Questions & Answers
4.6 out of 5 stars (931)
Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 41 questions
votes
This model, the NS-ZCC10/NS-ZCC18, is the only one I've found labeled "Neuro Fuzzy" and is made in Japan, while the comparable Micom Fuzzy Logic NS-TSC10/NS-TSC18 is made in China. Two differences are that on the ZCC there are cool touch handles to pull out the pot and the steam vent is easier to clean. I have read in another answer related to the NS-ZCC10 5.5 cup model that the Neuro Fuzzy models have 2 extra sensors to also check room and lid temperatures, while the cheaper TSC units just have a sensor on the center post the pot sits on. I haven't been able to confirm the existence or lack of extra sensors independently though. Steam vent cleaning video showing both models - https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU2Tssa-a-rEEWM5il8cWRuw&feature=player_detailpage&v=aypd1H2h_aA#t=40 The biggest difference though between these models though, is that the ZCC has a spherical heating element, which was a pretty big innovation. Spherical heat is an important reason why induction models cook better, so I'd say the ZCC sits between the non-spherical TSC, and spherical induction HBC models. The ZCC Neuro Fuzzy model appears to be the sweet spot in quality and performance for money spent. Better comparison information than what retailers are displaying - http://www.zojirushi.com/ourproducts/how_and_chart/comparison_pdf/Zojirushi%20Rice%20Cooker%20Chart.pd BEGIN Japanology - Rice Cookers - mentions the introduction of spherical induction in the 1980s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KbRRHRbprU As far as differences in programming between Neuro Fuzzy and Fuzzy Logic models, as the names insinuate, there may be some differences because the Neuro Fuzzy has the extra room and lid temperature sensors. The higher end models, up to the $500 NVC pressure induction units, don't mention Neuro Fuzzy but they likely have these extra sensors too. Fuzzy Logic is something they teach in textbooks, but "Neuro Fuzzy" seems to have been pulled out of nowhere by marketing, so the lack of clear explanation from Zojirushi confusing. It seems to me Zojirushi wanted to differentiate the Japanese made ZCC unit from its less expensive Chinese made cousin, the TSC/TGC, and Neuro Fuzzy was used as a buzzword to help identify the better model at a glance. Especially since ZCC has plain white appearance compared to the TSC. There are no comparable Chinese made versions of the higher end induction units, so the Neuro Fuzzy label is not needed for them. I also suspect the margins on the China made Micom Fuzzy Logic TSC models are good, and Zojirushi doesn't want to upset those sales by touting the spherical heating element or extra sensors on the Neuro Fuzzy ZCC too hard. I ended up ordering ZCC and would recommend spending the extra $20 over the TSC for it.
Jan 17, 2014 by Lindsay
vote
There are settings for the different rice texture preferences. On the left side of the control panel there are buttons for softer, harder and regular/sushi rice. In addition, rice such as Calrose, which is pre-washed, can be set on the pre-washed cycle, as well as using the other settings. I cook just about every type of rice there is and have had prefect results for each. The "neuro fuzzy logic" computer chip does seem to get it right when you push the right buttons! Hope this helps!
May 11, 2010 by Avid Camper
vote
This particular model is rated for 120v only (110 will work, 220 will not). But i'm sure if you find a local zojirushi seller they may have a similar model rated for your area.
Feb 2, 2014 by Jubda
vote
I own the 5 1/2 cup neuro fuzzy model and the 3 cup induction model. The minimum amount of uncooked white rice recommended for the 5 1/2 cup model is one rice cooker cup (6 oz). The minimum amount recommended for the 3 cup model is 1/2 rice cooker cup (it makes a modest single serving of cooked white rice). Although I do not own the 10 cup model, some sources recommend a minimum of 2 rice cooker cups, an amount far more than a single serving. I have read some reviewers who own the 10 cup model say they have cooked one cup of rice without any noticeable difference, but I'm not sure that is recommended.
Jun 27, 2011 by rice lover
votes
Not at all. I only use this cooker for rice only.. But I add beans into rice and cooks beautifully.. Just be sure to soak beans.
Dec 4, 2013 by Care
votes
Don't think the Chinese or Japanese use rice cooker to steam the vegetables.
Apr 6, 2014 by Z. Zheng
votes
Yes so the 10 model is a 5 cup model vs the 18 is a 10 cup model. Hope that helps you out.
Jan 28, 2014 by Glenn Lehto-Maynard
votes
Apparently, the battery is necessary to provide power for the clock display. It takes some time (years) for the battery to run down. If the battery is dead, the only lost feature is that the clock does not display the time (unless plugged in). The rice cooker functions are not affected.
Sep 9, 2013 by Seacidal
votes
It is actually Made in Japan.
Feb 17, 2014 by Aaron E. Doughty
votes
I only cook rice with chicken broth so it's always too soggy for me. I'll try the quick setting next time.
Dec 21, 2014 by Dorothy J. Tipton
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers