Zombie Lake: Remastered Edition
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
I will not give a synopsis; other reviewers have done that. I will instead share some of the treasures contained in Zombie Lake:
1) A beautiful, nubile young woman is completely nude during the opening credits. Yes, this must be a record; full frontal nudity during the opening titles!
2) The zombies' makeup is of the 99 cent, K Mart variety. The makeup rubs off on the victims' bodies, and as the film progresses, washes off of the zombies. By their final emergence from the lake, one zombie's face is completely devoid of makeup.
3) During one shining, glorious moment, the camera operator can clearly be seen in a mirror.
4) The female "basketball" team, emerges from their VW bus and begins to play with a volleyball.
5) Said female team begin disrobing, and reveal that none of them are wearing underclothes (and they just came back from practice). In fact, none of the women in the film wear underclothes, except for one young woman who is taking a bath (the tub conveniently located on her lawn).
6) One member of the team gleefully strips off all of her clothes, and enters the lake still wearing her shoes. She must be a modest young lady. In the very next scene (an underwater shot),her shoes have miraculously disappeared.
7) The underwater shots are obviously shot in a pool. Canvas has been draped over the walls of the pool, and the ripples and folds of the canvas are completely visible. A light and drain are also on full display.Read more ›
That being said, it was different and it was worth the price ($9.99) although I'm glad I didn't spend $20 or more on it.
It was nice also to finally see a film by Jean Rollin, a director I have heard of but had never had the chance to see any of his works.
Don't expect anything along the lines of Italian cinema here and you won't be disappointed.
This movie is bad!
ZOmbie movies rarely have a plot(Romero's films aside) and that's usually OK. But, this film doesn't even have a point and that is not OK! The opening scene consists of a woman, walking down to this lake by herself, stripping and jumping in. This goes on for like 10 minutes. Then she is pulled under water by what I am guessing is supposed to be one of the zombies. You would not know that though, because this 'thing' is so un-scary. Anyway, people in town notice she is missing. After 3 days they decide to call the police(Hey, nothing like taking quick action) and after another week or so, the police actually show up; just to be murdered the first day they are there.
The town gets a visit from a reporter, who is dead-set on learning as much as she can about the lake, from the mayor. He tells her the story of the Nazi soldier who made love and had a child with one of the townsfolk. HE was later murdered, along with his unit, by some members of the French "Resistance" and their bodies thrown into the lake. Now, they are terrorizing the town, some 10 or 15 years later.
This film might have had some promise. But, it is just plain terrible. The soundtrack sounds like music you would hear while shopping at a supermarket.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This is just so so so bad that it begs to be seen. Their is some talent in this movie but it's completely hidden under bad special effects, horrible plot, and no conceivable... Read morePublished 29 days ago by M. J. Petty
Man, I love these types of movies! The opening scene where the beautiful girl goes skinny dipping and is menaced and attacked by the lake zombie ala Jaws is worth the price of... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
Terrible acting. Terrible story. Terrible make-up. Terrible special fx. The only thing saving this movie from one star was all of the full-frontal nudity, bless their little French... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Johnny O
Zombie Lake is bottom of the barrel horror
how is it this film got a BR but, The Dead Next Door isn't on blu ray here in the states??? Read more
If you're looking for comedy/horror this is what you want.Published 4 months ago by Stephen P. Hoch