Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Running Wild (Zombie Games Book Two) A Zombie Apocalypse Adventure
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on August 24, 2012
My fingers flew on the keyboard to purchase Zombie Games 2 right after finishing the first book.

I wasn't disapointed. The Wild One is at it again. Or let's say 'it' is at the Wild One again. We pick up right where the first story ended. Getting ready to go on the road to Atlanta to find Cassie's mom and sister.

Cassie's traveling companions change for a little while and all but one are hilarious. If I need a ride in the zombie apocalypse, I want a tour bus with a traveling drag show in it.

The pacing is just a fast and satisfying as our first encounter with Cassie. I won't give anything away about the ending, but Oct. 1st can't come soon enough so I can find out how everything ends.

Definitely read Zombie Games (Origins) before enjoying this story.
Okay, I already took the author to task on editing for book one and she's told me that all the books are undergoing massive editing now, so I'm going to ease up on her. :-) There were just a few minor issues in this one.

So...to the review.

After reading Zombie Games, book one in the series, I wanted to know what happened next and immediately bought book two.

I was not disappointed! Zombies and action galore are mixed with fun, memorable characters, genuinely creepy situations, and enjoyable dialogue. Honestly, if you asked me if I would like to read a funny Zombie novel, I'd tell you no. I like my horror scary and find most 'humor' to be much too forced to sustain. In this case, the author has a killer sense of humor which sits really well in the story. Rather than feeling forced, the dialogue, funny as it is, feels entirely natural and is very, very sharp. I have a feeling the author is a kick to sit back and enjoy a beer with. This is a clever, funny, and yet still scary book.

I had a couple of world-building issues. I can't for the life of me figure out how some technology is gone and some, like cell phones, just continue blithely on. I also wanted a bit more info about what's going on outside of their sphere of existence.

But, in spite of those minor items, I loved this book and sped through it. I really appreciated that the author pulls no punches. She gets her characters into astoundingly bad situations and gives us real (and bloody!) solutions to these situations.

So did I buy book three? Absolutely! Can't wait to get off work tonight and start reading.
on February 8, 2015
I do not read books with main characters who are teenage girls, regardless of genre. Even though I once was one, I find I cannot connect with them. Are all teenage girls so self-centered and short-sighted? I'm guessing they are. Why did I try this series, then? The first book was surprisingly good (and free). Sure, there was a teenage girl, but she was kick-ass. Knew her martial arts and her guns. Hooah. It was certainly not even near to the best zombie stories out there, but it was FUN, and sometimes that's enough. This continuation however brought out all the things about whats-her-name that were hinted at in the 1st book (and, yes, I've already forgotten her name, which should tell you something. let's call her Mary Sue, cuz that's what she is. look it up.) In the 1st book I thought the author was being all wily and tongue-in cheek. Sad to say, she's just a writer of stereotypes. I couldn't give a crap if Mary Sue gets whats-his name to be her bo-ooyfriend. Seriously. Put a lid on it. You could die in 2 seconds and you're sneaking off to grope in a closet? This is why teenagers get offed so frequently and easily in horror movies everywhere. Been there, done that. The impossibility of the Austin (is that his name?) sub-plot just annoyed me. (SPOILER ALERTS) She leaves him unconscious in the middle of nowhere and takes off in a stolen truck going 40 mph, taking an entirely different route that she would have taken, and he finds her after she's switched vehicles? Having picked up an awesome truck? Really? And Eva. She's a character put there just for you to hate her. That's it. That is literally the only reason she's there. When Mary Sue gets bitten, you know what my 1st thought was? Thank goodness! Can we just put a bullet through her skull now and save us all some misery? And the "book" took me a bit more than 1 hr to read. Yeahhhh. Needless to say, this is my stopping point. I'm guessing that if you're going for this kind of book, no one will agree with this review, but I just had to get this off my chest cuz this was so dang disappointing. And I spent /money/ on it.
on July 26, 2013
If you thought book 1 was fast-paced with a ton of action.....wait until you read book 2!! I don't like to give away anything when I review a book because I think it's more fun to go into a story with as little knowledge as possible. I will say that you're going to find Cassie in a number of crazy situations (along with some of the other characters as well). You'll also be introduced to some new people along the way and left with a crazy cliffhanger at the end!!

I finished this book last night, downloaded book 3, and read almost half of it before I finally decided to go to sleep. I purposely have not started reading it yet this morning because, I knew if I did, I wouldn't get this review done!!

Zombie Games 2 (Running Wild) is a great installment to Zombie Games. It's a very fast page turner that I really enjoyed (possibly more than the first one). If you liked book one than you will absolutely love this one!! Kristen Middleton did an awesome job!! I'm totally hooked!!
on August 18, 2012
i loved this book. its well written, not very repetitive, interesting, captivating (haha) and i warn you...you will become addicted to these books. i have already re-read both 3 times. i love love love them!
on July 24, 2012
The first book will get you hooked but the second book keeps you on your toes from the first page to the last. Love the characters and am very happy about the results involving one in particular. (don't want to say too much but if you read the book - you will know who!!). Overall, this author knows how to get you into the lives and heads of the characters while building suspense and action. Looking forward to reading the next book.
on November 27, 2012
Zombie Apocalypse from the female teen survivalist view.l
I am totally of the wrong age and gender for the intended audience, but I find the narrative to be drawing me in. I find myself caring about our lead and her experiences. Many other characters are only paper thin and need some fleshing out. If a long series is planned, I might suggest having a forced separation of members of the group and give different characters center stage for several chapters. Add flesh and show different takes on the same situations from other eyes...a common method is the extended flash back, used in many movies and shows...for example "Revolution". There still exist some grammatical errors that, I, who love to write, see with alarm bells...I'm just pedantric though. I will be starting the third installment tomorrow, eager to see our ass kicking heroine continue onward
on April 28, 2015
I'm pretty disappointed with this read because I really liked the first book. I think my main beef with this book was the characters.

First, they were all severely "over-acted"--like the child actors in a Disney TV show. They would argue over mundane things in the middle of a zombie attack. "Stay away from my boyfriend!" Girl, who cares, it's the apocalypse. Also, this book had a major case of the "everyone needs to reply" syndrome. As in, someone would say something, and then EVERYONE else in the room had to reply. And all of the flirting with strangers, etc. It's the end of the world as you know it; most of you have lost loved ones within the past 24 hours. It was unrealistic.

And what happened with Austin... Completely left field. It was like an entirely different character from the first book.

I don't know, I'm just apathetic to this book. Not sure I'll be continuing the series.
on November 13, 2012
Another good book from the Zombie Games Series. The characters really get to you. This series always leaves me wanting more.
on March 13, 2013
Loved loved loved it! So it's now 12am at night and I just bought this book this afternoon... and with an ending like that I now need to buy the next one asap! It's a toss up tho cuz if I buy it now I will have to read at least the first chapter and then I'll never want to put it down! I'm just upset because I know after this on I'm going to have to wait for the next one! Ughhhhhhhhh.