Zircon MultiScanner i520 OneStep 60576 Metal Detectors
|i520 Scanning Modes |
Stud Scan mode for finding studs in drywall.
DeepScan mode for finding studs and joists in thicker walls, floors, and ceilings.
Metal Scan mode for finding pipes or other metal. Metal Scan mode can also help find studs in lath and plaster walls.
Electrical Scan mode for locating live, unshielded AC wires.
Zircon's Top-of-the-Line Multifunction Scanner for Finding Studs, Metal, and Electrical
Watch the i520 in action.
See how all the features of an i520 are used.
Our Best Scanner
The MultiScanner i520 is the most advanced wall scanner that Zircon makes. It has 4 scanning modes:
- STUD SCAN mode locates the edges and center of wood or metal studs in normal walls up to 3/4 inch (19 mm) deep
- DEEPSCAN mode doubles the scanning depth for walls up to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) deep, and enables scanning for joists in some ceilings and floors
- METAL SCAN mode detects non-ferrous metal, such as copper pipes, up to 1 1/2 inches (38 mm) deep, and ferrous metal, such as rebar, up to 3 inches (76 mm) deep
- AC SCAN mode finds and traces live, unshielded electrical wiring up to two inches deep
In addition to the scanning modes, the i520 is packed with other original and patented features:
- WireWarning detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded electrical wire up to 2 inches (51 mm) deep in stud and metal scanning modes. Most wires in homes are run along wall studs, causing potential safety hazards.
- ACT (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common user errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud. The tool constantly scans its surroundings and recalibrates itself if necessary.
- An ultra-bright LCD screen indicates direction, edges and center of studs. Makes the screen easier to see in low-light situations.
- The display screen, SpotLite Pointing System, and audio tone all indicate the location of the target.
- A signal strength indicator lets you distinguish between shallow and deep targets. Weak signal strength can also imply other non-stud objects, like wires and pipes.
The i520 is a perfect choice for serious users, such as home improvement hobbyists and professional contractors. Not sure if the i520 is what you need? See the grid below to decide which center-finding tool is right for you.
Zircon introduced the first stud finders over 25 years ago. We're a smaller, more focused company than our competitors, but thanks to our reputation for engineering and customer service, our brand dominates the stud finder market domestically and abroad. The Handyman Club of America, and their official publication, Handy Magazine, have awarded Zircon's MultiScanner i520 their seal of approval after a round of extensive member testing. The i520 earned a 9.0 (out of 10) overall rating and a whopping 99% approval rating from Handyman Club Members.