Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Origins (Zombie Games - Book One) A Zombie Apocalypse Adventure
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2012
I read this book in less than a day. I am addicted to zombie apocalypse stories. However, the grammar and spelling were off on several occasions, some of the characters names were mixed up which was confusing at times. It seemed like no one proofread the book.
on June 17, 2013
I love zombies...no...seriously, I LOVE ZOMBIES. I bought this book because I've read a few self pub'ed zombie apocalypse books and they were phenom. This one was so so. Now let me clarify. Great plot. Good characters. Not so awesome development or pacing. The premise is good, and you can tell the author has some raw talent. It needs a good, solid editing and some beta readers. The plot progression is startlingly rushed and the characters lacked depth. The bulk of this book is dialog and is really lacking in inner thoughts, feelings, and emotions of its characters. It almost would translate better as a screen play. I think that the author should consider a rewrite and re-release of this story, because it has some solid bones. It just needs the guts and blood and tissue of a solid zombie book. (Pun intended)
on June 8, 2012
i really enjoyed this book. so much that i sacrificd sleep to read it. its great to see such a strong girl. i love how the autor put her own spin on the zombie thing. it was greatly appreciated. i am looking forward to her second book...i got this one free on a promotion, but i sure the heck will buy the next one if need be. thanks for a good read!!!
on September 22, 2013
1.5 out of 5 stars.

I've been reading some pretty good but serious books recently, and wanted something quick and fun. Some of my online friends are almost zombie-obsessed so I thought I'd dip my toe in the waters with this one.

Blaugh. Not for me at all. Despite the violence, it was actually pretty boring. The protagonist was too good to be true, the romance was silly, and the zombies - I get it, they smell bad and they are rotting. But how many times do I have to have the same gore described over and over. Not interesting. There were a couple of mildly amusing bits about a manicure. There was some bad grammar. Whether it was intentional as character development or an editing mistake, I don't know but it didn't fit. Clean as far as profanity (at least I don't remember any but I wasn't on the alert for it) and no explicit sex.

And the ending...well there was no ending. There was instead a break in the story while I am supposed to go buy book 2. No.

So, I wanted something to empty my mind, and this worked about as well as a nap would have.
on May 19, 2014
While I am not normally interested in any way in the Zombie Apocalypse, end-of-the-world, desolate earth stories, I decided to try this one because of the unique karate angle. That fascinated me and was different and unusual enough to pique my curiosity.

I found the story at first interesting, grabbing and keeping my interest; then intriguing, where was the author going and what was going to happen; and finally I became completely engrossed in finding out what each of the characters roles was going to be, how they were going to survive, how they would get along, and how they would fight. I became completely engrossed in these peoples lives. I loved the merry band of all-walks in life, normal people helping each other out and putting aside differences in a crisis.

I appreciated the author keeping the guts and gore descriptions to a minimum and instead focusing on the relationships. Despite some grammatical errors, I look forward to reading book two.
on January 31, 2014
I just wish it had been longer. i understand the authors need to rope us in to buy the next book but in my opinion this one was just chopped off in the middle of a book not the middle of a series. I read this in an hour and a half. But it was very good! i will purchase the 2nd book but if it chops off like #1 did just to get me to buy another 190+ pages to read I will stop there. I do hope this turns out to be a nice series because the characters are fun and easy to get into. I didn't take the time to look and see what this author has written but I will, and will look forward to anything else she come out with.UPDATE I just noticed there are 5 books in the series and they are all longer than the first :) I am looking forward to reading them all!
on March 19, 2015
It has been along time since I have read such an enthralling and captivating story. I have been sitting on the edge of my seat and holding my breath. Cassie is a warrior. Bryce and Austin, possible distractions. Sara and Kristie great support. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this story and will be getting the next installment to find out if Cassie finds her family. WOW!
on March 6, 2016
I read the first 3 books in the 5-book kindle series. (Yeah, I know. I'm not a quitter. I need to overcome that.) They were l o n g reads, & I skimmed a lot to get through them. I started book #4. The author takes a big left turn in book #4. Apparently, the zombie apocalypse she describes is due to (get ready) -- The Apocalypse! Other things I found irritating were: (1) "go with" -- I hope I never hear those 2 words alone together again! Why not just say "go with you" or "go with me", etc. I know this is a regional thing, but the author used it more frequently as she moved the story forward. That, & the demon/devil, annoyed me enough that I put the book down. I don't recall any references to religion in the first 3 books! Well, pardon me, as I said earlier, I skimmed through the first 3 books. A lot. So, maybe I missed religious references? (2) Dead bodies become putrid pretty quick, but the zombies in this book are described as putrid as soon as the person dies. Google (research) "when do zombies start to stink?" please! (3) Luke. His character is not very developed, the little girls are crushing on him, then BOOM! He's gone. Oh well, the girls have a new young guy to moon over. Also, the new guy has been bitten, but decides a road trip in the opposite direction of the CDC/Atlanta is in order! He can become a zombie later. Okie-dokie! (4) Why would anyone who develops immunity go out & kill zombies, or sneak away for that matter? Hello! Mankind needs you to develop a vaccine or cure. (5) How do all these people manage to lose each other geographically, then magically find each other again? Multiple times. Oh, they have mad skills! Whoo-hoo! (6) Why divide the food among the survivors? There's a kitchen in that hotel. Inventory & ration the food, which is described as becoming scarce, & let everyone eat together. Maybe Wild could stay indoors, help in the kitchen or teach/reinforce self-defense techniques, to avoid zombie bites, scratches & getting her appendages or face bitten off. She's not immune to being eaten by a zombie, is she? Eva managed to bite Wild, so being eaten isn't out of the question. I may be taking the whole zombie thing too seriously . . . Time for bed. Good night.
on March 5, 2014
The author shows some promise. The story has a good premise and the main character, Cassie, is someone I think the YA audience will relate to easily. She's tough but caring though can be a bit snarly at times. What teenage girl can't be, however? She's someone I would like if I knew her IRL. The rest of the characters, however, are so numerous and interchangeable it's hard to keep them all straight. It takes 50% of the book for the story to get moving. Up until that point it's just Cassie and her life - the sexy karate teacher, the typical mom/dad drama - none of which most zombie aficionados really care about in a zombie book. We want zombies. The story is being built during this time - the occasional mention of the "flu" that's going around. But it's so slow going you want to skip most of it.

The dialogue is a bit stilted and stiff - you can't really tell one person's voice from another. I found there to be alot of inappropriate moments - not obscene per se but more like "the zombies are attacking and I broke a nail. Damit," Really? It didn't come across to me as funny at all but I'm much older than the YA market so that could be the reason.

All in all, an ok book. I finished it in a few hours.
on December 6, 2015
How do you save your family during an apocalypse? The government may have a cure to undo what they have done. When everything goes bad where will Cassie be and how does she save her sister, father, and mother as well as the stragglers that may join along the way ? I for one cannot wait to continue the saga and find out.