4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but - - -
Published on October 2, 2012 by Daisy Rocky

when I got it, I like the cute size and nice appearance. actually it is expensive. I can't wait to try this and expected the nice and soft sushi rice will come out. But during the cooking I smelled the something is like plastic burning or chemical burning. It is very terrible. today I tried it again to cook white rice the terrible smell came out again!
I will try to...
Published 20 months ago by weiqihu

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but - - -, October 2, 2012
This review is from: Zojirushi NS-WXC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 5.5 Cups, 1.0-Liter (Kitchen)
I have owned two other Zojirushi rice cookers before this one - both were the type with the single switch on the front. This older style cooks the rice, then keeps it warm. No special features, it just cooks the rice. The NS-WXC10 is almost the same, with one or two small differences. First, this device has a computer chip with several "Pre-Programmed" settings to cook your rice. White, Sushi, Porridge, and Brown rice settings are available for your selection; and the built in timer allows you to delay your rice cooking from four, six, eight or ten hours. The inner pot is clearly marked so you can add the correct amount of rice and water with no problem.
Another feature which I like about this device is the steam vent. The vent is covered by a removable lid which keeps the steam from causing a mess [as happened frequently with the older cookers].
When the cooking cycle is finished, the rice is fluffy, and very tender. But there is a drawback here - It takes almost an hour and fourty minutes to cook two cups of rice. Included in the cooking cycle is a 20 minute soak time for the rice. In the slightly more advanced Zojirushi models this can be skipped by pressing a quick cook button. This device does not have this feature.
So my overall review for this device is a 4 - it cooks rice perfectly each time, however, be sure to take into account the cooking time when planning your meals.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far so good, December 4, 2012
So far so good. It seems to cook rice and porridge pretty well.

The main reason I bought this unit, was because it does NOT have an internal battery. The other models have a battery that you have to replace every 3-4 years (read the instruction manual), which involves shipping the unit to the factory because the battery is soldered in place (probably $50+ to ship a rice cooker to and from and have the battery replaced). Well, I don't want to go through that hassle, so I picked one without a battery.

The only downside is that I find the 10 hour timer function to be not enough, wish it had a 12 hr option. Since most often I'll go to work and come back 12-14 hrs later.

I also wish it had a steaming tray, but I knew it didn't so I can't mark it down for that. I would have preferred some of their other models, but until they make it so that you can easily swap out the battery (like you can with say a garage opener), I just don't want to deal with that hassle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rice cooker!, April 4, 2013
Very good investment. Soft and warm rice and doesn't stick to the pan. Love it! Recommended by a friend and if you're looking for a new rice cooker, get this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great with white rice and brown rice!, March 25, 2014
This cooker works wonderfully. Easy to clean, simple to use, and makes perfect rice. I think it's an older model cooker, but don't be fooled -- it gets the job done, and it's at a fraction of the cost of the newer Zojirushi items out there. This is a great value, and I'm glad I made the purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars works as expected, March 7, 2014
It works truly great. I make rice and porridge in it. Never failed. Design seem to be sturdy and well thought.

4.0 out of 5 stars I am glad that I bought this rice cooker, March 20, 2013
I enjoy this rice cooker, I think you get what you pay for, It keep the rice warm and soft.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, June 10, 2013
Had my last Zojirushi for 21 years. Was still working great other than the nonstick pot. I did not know we could buy replacements. I threw it away...I was a big dummy. BUT after 21 yrs, I definitely got my money's worth. Love the timer setting on this one. My old one was cook and keep warm only. Love that I can cook different things in it as well. So easy to use, my kids know how to use it now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Zojirushi NS-WXC10 Micom Rice Cooker and Warmer, 5.5 Cups Zojirushi terrible smell !!!!!!!!!!, April 14, 2013
I will try to return it. waste time and money! how could people wrote so many good feedback, and I am felt I am the only unlucky guy???!!!