can be opened/closed with one hand, I think I need three and a foot. They were not easy. The Zippy was the only one that was truly easy to open. Love that.

I have now used this stroller for several months. I have no problems holding baby in one arm while taking out the stroller and setting it up with the other arm, or the reverse of folding it up and placing it back in the trunk. It is light and easy to use.

-Also, the way it closes does not drag the seat or other parts on the ground.
-It collapses in two directions, taking up less space than others.
-It can stand on it's wheels when closed.
-Good suspension
-Easy to recline the seat.
-5 point harness
-Nice big sunshade

CONS

-short or tall, everyone ends up kicking the wheels when they stroll.
(I find I kick the wheels less now, but typically this means I am either slouching, which holds the stroller further from my feet, or walking deliberatly with feet midline between the wheels)

-infant car seats have to be strapped into place

-cup holder doesn't stay in place. Gets knocked out of place easily inspite of being fully latched on. Not a big deal. Works fine with my 24 oz water bottle.

-sun shade, albeit large, is near useless if the sun is not behind you. A bit confused by other reviewers who state the canopy goes to the bar? It doesn't on mine, at least not in the fully reclined position. I typically bring a receiving blanket with us, drapping it over the front and tucking it in to the edge of the shade if the sun is in baby's face.

Overall, very happy with this stroller.
If you want to save $, consider getting an older model. If you're paying top dollar, might as well make sure you're getting the latest and greatest.
on October 5, 2005
This stroller has been great from the first days of my daughter's life. It is so easy to use...the one handed fold is just perfect and it is not heavy at all - getting it in and out of the car is a breeze. While I like almost everything about it, the best part of it is the recline. It was great that we did not HAVE to use the car seat when she was a newborn. We had our daughter in May, so we spent the summer using this and the car seat would really get hot. It was nice to be able to just lay her in the stroller and also give her some room to move around. We did use the car seat (Graco Snugride) a few time and it fit perfectly...we didn't even need to use the straps that came with the stoller. It is perfect for everyday use...and we use it almost everyday.
on July 17, 2005
When I went to my local BRU about 8 months ago to purchase a lightweight stroller for my soon to be newborn, I only found a large stroller to coenside with my carrier.

Well now my children are 5.5 years old, 2 years old, and 7 months old. I saw the Zippy at BRU and planned on purchasing it, but I did not see the newer 2005 model, so I ordered it online. Its truly fantastic and a terrific getaway from my double!

1. The stroller came quickly (within the week) and was purchased off of Amazon. When it came, ours wasnt damaged, and all we had to do was attatch the snack bar, the canopy, and the wheels.

2. The stroller is very compact, yet not flimsy. I found it to be VERY lightweight, easy to carry or lift. I can fold my Zippy with one hand (seems to be an improvement on the 2004) and its VERY compact once folded. The Zippy can navigate through any rack at the mall, and I doubt there will be a place that you can fit, that the Zippy cannot. Its very sturdy and doesnt wobble on gravel grass, or any slightly "rough terrain".

3. The stroller is also very comfortable for a baby. Its VERY well padded, more so than the 2004 model. It reclines all the way, and when I do this (two hands) it doesnt wake the baby. The stroller also includes a five-point harness, which is essential to keep a child inside the stroller. Its easy to use, and my 7 month old seems to have no problems with it either. The snack bar is really useless for snacks, but I can attatch a stroller toy, or a string with his pacifier/bottle onto it, so its still great. You can also flip up the foot rest for the baby, so they wont slide out. *****You could also purchase the bassinet thing, it attatches to the Zippy making it great for newborns***** I also LOVE the large canopy found on the Zippy. Its sturdy, and easy to use. It can extend all the way to the bar infront of the baby, and has a window! Just think if it started to rain, no need for a rain cover, just pull down the canopy and flip up the footrest, a fortress for your bundle of joy!

4. The parents should be just as pleased as the baby! We get nice, tall handle bars with a comfortable grip... My husband is 6"2 and has NO problems pushing the stroller, nor do his feet hit the wheels (VERY common problem in smaller strollers). They also gave us a cupholder, which seems to resemble that on the Peg Perego strollers, flimsy. I would NEVER trust it with a hot beverage, but as of now, a small water bottle fits inside of it perfectly. I wish the Zippy still had pockets on the canopy, but oh well. The basket is still small, but seems to be a bit larger than that of the older model. We are able to fit our very small diaper bag (filled only with neccesities) and a blanket inside of the basket. We could also fit jackets, my purse, or a few toys inside as well. When we go out shopping with the Zippy, the purchases are kept hanging from the handles, yet this doesnt take away from the performance of this wonderful stroller.

I would defiantly recomend any parent in the market for a compact, yet sturdy and relaible stroller, to choose the Zippy, and preferable the new and improved 2005 model!
on November 23, 2005
One day while browsing for a car seat we discovered and fell in love with the Inglesina Zippy stroller. Even my daugther liked this one, she did not want to get out of it at the store. Although the basket underneath is small and hard to get to, the light weight, handling and size had me on "hello!" It is by far the best. Don't forget the legendary one-hand fold stroller feature.
on December 15, 2005
I searched long and hard for a stroller (perhaps a bit obsessed with baby carrying!) and am quite pleased with this stroller. Lighter than the other full service umbrella strollers, but full of functionality - most importantly, LIGHTWEIGHT and easy to fold with one hand at the airplane with baby in other arm. It has adequate storage, reclines almost entirely, which is important for a young baby, and has a good harness. If the stroller had longer arms, or adjustable handlebar height, I would say it is perfect. I am 5'10 and it is definitely too short. I make due and have learned how to avoid kicking the wheels, but adjustable handlebars would be great!!
on September 12, 2005
I bought this stroller after seeing these great reviews. It was very nice at very beginning, great one-hand folding system, smooth ride, full recline, nicely padded seat and very light and compact. But after one month of light use, I decided to return it because of the following reasons:

1)The wheels start making squeaking noise, and become harder and harder to wheel around;

2)The footrest can not close for small baby. My daughter is just two months old, and slides a little in the seat.

3)The seat recline system has some functional problem. From fully up position going down is fine, but after my daughter trying to sit up a little bit from fully reclined position, the spring is always loose and the seat can not click into position rightaway. It takes some work from both hands and I need to manually put the tab back to its position.

Of course, there are some cons I know before I bought it, as small canopy, no sun shade for full recline position at all; very small basket, very hard to reach.

I am not sure if the stroller is not so durable or I just have bad luck, but for that price, I would like to expect better quality from Inglesina.
on April 19, 2006
I really like this stroller it's light weight and for the first time it actully does what it says; you really can fold it with one hand and pretty much unfold with one hand also. It's got a great reclining seat that lay's almost completely flat. The only thing is the universal carseat adapter is a little hard to attatch at first and requires a snap on each side when installing, but it does work, I have a Graco Safe seat, which is a little bigger than the Snug-ride, and it fits nicely and snug once secured with the straps for the car seat. Over-all i'm really glad a I chose this stroller!!!
on April 8, 2006
This stroller handles very well in all terrains we've tried it on -- city sidewalks, malls, light gravel paths. Its lightweight feature and easy fold mechanism are real pluses, considering the number of times parents typically lift it in/out of the car trunk. All in all, it's everything we had expected. The only downside is the atrocious level of customer service I received from Inglesina when I contacted them about a potential warranty issue. I left various messages on their customer service voice mailbox (as no one ever seems to answer the phone) and received NO RESPONSE from their main office whatsoever. Although the stroller seems to work well, completely ignoring a customer's calls--especially when they relate to issues covered under their warranty--is completely unacceptable. If you are considering laying out the expense for this item, be forewarned not to expect too much from responsiveness from their customer service department.
on February 25, 2006
I love this stroller. I spent months looking at every stroller I could find. I wanted a European looking stroller that was easy to use as we were moving to Japan shorly after the babys birth and we would be taking the trains a lot. This fit the bill. It is so easy to use and fold. I also purchased the bassinet as she was born in May and we took lots of walks. It is easy to attach and detach and fits easily in my trunk. It also looks great. I have used the car seat strps many times going through airports and train stations and have not had one bit of worry. She is definately secured to the stroller. I have also purchased about every attachment available and they all work great. My daugher is very comfortable in this stroller. We use it every single day as we walk everywhere and the stroller has really held up. 9 months later, it still looks and feels like new! I highly recommend it.
on March 3, 2006
Before my son's birth, I received the Graco Quattro Windsor stroller. It's a great stroller for around the neighborhood but due to it's weight and bulk, it's horrible for travel. So, I turned to the reviews for help. After reading many of them, I decided on the 2005 1/2 Zippy in Red/Navy. And it's been great! It's easy to open and close with one hand, lightweight for plane travel, easy to control and to top it off very stylish. I also love that it stays standing when closed. One tip - the wheels must be in the unlocked position while closing in order for it to stay standing. My 2 month old at the time slept comfortably due to the fully reclining back. Most umbrella-fold strollers don't have this option. The underside storage area is a bit small but I was still able to get a half full diaper bag underneath. Thanks again to all the reviewers out there!