4.0 out of 5 stars Wide angle is the way to go
Published 22 months ago by ycart69

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
This is ok in the day but is pretty much useless at night. But for the price, you can't really have your cake and eat it. You really get what you pay for.
Published 21 months ago by Izz

4.0 out of 5 stars Wide angle is the way to go, January 2, 2013
This review is from: Zmodo Wide Angle 3.6mm Lens CCTV 480TV Line Weatherproof 65ft IR Night Vision Security Camera with 50ft BNC male & DC Power Cable (Electronics)
I have an 8 camera Night Owl DVR system that came with 6mm Lens camera's. The only problems with the 6mm aperture is that they displays almost a zoomed in view, very small area. I previously had few cheap Harbour Freight camera's hooked up to a PC. They had the 3.6mm wide angle lens and it shown much more area. So I found these camera's on Amazon and the price was decent, and for a few dollars more it came with cables. My thought was that it would be nice to have extra cables for backups. At first I was wondering how to mount the cameras from the top. Basically I removed the Sheild and the Mount screws into the shield mount hole. The wide angle View now shows all of our back patio for the rear camera, and the whole front drive and steps to the front door for our front camera. And all of the breezway with the same mounting locations. I just had to mount them and unplug the old camera's and plug in these. 1 camera in the garage shows almost all of the garage. Nice. The night vision is slightly better than the Night Owl camera's. Color is decent but a little washed out, But better than the Night Owl Cameras. Overall I'm happy with the purchase I bought 4 of these, there were sets of 4 similar ZModo camera's that were much cheaper, but they did not say what Apperture the Lens was. So that scared me away. I really wanted to make sure it was wide angle. So I went ahead and bought these. Not Dissapointed at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, January 21, 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Other, better, options available at this price, October 26, 2014
This was a pretty disappointing product, even for the low $30 price tag. The headline says 480TV lines, but the box says 600. I would estimate it is a poor 480 lines. I would expect it to have a pretty decent wide angle of view, but compared to my other 3 cameras, it's actually a smaller field of view (they are all 3.6mm). Additionally, even in full sunlight, it washes out color so that almost everything looks black and white.

I bought two of these, and have one of these installed currently. I'm going to give it a week or so and see if I can live with it or if it's worth the hassle to return both.

Comparing this to a VideoSecu IR24W, it is so much more disappointing, and at the same price point! If I do decide to climb up the ladder and take this down and return it, I'll order a couple more of the VideoSecu models.

5.0 out of 5 stars These cameras are night vision (balck and white) and have excellent focus and range, July 9, 2014
Bought three of these to supplement our Zmodo four camera DVR kit. We added a PTZ to round out the system with 8 cameras. These cameras are night vision (balck and white) and have excellent focus and range.

5.0 out of 5 stars Night Watch, June 23, 2014
It's really nice that we have these cameras around our house. Since installing them we haven't had one instance of trouble. I believe thieves see the cameras and avoid our house. Great product easy to use and install.

5.0 out of 5 stars great nite visoin, June 9, 2014
i realy like your products i have your dvr it been working 2 years and its neaver let me down this 65ft ir night works great

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product., October 2, 2013
I have installed these cameras, and find them to be very good product. I have some cameras from other brands, much more expensive, that do not approach the4se in quality and performance. I have recommended them to my son, who also has a CCTV system.

5.0 out of 5 stars zmodo, October 28, 2014
this zmodo wide angle 3.6mm work the best I could see if any walk in the yard,

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, August 6, 2014
Excellent at night and in close quarters

5.0 out of 5 stars Such an Improvement!, September 14, 2014
Picture so much better than before.