Zojirushi NS-XBC05YR Rizo Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker and Warmer, Yellow
|Price:||$227.95 & FREE Shipping|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- User-friendly 3-cup electric rice cooker yields up to 6 cups of rice
- Menu settings include white/sushi rice, risotto, and steam cooking
- Micro-computerized Fuzzy logic technology; nonstick inner cooking pan
- Steaming plate, measuring cup, rice spatula, and spatula stand included
- Measures 9-1/2 by 8-7/8 by 8-5/8; 1-year limited warranty
- NOTE: Please ensure to measure rice in the cup that comes along with the product ONLY
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
There are several things that you can't cook in this appliance including soups, sauces and a full 3 cup quantity of rice (it will boil over and make a terrible mess).
You can use it to steam foods with a very good result on vegetables.
The instruction book is confusing and took some figuring out.
This machine is extremely well insulated and does not heat up my kitchen as my very old rice cooker does. Also it doesn't put gobs of steam into the air.
I look forward to seeing reviews from folks who are more technical than I am, but I am pleased with this machine.
Having HAD to have this I am glad that I begged for it for Christmas.
It makes very good rice - although in portions suitable for a single person, or for a couple, for one or two meals.
1. Very little steam escapes as the rice is cooking and it does not heat up the kitchen like other rice cookers
2. VERY cute, small - does not take up a lot of room on the counter.
3. Rice warmer keeps rice moist with a just made taste. I like to pour a cup of rice in (skip the rinsing) and add the water to the line and set it to cook so that I have hot rice in the morning.
4. Button release on top of lid is nice as you don't have to manually lift it up.
5. Did I say this was cute? All components are very well designed and look very stylish. This isn't your ordinary clunky rice cooker.
6. It would be nice if there was an integrated timer - though it is not needed as it takes about an hour.
7. Although it says that it can make risottos, keep in mind that what it means is that you prep your rice and ingredients first in a frying pan and then add it to the rice cooker... It doesn't do it all!
Overall, very nice rice cooker and steamer... But don't expect too much more out of it, after all it is a rice cooker!
The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook : 250 No-Fail Recipes for Pilafs, Risottos, Polenta, Chilis, Soups, Porridges, Puddings and More, from Start to Finish in Your Rice Cooker
* The price was too much for me, but I bought it from the Amazon Warehouse_Deals for $108. Look for them in the refurbished tab. There was nothing wrong with the item. It didn't even look like a return. The box was scuffed up a bit, but no worse that something off the shelf at Target.
** I find the bowl too small for sauteing veggies and chicken at the start, so I use a pan on the stove for that.
While it is NOT a multi cooker, you CAN add things to the rice - I like to add sausage, peppers, and onions for example. The design of the unit is charming, and award-winning. "Fuzzy Logic" assures close to perfect results, each time you use it.
I am guessing that Zojirushi has discontinued this model, as it can be hard to find., at a variety of prices. The design reminds me of late 50's and 60's "Googie" space-age look. Of course, that is cosmetic- but still is Jetsons style fun.
If you have a big famly, or lots of friends and entertain a lot, this will not be ideal. But, for one or two? Just perfect!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is a rice cooker that you can leave on the counter top at all times because it is cute and small. The design and yellow color make it look ornamental. Read morePublished on May 9, 2013 by mayumee
I was excited about this rice cooker--it is the right size for our small household, very cute and bright, and has received good reviews. Read morePublished on June 8, 2012 by Annabelle I.
This little rice maker is our favorite new appliance. Bought on ebay for a bargain price, which perhaps is the only way I could justify the cost. Read morePublished on February 14, 2011 by Golden
This high-end Japanese rice maker not only has great style and design, but it makes the best rice and absolute perfect risotto with ease. Read morePublished on June 26, 2010 by Nedra
I love this product! It is so easy to use, the rice seems to turn out great every time, the clean-up is super-easy--and it's cute!Published on March 6, 2009 by KES