5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!
Published on May 16, 2011 by Perla Gisselle

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt out after 2 months
Published on April 23, 2012 by Megan Farris Patrick

1.0 out of 5 stars Burnt out after 2 months, April 23, 2012
This review is from: Zoe 4708 Polkadot Professional Hair Dryer with Concentrator and Diffuser, White and Black with Dots (Health and Beauty)
I am very disappointed in this dryer. I, like everyone else, liked it when I bought it. It works quickly and is lightweight and easy to use. I also liked the variety of attachments. Unfortunately, I've only had it for about 2 months (using it 5-6 times a week) and it has gone out. It no longer heats above lukewarm. My last dryer lasted for 10 years-- very disappointed in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, May 16, 2011
This blow dryer was amazing! I am black and I have very thick and temperamental hair. It usually takes me FOREVER to blow it dry but with this blow dryer, my hair was dry in under 10 minutes. I was blown away (no pun intended) by the power of something so lightweight. It was also very quiet, for a blow dryer. I previously used a Vidal Sassoon 1875 Ion-Select blow dryer and it was just SO loud. I would always get a slight ringing in my ears after I was done using it. I stumbled upon this at Target, and I will honestly say that the design attracted me more than the features. After I read the features, I decided to buy it and I do not regret it. I definitely recommend it for all types of hair. If it can work on mine, it can work on anybody's.

1.0 out of 5 stars short in the cord, burns hot, August 9, 2012
My dryer has a short in the cord and you have to hold it just right to keep the electricity working. It also seems to blow too hot. I have smelled my hair burning at times using it. I am starting to notice where the cord enters the dryer, the covering over the wires seems dull looking and it's making me wonder if the wires are getting too hot and it is going to catch fire one day. I'm wondering if it should be recalled if others are also having problems with their dryers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for Curly Hair!!, May 5, 2011
Before this hair dryer I HATED to dry my hair. I'd rather sit around at wait a few hours for my curly hair to dry naturally than leave the house with a head of crazy frizzed out curls of all different sizes and alot of the time I'd have strange straight pieces all over. The first time using this dryer I noticed how good it felt in my hand, not too heavy but not light like some cheap dryers can be. It takes me some time to get the look I want with the diffuser and it helped that I did not have to put it down and take a break for my hands(they usually get so tired from drying my long hair). I love the different settings, especially the lowest which none of my previous dryers have had. The diffuser attachment is the perfect size and has just the right amount of prongs to seperate hair(which cannot be said for most of the diffusers out there right now) and I also noticed the unique design of the holes that let air through which are not found on many diffusers(which in my mind is kind of silly considering what a diffuser is supposed to do for your hair..old diffusers in trash now :). So after letting my hair dry about 60% of the way, I applied my usual garnier fructis products(by far the best and cheapest for curly haired girls, dont bother with ouidad or the other expensive brands that do just about the same thing)and started to dry. Alot of places say to dry your hair completley upside down, but I found with this diffuser I could get the most of the under layers done upside down and then finish it off for some extra volume after I flipped my head over. This thing is amazing! Also, for those of you that like to dry a little, then let it set, add some more product and go back to the dryer this is perfect because you dont get the frizz you would expect from a normal dryer. The best part was seeing myself in the mirror after with perfect curls that normally would only happen for me once in a blue moon(usually on days that I dont try hard, of course) no frizz, great volume and not fried looking at all. I dont know how I ever lived without this hair dryer and diffuser. I would reccomend buying this before spending the big bucks on pricey dryers and diffusers like I did before discovering this gem. As for the concentrator end, I am not one to blow out my hair very often, especially now with all the humidity in the air, but it is a nice shape(I've seen some strange ones in my day) and i'll report back after I try it out.

UPDATE: Since recieving this I had yet to use it for a blow out, although I have used it almost every day with the diffuser attachment and I only love it more and more. Today I was given a new straightner by my wonderful BF and decided I had to try it right away. After shampooing and a deep conditioner I used some of Garnier Fructis' sleek and shine smoothing milk. My hair is well below my shoulders so I used about a half dollar sized amount and applied that from my ends to roots and combed with a wide tooth comb to distribute. I let my hair dry about 75% of the way, combing every once in a while to keep as many of my curls straight, and then clipped my hair in about 6 sections with metal clips. I find if you have alot of hair, the more sections you clip, the easier it is to get all your hair straight(bigger sections take longer to dry). Then using a paddle brush and Tresemme Thermal Creations Heat Tamer Spray I dried section by section with the special concentrator attachment. I started on medium heat and medium speed but I found that it was hard to keep my hair taught and straight so after the first 2 sections I switched down to low speed and kept the medium heat for the middle section of my hair. When I got to the top couple sections I reduced the heat to low (now on low/low) because the top of my hair was pretty much almost dry and pretty curly. I used the paddle brush to pull the top sections up in the air to dry my roots and add a little volume (even on low this created a bit of frizz, but it's to be expected with all dryers I'd assume) and then smoothed it out. It only took around 30 seconds to dry each section(for my hair it only took like 5 minutes with the heat on my hair compared to 10 minutes with my old dryer) and again, the fact that this dryer is lightweight meant I could hold it between my knees while getting the brush in position again and it felt like nothing was there. I've had dryers that I couldnt keep steady with my knees and they would eventualy fall. The end result on my hair was quite straight with a little curl at the ends which I expect because of my naturally curly hair and there was quite a decrease in frizz from what I usually expect from a blow out. It gave me some nice volume and made my hair suprisingly manageable when I started to straighten, where as some of my old dryers left my hair flat and quite tangly and hard to smooth out with a straightener. It's also nice that the attachments fit perfectly and you dont have to stop every few minutes to put it back on the end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can you say AMAZING?!, June 5, 2011
My old hair dryer was HORRIBLE! It would spark every time I turned it on. I was looking around in local stores and online for a new one. I found this one and was a little skeptical in purchasing it. I was worried it would be too heavy or get too hot, but it is absolutely amazing! It's light weight and easy to handle. The temperature settings allow me to use the amount of heat that's suitable for me. The attachments are amazing as well. My hair is wavy, and can go straight or curly. The diffuser is great to use and stays on the dryer. (No holding it on there) I also like that the dryer is so cute! I would recommend this to ANYONE looking for a GREAT dryer! 5 stars!!! '

P.S. The straightener is GREAT as well! amazon.com/gp/product/B003JMKJS4

4.0 out of 5 stars Needed a new hair dryer., January 21, 2011
I so needed a new hair dryer, and this one so happened to be on sale around christmas. It works great, dont have any complaints about it. And its very stylish. Honestly never heard of the brand before, so I took a chance, and would consider other products from this brand. Thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value and light, January 22, 2011
Love this hairdryer and trust me I have owned enough of them ...lots of temperature choices and air control...Isnt as heavy as many I have had thank goodness. Diffuser works great and does not fall off ...love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars very surprised- bought it for my daughter, January 19, 2011
Anna Gandour "book diva" (Long Island, New York USA) - See all my reviews
My daughter has long thick hair and goes through hairdryers often, burning them out. Right before Christmas her hairdryer died and she asked me to get good one for a Xmas gift. I was looking at Amazon and saw this one. I didn't know how good it was but it had all the right components. I bought it because my daughter's name is Zoe and I thought it would be fun. She tells me it is a great dryer and she is thrilled with it. It is very cute with white, pink and black decoration.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, March 25, 2013
I expected it to dry a little faster but it does have great power and I love the stylish look. I would buy again

2.0 out of 5 stars beautiful... but fire hazard!, January 18, 2013
I loved how the Zoe dried my hair quickly with the diffuser (not to mention it's very pretty), however there was also a short in the wire near the handle (the are covered with rubber near the handle). I noticed it got really hot on the cord and it started smoking and i was worried it was going to start on fire. I reluctantly had to quit using it. I see this is a VERY common complaint from people all over the internet talking about it shorting out on the wire near the handle... i would not trust leaving this blow dryer plugged in at your hom. Beware of this potential fire hazard!!!!!!!!